• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

State Department: Taliban is not a terrorist organization

Pick the best option:

• The Taliban IS a terrorist organization

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • The Taliban is NOT a terrorist organization

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
Actually, I can understand why the Taliban wasn't characterized as a terrorist organization. No report that I'm aware of ever indicated that the Taliban planned attacks against the U.S. prior to 9/11. They only acted as the governing body within Afghanastan and committed inhumane acts against their own people.

What they've done against U.S. and coalition forces since the War on Terror began is another story. But still, I'd classify them as a hostile governing body rather than a terrorist group only because their "reach" has never gone beyond Afghanistan and Pakistan, whereas Al Quaida has long had global.

Acts that the West considered to be inhumane.
Taliban judge their own people by their standards,not ours.

Well it aint. At worst it is a rebel group in Afghanistan. The Taliban have to my knowledge never attacked anyone outside Afghanistan.

Why thats just horse****, son. If the Taliban decides to wade into a town and execute people (you know...against their will) because those people are behaving in a way the Taliban doesnt like...you SERIOUSLY want to pretend thats not "terrorism"???

Nothing does my heart better or makes me swell with pride more than seeing people defend the actions of the Taliban, all because The One took them off the terrorist list and BY GOD THOU SHALT DEFEND THE ONE!!!!

I love ideologues...

Back
Top Bottom