• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

State of the Gun Crisis Union

That's the whole point of a registry.

That's why gun owners oppose it, and that's why politicians who propose them are careful not to mention that part, but instead to claim that it's to help the police do their job better.

That's the whole point of a registry.

I appreciate your honesty-most gun banners deny that the purpose of a registry is to facilitate confiscation. We who fight for gun rights, know that is the main reason why gun banners seek such a data base

Australia is a good model.

sorry-trying to force people to "sell back" their guns is unconstitutional and a government in the USA that tried that would be rogue and should be treated as illegal

Australia is a good model.

Australia averaged somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 gun related deaths per year before they banned firearms.

Australia averages somewhere in the neighborhood of 6,000 alcohol related deaths per year and they still haven't banned drinkable alcohol.

Is protecting human life important in Australia or not? How does this make rational sense? All of the arguments in favor of a gun ban apply to drinkable alcohol in spades. No one ever needs to drink it for any reason. It kills ten times more people than firearms do. It has no other use besides recreation, where there are other uses for firearms.

Banning firearms and not alcohol is irrational.

except that stupid solution cannot be imposed on criminals-it violates their fifth amendment rights-proving you don't understand the law, the constitution and you want to pass laws that don't even impact criminals.

The problem with a full-on registry is that is it would make it easier for the wet dreams of people such as Rich2018 to come true where they go around the entire country and seize all the guns, with a full-on registry they would know exactly where to go to seize what guns.

We know gun zealots don't like it. Why do you think I usually don't waste my time bringing it up?

We know gun zealots don't like it. Why do you think I usually don't waste my time bringing it up?

Given that the admitted purpose is to enable confiscations, would you still be for it?

Food for thought.

Stunning numbers
Trump's been President for two years so abut 37,000 gun deaths from all causes. Much the same as previous years. The loony way "mass shootings" are counted make that an essentially meaningless factoid. Oh, and according the DCE there were 161,000 accidental deaths LAST YEAR: roughly four times the total gun death number. No data on "mass accidents".

Last edited:
I appreciate your honesty-most gun banners deny that the purpose of a registry is to facilitate confiscation. We who fight for gun rights, know that is the main reason why gun banners seek such a data base

The point of a registry is to aid law enforcement into knowing if a mentally ill or criminal person has obtained a weapon. If you put yourself in that category, then I suppose you could lose your weapon.

That's why gun owners oppose it, and that's why politicians who propose them are careful not to mention that part, but instead to claim that it's to help the police do their job better.

It stands to reason that if a registration database helps law enforcement to do their job better, then they're going to confiscate the weapons of criminals, mentally ill, and other high risk folks. It's amazing what computer nerds can extract from databases. They will be fending off numerous crimes, before they are executed. Anybody who says otherwise is just bull-headed and needlessly stubborn.

The point of a registry is to aid law enforcement into knowing if a mentally ill or criminal person has obtained a weapon. If you put yourself in that category, then I suppose you could lose your weapon.

That's what a background check is for.

It stands to reason that if a registration database helps law enforcement to do their job better, then they're going to confiscate the weapons of criminals, mentally ill, and other high risk folks. It's amazing what computer nerds can extract from databases. They will be fending off numerous crimes, before they are executed. Anybody who says otherwise is just bull-headed and needlessly stubborn.

Criminals and the mentally ill can't buy weapons legally, so when they get them through illegal channels, do you expect them to register that gun?

Criminals and the mentally ill can't buy weapons legally, so when they get them through illegal channels, do you expect them to register that gun?

Like I said - "just bull-headed and needlessly stubborn".

Like I said - "just bull-headed and needlessly stubborn".

You mispelled "rational and logical", unless you truly believe that criminals and the mentally ill will register their guns. We can't even arrest them for not registering their guns.

I’ve posted many solutions over the years: a full-on gun Registry, for one, which id’s the owner of each gun through its serial number, complete with ballistics profile; enforced by severe punishement to anyone who does not report transfer of ownership, ****s with the rifling, or alters a serial number

Why violate the 4th amendment just once, go for two or three times in one law: the registry, the presumption of guilt on ballistics.

Altering serial numbers on a gun is already a crime. Not reporting transfer of ownership to anyone but family is also already a crime.

You mispelled "rational and logical", unless you truly believe that criminals and the mentally ill will register their guns. We can't even arrest them for not registering their guns.

You're thinking too small. Cyberweapons will be the weapons that halt the needless death and destruction of guns. Registration can occur, even if it means coding and tracking ammunition. First there has to be a will.

that's really stupid since criminals cannot be forced to register weapons. The reason why gun banners want a registry is to confiscate guns legally owned if the Democrats can pass laws making once legal guns illegal.

gun control schemes never manage to survive real world logic.

You're thinking too small. Cyberweapons will be the weapons that halt the needless death and destruction of guns. Registration can occur, even if it means coding and tracking ammunition. First there has to be a will.

you are proving you both hate gun ownership and you really don't understand much about the subject

that's really stupid since criminals cannot be forced to register weapons. The reason why gun banners want a registry is to confiscate guns legally owned if the Democrats can pass laws making once legal guns illegal.

If the “criminals” don’t abide by the registry law, they can be incarcerated. That works for me. Just like throwing into camps the children of immigrants works for the other side.

As for your earlier 5th amendment argument, I say only one debunking thing. You put your address on your tax return. Right?

If the “criminals” don’t abide by the registry law, they can be incarcerated. That works for me. Just like throwing into camps the children of immigrants works for the other side.

They can't even be arrested for not registering a gun.

No, what is stupid, is continuing the same, ridiculous pattern that makes citizens of the United States among the most likely to die of a gunshot.

Back
Top Bottom