• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

State mandates flu vaccinations for Massachusetts students

AlphaOmega

DP Veteran
Reaction score
BOSTON (AP) — Flu vaccinations will be required for all students 6 months or older who attend child care, pre-school, school and college in Massachusetts to reduce the possibility of a double whammy of respiratory illnesses during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, state health officials announced Wednesday.

State mandates flu vaccinations for Massachusetts students - HoustonChronicle.com

Massachusetts Governor mandates vaccines for all students.
Apparently our government is now applying the Covid crisis to other illnesses.

Comments?

BOSTON (AP) — Flu vaccinations will be required for all students 6 months or older who attend child care, pre-school, school and college in Massachusetts to reduce the possibility of a double whammy of respiratory illnesses during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, state health officials announced Wednesday.

State mandates flu vaccinations for Massachusetts students - HoustonChronicle.com

Comments?
With all our Covid related mitigation, I can't imagine there being much flu going around.

It is true that the drug industry OWNS the Democratic Party. Of course Democrats will ORDER Americans to give money to drug companies - like it or not.

With all our Covid related mitigation, I can't imagine there being much flu going around.

Well its not so much about the flu as it is getting people used to the idea of the government removing more of your rights.

Whats next, mandating people to run on a treadmill daily?

Well its not so much about the flu as it is getting people used to the idea of the government removing more of your rights.

scru'm ... home/alternative schooling has proven superior.

I feel so sorry for the small businesses that have gone bankrupt, or are barely keeping their heads above water.
The anti-Trumpers don't seem to have the same empathy for them as I do. IMO, they cripple them, they believe they cripple Trump....who cares about the consequences?

Hopefully, their kind of thinking comes back to bite them in their self-serving behinds on election day.

I feel so sorry for the small businesses that have gone bankrupt, or are barely keeping their heads above water.
The anti-Trumpers don't seem to have the same empathy for them as I do. IMO, they cripple them, they believe they cripple Trump....who cares about the consequences?

Hopefully, their kind of thinking comes back to bite them in their self-serving behinds on election day.

I am 100% confident that America had had enough of leftism. Even lefties know it as demonatrated by their desperate attempt to steal the election via mail in. Just look at how they buzz around the mail in voter fraud posts like I just kicked their hive over the fence. They know they can't win in a fair lawful election. If anyone here thinks America is going to vote for the people who support the violence below they are absolutely nuts.

Last edited:
Don't have quite the whole store, that article is behind a pay wall. Is it public school K-12?

Comments?

Good.

They said that on NPR today, in the southern hemisphere, all the stuff people are doing is really tamping down on the flu.

Sure because those closures are only happening in red states and no democratic governors shut down businesses completely

Comments?

good stuff, long overdo

Sure because those closures are only happening in red states and no democratic governors shut down businesses completely

I should have qualified by saying...
I live in a blue state and can only speak for what is happening in the state of CA. under Democrat Newsom's regime.

No its addictive and kills a great many people. I thought we wanted to save lives? No?

Not yours, though. If you're not contagious, I don't care what you do to yourself.

They said that on NPR today, in the southern hemisphere, all the stuff people are doing is really tamping down on the flu.
Can you relate to this, anecdotally? Me, my wife, my kids, have had zero sickness this year, save for some bug in very early FEB. That's no flu, no colds, no coughs, no sore throats, NOTHING. That, has never happened before. We never were quarantined before. I do not believe it is a coincidence.

Can you relate to this, anecdotally? Me, my wife, my kids, have had zero sickness this year, save for some bug in very early FEB. That's no flu, no colds, no coughs, no sore throats, NOTHING. That, has never happened before. We never were quarantined before. I do not believe it is a coincidence.

We can attest to that. We had a bug in Feb, nothing since...knock on some wood if you wish.

I should have qualified by saying...
I live in a blue state and can only speak for what is happening in the state of CA. under Democrat Newsom's regime.

My post mortem on the situation this far is the democratic governors were too aggressive with the shutdowns and red states governors were to slack. If they had both done the shutdowns more targeted to where the big outbreaks were it would have been less partisan and acrimonious. My governor shut down the whole state when the virus was concentrated in three areas when there was zero logical reason to shut down anything but those area. And just as capriciously, he reopened the whole with a mask mandate because those 3 areas were trending down and then the cases started spreading everywhere. He should have left the bulk of the state open and only kept those areas shutdown longer. When I say masks don't work, conditions on the ground show that it was only when we went from social distancing to "just wear a mask" that poop hit the fan.

i had to get a number of vaccinations and a TB test before they'd let me into grad school. i did it.

I had a nasty upper respiratory thing in January and Feb, and then Covid in June.

But no flu...

Back
Top Bottom