• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

State of the Biden Debacle Tonight

The left is just defensive of Biden. Biden has hurt oil and gas production and therefore pricing. The oil and gas industry doesn't trust Biden as he is seen as unfriendly to those industries. He has levied harsh restrictions and threatens to do more. The oil leases that are currently not used are because of Bidens threats of harsh restrictions on them as we have already seen. Yeah the XL pipeline would take time to complete but he never should have ended it's construction. This current problem is always going to be something we have to ensure we have control of. He hurt oil/gas in favor of wind/solar but he didn't have the means and still doesn't, to replace the lost fossil fuels. He doesn't think things through on the long term. He's a fool.
Why don't some of you people do a little research on the Keystone XL pipeline?
FACT is very little of the Tar sand oil that the XL was going to transport would be used for any thing we use in this country. something like 1 to 3% and that would be for stuff like WD 40 and lubricants most of it was going to be shipped to the Gulf to be shipped over seas
the Keystone XL pipeline wouldn't have done anything to increase our gas supply.
I don't know of any " Restrictions " Biden has put on oil companies would you send us a link
He suspended granting leases of Federal lands for 6 months the courts OVER RULED him and he has now leased MORE acres of federal lands then any President in the last 50 years or more.
80 million acres in the Gulf alone
he did NOT put any restrictions on any of the land already leased to the oil companies they could do all the fracking and drilling they wanted on that land.
and there have been several oil and gas pipelines put back on line and Keystone line 5 is now being rebuilt
and it seems nobody on the right are saying a word about that
and do the people on the right actually believe we were ever energy independent?
YES we were a NET ENERGY EXPORTER OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS but NOT energy independent
people don't seem to understand we still had to import 5 to 8 million barrels of Crude oil a day when we were a NET EXPORTER of energy
the petroleum products we were exporting were what the Government considers petroleum products made from not only crude oil but COAL , natural gas and other things.
so if we HAVE to import 5 to 8 million barrels of crude oil a day to cover the difference in crude oil we produce and what we use we are NOT energy INDEPENDENT
in Feb. 2020 we were producing almost 13 Million barrels a day and because of the Saudi and Russian price war the US producers went down to 9.7 million barrels a day , well the price war has been over for over a year and our oil producers are only producing 11.5 million barrels a day down over a million barrels a day and they are not in any rush to put those wells back on line as long as they are making money hand over fist
it is time our people and government start putting some pressure on them to put those wells back on line
Have a nice night

Marco Rubio said the people of Ukraine remind us of fragility of freedom but will be skipping the State of the Union address cuz he “didn’t have time” to take a Covid test.

Could anything else be MORE American?
YEP can't take 5 min to stop at a drug store and get a test?
wow he must be really really busy
Have a nice night

He is doing alright, though I think he sounds tired.

Biden is going to attempt to deliver the "State of the Union" speech tonight. But, he will attempt to cover up the debacles he has thrusted onto the United States of America. High inflation as bad as during the Carter presidency; Oil dependence on Russia and Iran backed OPEC; High gasoline prices and loss of energy independence; high murder and violent crime in all major Democrat run cities; Siding with CRT, mask mandates attacking parents backing teacher unions and many other bad things happening in the U.S. and around the world. Name one thing Biden can talk about that he's done well at?
Infrastructure Bill

Repaired our relationships with Allies

Stimulas Package

Got a majority of folks vaccinated

I am sure there is more, but i got to go to work.

A friend just asked me if I was going to listen the Biden speech tonight. I said no, not any more than when I am walking down the sidewalk do I bend over and inspect the contents of dog vomit.

Nothing Biden has to say is worth listening to. Worst President since Jimmy Carter. Maybe even the worst since Jefferson Davis.
Yup Carter was not a good President, a good guy who has done some admirable work since leaving office. But a failed Presidency is his legacy.

I am sure Jimmy appreciates the company in the one term loosers club, it was getting lonely until 2021.

You can't project unity when the former president and elected members of his party continue to send love letters to Putin.

Citation, please.

My favorite part of the speech was the part he left out. He got big applause when he said he’d re-fund the police, but notice he did not mention the cashless bail he’s repeatedly favored, which is designed to place every cop’s life in jeopardy.

I also like Ted Cruz’s criticism as to how Biden’s no strings policy on Nordstream encouraged the attack on Ukraine.

Hmm, let’s see. Biden's busted through or matched almost every record on job creation, economic growth, poverty reduction, health insurance coverage we've got, all as he's ended some of the U.S.’s forever wars and pulled off one of the great logistical challenges of our time in getting 550 million vaccine doses into American arms while simultaneously working on vaccinating the rest of the world.

Oh, and he’s restored America’s position as the leader of the free world, uniting the Western world around the devastating economic response to Russian aggression that he promised Putin.

Plenty to talk about.
A strange alternative universe you live in....... While the rest of us are living the Senile Dumbass's dumpster fire of a presidency where the operative word is Disaster

Your world sounds waaay better!!!!...............too bad its imaginary.

djt is not irrelevant when he still controls a majority of one party imo.
Controlling the Party doesn't necessarily translate into winning elections. Both Parties still need to win over the Independent voters, while hanging onto their base supporters. Trump may still control the Party, but he doesn't have the full support of the republican voters.

Controlling the Party doesn't necessarily translate into winning elections. Both Parties still need to win over the Independent voters, while hanging onto their base supporters. Trump may still control the Party, but he doesn't have the full support of the republican voters.
Really? (not sure where YouTube got their headline, djt got 55%)

1646242827217.png

Marco Rubio said the people of Ukraine remind us of fragility of freedom but will be skipping the State of the Union address cuz he “didn’t have time” to take a Covid test.

Could anything else be MORE American?
Such a pity he won't be able to attend. He'll miss the melodramatic moment of tearing up his speech. Oh wait! Pelosi won't do that this time, so Rubio won't be missing anything that significant.

Of the nation or your household?
Look, if you wish to put your confidence in polls good for you. Need I remind you that the pollsters didn't have Trump winning in 2016?

People (including myself) here have expressed their reluctance to support Trump. Granted it's a small sampling size, but I'd rather go by what I'm seeing said by them here than some poll which changes more often than I change my underwear.

I merely stated the reality that Trump (or any candidate) is going to need more than just the support of their respective Parties to win an election. If that claim is wrong, deal with it and quit wasting my time with this other nonsense.

Look, if you wish to put your confidence in polls good for you. Need I remind you that the pollsters didn't have Trump winning in 2016?

People (including myself) here have expressed their reluctance to support Trump. Granted it's a small sampling size, but I'd rather go by what I'm seeing said by them here than some poll which changes more often than I change my underwear.

I merely stated the reality that Trump (or any candidate) is going to need more than just the support of their respective Parties to win an election. If that claim is wrong, deal with it and quit wasting my time with this other nonsense.
You wasted your time not me. It's like tennis, if you don't want to play just let the ball go by.

He is doing alright, though I think he sounds tired.
He does.

I'm not a fan of this President or the job he's doing. But being the President is a brutal job. I know I wouldn't want it.

Obama and Dubya come to mind....they both looked like they aged over 30 years by the time they left office.

He does.

I'm not a fan of this President or the job he's doing. But being the President is a brutal job. I know I wouldn't want it.

Obama and Dubya come to mind....they both looked like they aged over 30 years by the time they left office.
That's why it is not a job for men Biden and Trump's age. Dubya is one of the most physically fit presidents we have ever had and it still aged him considerably.

That's why it is not a job for men Biden and Trump's age. Dubya is one of the most physically fit presidents we have ever had and it still aged him considerably.

Meanwhile, it just feeds Trump's narcissistic personality.

Biden is going to attempt to deliver the "State of the Union" speech tonight. But, he will attempt to cover up the debacles he has thrusted onto the United States of America. High inflation as bad as during the Carter presidency; Oil dependence on Russia and Iran backed OPEC; High gasoline prices and loss of energy independence; high murder and violent crime in all major Democrat run cities; Siding with CRT, mask mandates attacking parents backing teacher unions and many other bad things happening in the U.S. and around the world. Name one thing Biden can talk about that he's done well at?

It must be embarrassing for all your stupid lies to keep blowing up in your face like this.

Trump is the only president that the job didn't noticeably age. It's because he is the only guy to not take the job seriously. He spent more time golfing than any president ever. His day consisted of him laying around until sometime between 10am and noon. He would then work until around 4:00 PM or so most days, and then spend his evenings watching Fox News and tweeting. He just mailed in the actual job of being president the whole time he was in there. Hell, he would not even read a briefing - made his aids brief him orally. Literally the laziest president ever: https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-...ime-34e67fbb-3af6-48df-aefb-52e02c334255.html

That said, Trump is in terrible physical condition, so he could never handle the true rigors of the job and frankly, I think while Biden is in much better physical shape than Trump, I don't think he is in any condition for the job either.

You think that's a jab, but any successful President has to have a huge ego, a belief in himself. in order to make consequential decisions, even if history judges them to be wrong. Now, Biden may have a sort of egotism, but it's born not of his own convictions, but of his slavish devotion to playing the political game, coming down as "tough on crime" in the nineties and then, twenty years later, courting a worthless waste like Kamala in order to pander to Black voters and white Mad Libs.

Back
Top Bottom