• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

State Dept. inspector general report sharply criticizes Clinton’s email practices

justabubba

long standing member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...6f8ebc-2275-11e6-aa84-42391ba52c91_story.html

this effectively confirms the lax practices that we have been reading about for months

what surprises me is her refusal to participate in the IG investigation ... asserting that the IG previously was a staff member of a republican congressman
senior members of her staff also refused to cooperate

that seems a contradiction to her public presentations that she will fully cooperate in these investigations

This is still fairly meaningless until someone files charges on Hillary. Until then, it is bad press for Hillary to contend with.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...6f8ebc-2275-11e6-aa84-42391ba52c91_story.html

this effectively confirms the lax practices that we have been reading about for months

what surprises me is her refusal to participate in the IG investigation ... asserting that the IG previously was a staff member of a republican congressman

that seems a contradiction to her public presentations that she will fully cooperate in these investigations

cage.jpg

She's cooperating in an uncooperative manner is all. She agreed to cooperate, but didn't define how she would cooperate. In the end, I think it's pretty clear that she simply can't recall how to cooperate cooperatively.

As stated above, in terms of political consequence - nothing short of criminal charges matter.

She will couch any action by any Republican anywhere as "politicking", and she will get away with it with her supporters. This is the consequence of political parties and the two-party system (which I abhor).

Are you actually surprised? Really?

The IG must have his "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy" card, so she dismisses him.

“In November 2010, Secretary Clinton and her Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations discussed the fact that Secretary Clinton’s emails to Department employees were not being received,” the report said. “The Deputy Chief of Staff emailed the Secretary that “we should talk about putting you on state email or releasing your email address to the department so you are not going to spam.” In response, the Secretary wrote, “Let’s get separate address or device but I don’t want any risk of the personal being accessible.”

CjT2VmCXAAE-2S2.jpg:large

CjT1tkwWUAAAslY.jpg:large

Yup. Everything on the up and up here. Move along.

As stated above, in terms of political consequence - nothing short of criminal charges matter.

She will couch any action by any Republican anywhere as "politicking", and she will get away with it with her supporters. This is the consequence of political parties and the two-party system (which I abhor).

There are many who feel that the slow drip of leaks about the findings are coming from Obama.

The Obamas and Clintons despise each other.

There are many who feel that the slow drip of leaks about the findings are coming from Obama.
I've even postulated as much, but such postulating makes much sense if Joe Biden were running.

The Obamas and Clintons despise each other.
Not to be facetious, but I have no knowledge of the above. I do remember it getting pretty contentious as the '08 primary wore down, though ...

Everyone should regard it as "politicking" because the chairman of the investigating committee has publicly stated that's what it is and no prior Secretary has faced an inquisition for their use of private accounts and destroying e-mails.

Everyone should regard it as "politicking" because the chairman of the investigating committee has publicly stated that's what it is and no prior Secretary has faced an inquisition for their use of private accounts and destroying e-mails.

they compared and contrasted the email activities of hillary with condi, powell, and kerry
seems to have been an even approach, politically

No previous Secretary had a private server set up outside the state department. Nor did their usage come anywhere near the volume of Hillary, which worked virtually 100 percent on this outside server.

No previous Secretary had a private server set up outside the state department. Nor did their usage come anywhere near the volume of Hillary, which worked virtually 100 percent on this outside server.

The previous Secretaries used private e-mail accounts which means they were using servers outside of the State Department. The Bush Administration even used servers owned and operated by the RNC.

The previous Secretaries used private e-mail accounts which means they were using servers outside of the State Department. The Bush Administration even used servers owned and operated by the RNC.

Received but never sent, and never set up a server off site to handle ALL communications. Very different, especially if Hillary was running foreign money through the Clinton Foundation on those servers out of sight.

Received but never sent, and never set up a server off site to handle ALL communications. Very different, especially if Hillary was running foreign money through the Clinton Foundation on those servers out of sight.

The first statement is incorrect. The second is an accusation without facts to substantiate it so why bring it up?

The hidden threat in this is that the law on which criminal charges might be based includes a significant reference to "negligence" as criminally culpable. It looks like State's IG has called her negligent.

Clinton isn't cooperating with the investigation because she doeesnt want to go to prison. She's guilty as hell.

The hidden threat in this is that the law on which criminal charges might be based includes a significant reference to "negligence" as criminally culpable. It looks like State's IG has called her negligent.
Criminal negligence is a relatively high bar in relation to civil negligence, but yes anything's possible - though I don't see it happening.

Criminal negligence is a relatively high bar in relation to civil negligence, but yes anything's possible - though I don't see it happening.

I think the cooperating witness Guccifer will play a role there.

It is the FBI that is doing the work on this - not someone in the administration! Are you saying that the FBI is political? :shock:

Not to conduct USG business. That's the key point you're ignoring. Every government worker is directed to use govt systems for govt business.

It is the FBI that is doing the work on this - not someone in the administration! Are you saying that the FBI is political? :shock:

The FBI is not some monolithic impersonal entity. It is a collection of human beings, every one of them with personal biases including ideological and political. Whether or not everyone at the FBI can set those biases aside completely in the course of an investigation is an open question. I know that everything leading up to this inquiry has been entirely politically motivated so it would not surprise me.

Not to conduct USG business. That's the key point you're ignoring. Every government worker is directed to use govt systems for govt business.

Yes, to conduct official business. What key government employees are directed to do and what they actually do have always been different things as it relates to this subject.

Back
Top Bottom