• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

State of the Gun Crisis Union

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Food for thought.

This is the state of America's gun violence crisis:

Since President Trump took office, over 75,000 people in America have been killed with a gun. There have been nearly 700 mass shootings. At least 3,300 children shot and killed. Over 1,000 women shot by intimate partners. #SOTU

https://twitter.com/GabbyGiffords/status/1092793750672343046

Stunning numbers

Not stunning. Inflated beyond reason.

and...its twitter. If people are trusting twitter for statistics then this country has far bigger problems than Trump.

and...its twitter. If people are trusting twitter for statistics then this country has far bigger problems than Trump.

Neither the FBI nor CDC have released their 2018 numbers. I wonder where the data is coming from. I don't wonder why they count gang violence in mass shootings though. Giffords should bounce their numbers off of Mother Jones.

Well trump supporters trust trumps tweets so you got a point about people being gullible for believing tweets. Especially when they come from the biggest liars like trump. :lamo

Neither the FBI nor CDC have released their 2018 numbers. I wonder where the data is coming from. I don't wonder why they count gang violence in mass shootings though. Giffords should bounce their numbers off of Mother Jones.

Is that who did the twitter? I didn't even look. Just saw the word "twitter" in the link.

And while it doesn't surprise me that they'd use gang shootings included as mass shootings its rather misrepresenting by doing so. Gangs are, by nature criminal organizations that no law is going to control and they have no problem breaking it. A different solution needs to be done for them vs the types of mass shooters that do it for political reasons or mental reasons. Even among the mass shooters that are just political and mental different solutions are required. And none of the solutions require any sort of gun control beyond making sure that they don't have any while incarcerated.

Never trust numbers that make guns look bad—gun lovers

Build that wall even though Trump’s numbers are bull****—the same people

Not it's not the same people. How can you be so wrong so often?

Food for thought.

Stunning numbers

And about 2 million lives were saved because of private firearms ownership, since President Trump was elected.

Do you carry a gun for self defense?

I know, amazing huh? Do you know the causes of crime? *hint: its not guns*
Guns have never been a cause of crime. Neither have knives, bombs, poisons, baseball bats, nunchucks, etc .... They have been and are misused in committing crimes though.

I’m not anti gun even a tiny bit. I was only remarking on one absurd sentences from your post. Carry on.

And yet, with a few hundred million back ground checks over the last 20 years, we seem to have murders and criminals using guns....its almost as if criminals do not abide by the law.

Guns have never been a cause of crime. Neither have knives, bombs, poisons, baseball bats, nunchucks, etc .... They have been and are misused in committing crimes though.

I’m not anti gun even a tiny bit. I was only remarking on one absurd sentences from your post. Carry on.

Considering you just automatically assumed that what I said was "absurd", didn't even attempt to ask what I was talking about, and didn't even attempt to answer my question, I'm pretty sure that you're more anti-gun than you wish to admit.

Considering you just automatically assumed that what I said was "absurd", didn't even attempt to ask what I was talking about, and didn't even attempt to answer my question, I'm pretty sure that you're more anti-gun than you wish to admit.

I know what you posted is absurd because I read and comprehended it. And I think I did a pretty good job answering your question. Can you explain the causes of crime? *Hint; it's much more complicated than any one thing.

BTW, I’m a firearms owner and 2A supporter.

Food for thought.

Stunning numbers

trolling again? were the children 18-21 year old gang bangers? in an average year, less than 2000 people are murdered by someone who lawfully possessed the gun used to kill

Trump voters are the proof--so, it's probably over 75% of gun lovers are wall builders.

Your opinion is not sufficient. Data would be nice.

H ha ha, to bad the truth isn't on your side.

Cruikshank, Miller, Heller, McDonald, Caetano.

Are you still blaming Heller for the homicide rate reduction in DC?

Cruikshank, Miller, Heller, McDonald, Caetano.

Are you still blaming Heller for the homicide rate reduction in DC?

He's trolling. Try getting him to actually tell you what sort of laws he wants to help lower or prevent the problems he claims vexes him. You won't get anything either valid or reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom