• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

State mandates flu vaccinations for Massachusetts students

With all our Covid related mitigation, I can't imagine there being much flu going around.

We're not. I've seen statements that we're seeing as little as 20% of a 'normal' flu season. The measures that we are struggling with for Covid-19 are knocking our flu issue out of the park.

I think Flu shots are a good idea in general, but they shouldn't be mandatory. It's also one more thing we're asking people to do, one more thing for schools to keep track of, - and one more potential exposure - that's not necessary.

ANYONE but Trump. Anyone.

Trump is not a republican nor a conservative. Wake the **** up.
It is not about Trump being a conservative. It is about power, at any cost.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

ANYONE but Trump. Anyone.

Trump is not a republican nor a conservative. Wake the **** up.

LOL, that's what I thought Lefty. Do you actually think you're fooling anyone?

President Trump has governed more conservatively than any Republican president since Ronald Reagan. Again, do you really think you're fooling anyone?

LOL, that's what I thought Lefty. Do you actually think you're fooling anyone?

President Trump has governed more conservatively than any Republican president since Ronald Reagan. Again, do you really think you're fooling anyone?

hook line and sinker...

God Bless you

BOSTON (AP) — Flu vaccinations will be required for all students 6 months or older who attend child care, pre-school, school and college in Massachusetts to reduce the possibility of a double whammy of respiratory illnesses during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, state health officials announced Wednesday.

State mandates flu vaccinations for Massachusetts students - HoustonChronicle.com

Massachusetts Governor mandates vaccines for all students.
Apparently our government is now applying the Covid crisis to other illnesses.

Comments?

I think Mass is trying to compensate. We all 'wore the mask' and continue to 'wear the mask', yet we have the 3rd highest death toll in the country. Residents of 47 states are safer from Covid than the hapless Mass resident.

I would like to ban exposing children to smoke.

wait...I thought lefties said that the flu shot being mandated was to save on our healthcare costs. What happened? You suddenly don't seem to agree with that.

I think Mass is trying to compensate. We all 'wore the mask' and continue to 'wear the mask', yet we have the 3rd highest death toll in the country. Residents of 47 states are safer from Covid than the hapless Mass resident.

It didn't help that our governor sent infected people back into nursing homes where our most vulnerable citizens were.

With all our Covid related mitigation, I can't imagine there being much flu going around.

Depends, if people actually SD and wear masks it helps BUT the flu is not transmitted the same way so handwashing is highly important. I agree with the requirement and am positive the same will apply in most ISD's across the country when it comes to the covid vaccine, no vaccine, no schooling.

We can attest to that. We had a bug in Feb, nothing since...knock on some wood if you wish.
/lightly & jokingly taps on the side of Lovebug's head, like back in the 3rd grade! :2razz:

and when your family ventures out into the world with weakened immune systems from living in a bubble do you think they will be better off when they do get a germ or worse off? It's like going to mexico and saying you will only drink bottled water. Eventually you are gonna drink the water. You body better have some yakult style weaponry at the ready otherwise a little cold could land you in the hospital.
I've never used hand sanitizer. I dont believe in killing the good bacteria that evolution has placed on me to fight bad germs. I am an avid hand washer though. I havent been sick in years. Not even a sniffle. Good ole soap and water is all I have needed to remain illness free.
I think you're sincere here. But I don't have any worries about the flu or colds. I do worry about Covid.

As to 'venture out in the world', I think you're making false assumptions. We are integrated, including working. But we interact outside the house in safe and responsible ways, on our own terms. Life goes on. But safely.

I had a nasty upper respiratory thing in January and Feb, and then Covid in June.

But no flu...
I would say that's enough, wouldn't you? :2razz:

Anyway, happy to hear you kicked it to the curb. :cheers:

We're not. I've seen statements that we're seeing as little as 20% of a 'normal' flu season. The measures that we are struggling with for Covid-19 are knocking our flu issue out of the park.

I think Flu shots are a good idea in general, but they shouldn't be mandatory. It's also one more thing we're asking people to do, one more thing for schools to keep track of, - and one more potential exposure - that's not necessary.
Hm, interesting to see my anecdotal data is in concert with the greater data at large.

Looks like we found a silver lining ...

and when your family ventures out into the world with weakened immune systems from living in a bubble do you think they will be better off when they do get a germ or worse off? It's like going to mexico and saying you will only drink bottled water. Eventually you are gonna drink the water. You body better have some yakult style weaponry at the ready otherwise a little cold could land you in the hospital.
I've never used hand sanitizer. I dont believe in killing the good bacteria that evolution has placed on me to fight bad germs. I am an avid hand washer though. I havent been sick in years. Not even a sniffle. Good ole soap and water is all I have needed to remain illness free.

I was not sick a day from when I was 12 to when I was 65. That's common.

All you are really saying is that you are old fashioned and don't want to change.

wait...I thought lefties said that the flu shot being mandated was to save on our healthcare costs. What happened? You suddenly don't seem to agree with that.

AO, this is the longest conversation we've ever had, and the most benefit of the doubt I've shown you, regarding your ability to have a civil conversation. Don't ruin it with lame ass debate tactics. What in the name of all that is strawman does saying I would like to ban exposing children to smoke have to do with reducing healthcare costs through vaccination? And don't generalize, it's the quickest way to be wrong. I'm a left leaning, Christian progressive that enjoys his guns. Don't count on any of your assumptions or generalizations applying to me.

Flu shots will reduce healthcare costs. They will also save lives. They will also prevent the spread of the flu. They will also keep the workforce healthier. What else would you like to know about my opinion?

AO, this is the longest conversation we've ever had, and the most benefit of the doubt I've shown you, regarding your ability to have a civil conversation. Don't ruin it with lame ass debate tactics. What in the name of all that is strawman does saying I would like to ban exposing children to smoke have to do with reducing healthcare costs through vaccination? And don't generalize, it's the quickest way to be wrong. I'm a left leaning, Christian progressive that enjoys his guns. Don't count on any of your assumptions or generalizations applying to me.

Flu shots will reduce healthcare costs. They will also save lives. They will also prevent the spread of the flu. They will also keep the workforce healthier. What else would you like to know about my opinion?

You should read the entire thread. The saving healthcare costs was the lefts argument for mandating people get shots not mine. Do you disagree?

I was not sick a day from when I was 12 to when I was 65. That's common.

All you are really saying is that you are old fashioned and don't want to change.

Why would I need to change when my system had been extremely effective? Its not a coincidence that the people you see using hand sanitizer like water are always the ones that are sick. This is common sense people....common sense. Hand sanitizer is just what it says, a sanitizer. It kills germs including the good ones that your body has evolved with to fight bad germs. What do you think happens after you sanitize your hands and then touch a public doorknob? The germs from the doorknob now have a nice campsite right on your skin. But hey...you sick people keep going with your system....it makes me look better at work when I dont have any sick days. :)

You should read the entire thread. The saving healthcare costs was the lefts argument for mandating people get shots not mine. Do you disagree?

While it goes contrary to your narrative, not all leftists think alike, and I would be no more comfortable speaking for someone else than I would have them speaking for me. Again, generalization is the fastest way to be wrong.

I would not put healthcare cost as the primary reason to mandate, protecting health would be my primary reason. It's possible that cost is worked into the argument to appeal to conservatives, as that's all you guys seem to care about. But, for me, the primary reason to mandate vaccinations, and masks, and any other societal effort to reduce the impact of illness on society, would be for the obvious reason: to ensure health and reduce premature death, for all people, and to protect all people from the kind of wrong-minded selfishness we see in some that would directly put that effort at risk.

Why would I need to change when my system had been extremely effective? Its not a coincidence that the people you see using hand sanitizer like water are always the ones that are sick. This is common sense people....common sense. Hand sanitizer is just what it says, a sanitizer. It kills germs including the good ones that your body has evolved with to fight bad germs. What do you think happens after you sanitize your hands and then touch a public doorknob? The germs from the doorknob now have a nice campsite right on your skin. But hey...you sick people keep going with your system....it makes me look better at work when I dont have any sick days. :)

Oh, now we are just making stuff up I see.

No helping folks like you so I won't bother. God Bless you.

Back
Top Bottom