• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

State Department reported Burisma paid bribe while Hunter Biden served on board, memos show

The bolded has zero evidence to support it.

As to why he was hired, I feel pretty certain it was because his last name is Biden. But there is no evidence that because he is a Biden that he could get his father to do anything for him.

Ummm. It's pretty well supported that the company was trying to derail the investigation. Even this thread is about the company paying bribes to do so.

However, I'm sure it's just a coincidence they hired Hunter Biden.

:mrgreen:

9d71e8d5c011d183291cb0bf4dfc9c8827b5040c.jpg

f34d85becd9160e3f45727cf9c14cb970ea63cbf.jpg

:elephantf

EG8HuVzX0AAqdVs.jpg

Just more proof the left can't meme.

Chapo fan? :)

Nah. I just can’t give the Hunter Biden stuff any oxygen. We were never that country, but after watching the Trump Crime Family get carried around like conquering heroes for ripping us all off, I just can’t even pretend to care. Of course Hunter made money off dad’s name. Who gives a shit. GOP don’t.

Ummm. It's pretty well supported that the company was trying to derail the investigation. Even this thread is about the company paying bribes to do so.

The CEO was under investigation....not the company.

The CEO paid bribes...not the company.

Wait, do you actually think a board of directors gets involved in who to bribe? Surely you are not that gullible.
These guys are Trump cult members, yes, they are that gullible......

lol - some vague notion of 'expertise' on international law. Which they paid $50K for an hour a month? Really? You don't think they would get that through a law firm they paid a consulting fee?

I'm sure some do hire board members for their names - really their reputation and connections. Biden didn't have a reputation - Certainly not in Ukraine. And I know you aren't seriously comparing him to Shaq having a marketing arrangement for a US company.

Have you ever noticed that like all the accusations you Trumpists make, you cannot actually point to a specific thing and explain why it is unlawful? That all you can ever do is mention a few unconstestable facts, like that Bursima put Hunter on its board, and then you retreat behind vague insinuations of nefariousness? That all these people you have insisted over the years committed obvious crimes never seem to get indicted by grand juries made up of your peers?

Have you ever noticed that like all the accusations you Trumpists make, you cannot actually point to a specific thing and explain why it is unlawful? That all you can ever do is mention a few unconstestable facts, like that Bursima put Hunter on its board, and then you retreat behind vague insinuations of nefariousness? That all these people you have insisted over the years committed obvious crimes never seem to get indicted by grand juries made up of your peers?

It appears you are fighting a strawman again, and trying very hard to defend Biden. Who are "you Trumpists"?

It appears you are fighting a strawman again, and trying very hard to defend Biden. Who are "you Trumpists"?

How is pointing out that you cannot actually point to a specific thing and explain why it is unlawful a "strawman"?

How is pointing out that all you can ever do is mention a few unconstestable facts, like that Bursima put Hunter on its board, and then you retreat behind vague insinuations of nefariousness a "strawman"?

How is pointing out that all these people you have insisted over the years committed obvious crimes never seem to get indicted by grand juries made up of your peers a "strawman"?

Hunter Biden didn't do anything unlawful. Not only did Joe Biden not do anything unlawful, he acted with bipartisan and foreign support in removing a corrupt prosecutor who refused to go after criminals.

How is pointing out that you cannot actually point to a specific thing and explain why it is unlawful a "strawman"?

How is pointing out that all you can ever do is mention a few unconstestable facts, like that Bursima put Hunter on its board, and then you retreat behind vague insinuations of nefariousness a "strawman"?

How is pointing out that all these people you have insisted over the years committed obvious crimes never seem to get indicted by grand juries made up of your peers a "strawman"?

Hunter Biden didn't do anything unlawful. Not only did Joe Biden not do anything unlawful, he acted with bipartisan and foreign support in removing a corrupt prosecutor who refused to go after criminals.

Because you are fighting strawmen - especially when you lapse into "you people always...." rather than addressing a specific point someone made. When you lapse into statements like "you trumpists" or "whatabout ___", you lost the discussion.

Hunter Biden probably didn't do anything unlawful, but he knew why he was on that board. The issues come into play with his father's interaction with the Ukraine government with a clear conflict of interests, and the ethics of the actions of both. We actually don't know if either committed illegal action, or just skirted the law with the arrangement, because it was never investigated and the players are in a foreign country. But it stinks, badly, and that should be an issue with someone running for President.

Anyone who has a smidgen of understanding of Joe's role understands that his pressuring to remove the Ukraine prosecutor ( Shokin, who WAS NOT going after Burisma, was delaying investigations) made Burisma MORE likely to actually be investigated...the EU, IMF and the Obama admin wanted Shokin out because he was corrupt, NOT doing his job.

his father's interaction with the Ukraine government with a clear conflict of interests,
What "conflict of interest" did Joe have? He sure as hell was NOT running defense for Burisma. Getting rid of a prosecutor that was NOT investigating Burisma...is NOT helping Burisma, in fact it was the OPPOSITE, it put Burisma at greater risk of being prosecuted in the British courts.

Retired flag officers often sit on boards more for their organizational skills. That's a separate issue. In fact, Hunter Biden was not a flag officer. He was briefly a reserve officer (under a waiver for his drug issues), and was released for testing positive for cocaine. Not generally the experience corporations are looking for.

And here, Biden didn't sit on the board to lend his organizational skills. It was for some nebulous 'expertise' he didn't have.

Oh, please, they're not hired for their "organizational skills." They're hired because guys at that tier are skilled politicians, with loads of personal connections to people in the military responsible for procurement decisions, defense contractors, Congress, and more. Members of a BOD don't "organize" anything except annual retreats and monthly meetings, and flunkies do the grunt work for those events. Directors set big picture policy for the company, provide oversight, and provide legitimacy through their reputations.

Obviously Hunter Biden was chosen because of his connections through Joe Biden. If that's a problem, then half of D.C. would be out of a job, and we'd have never heard the names of Ivanka and Jared except as footnotes.

Because you are fighting strawmen - especially when you lapse into "you people always...." rather than addressing a specific point someone made. When you lapse into statements like "you trumpists" or "whatabout ___", you lost the discussion.

Hunter Biden probably didn't do anything unlawful, but he knew why he was on that board. The issues come into play with his father's interaction with the Ukraine government with a clear conflict of interests, and the ethics of the actions of both. We actually don't know if either committed illegal action, or just skirted the law with the arrangement, because it was never investigated and the players are in a foreign country. But it stinks, badly, and that should be an issue with someone running for President.

Nah. Not really. Country seems good with shitty fail children.

:mrgreen:

9d71e8d5c011d183291cb0bf4dfc9c8827b5040c.jpg

f34d85becd9160e3f45727cf9c14cb970ea63cbf.jpg

:elephantf

EG8HuVzX0AAqdVs.jpg

Pssssst. VP Pence headed the pandemic team.

Kushner headed the Middle East pursuit of peace... and succeeded where everyone else failed... ROTFLOL... So much for the experts claiming he was unqualified and that Trump’s moving the embassy to Jerusalem would spell chaos. Leftists... miserably wrong again.

The Biden Crime Syndicate is being rolled out... just in time to be memorable on Election Day and to keep corrupt, senile Joe on defense.

Brilliant strategy.

That's right! Just because he didn't have any experience in the field, or the country, and no real experience that was of value, doesn't mean he was hired because of his family connections! Companies hire people for $50K a month and appoint them to the board of directors to chat on a monthly call all the time!
He had no experience advising foreign investors in American law?

Thats most of his professional experience, American laws and investments.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

The Trump family makes at least 50K a weekend every time Trump travels to one of his golf clubs. Why aren't you complaining about the fleecing of Americas tax payers?
And what experience does Jared Kushner bring to running a pandemic team?

I don't believe I said that. He is, however, connected to the company and their efforts to throw off investigations, and as a member of the board of directors, he was responsible for the actions of that company.

Do you believe Burisma really hired Biden for his expertise in international oil and gas law?
No he wasnt. In fact, this has been investigated several times and Hunter cleared several times already.

As badly as Trump getting millions from American taxpayers to play golf? As badly as Ivanka coming back from talks with China having multiple trademarks for her brand (there is no point in having them if they arent for some potential profit, even if in the future).

Or Jared Kushners loan

These were both done with both participants actually being involved with government business at the time.

He had no experience advising foreign investors in American law?

Thats most of his professional experience, American laws and investments.

No, very little. Certainly not in the Ukraine, and no experience in oil and gas. I suppose they might have wanted to invest in a Chinese hedge fund.

He certainly had no special expertise that justified the position, and didn't share his knowledge with the board. One conference call a month.

No he wasnt. In fact, this has been investigated several times and Hunter cleared several times already.

? Board members aren't responsible for the actions of their company?

As badly as Trump getting millions from American taxpayers to play golf? As badly as Ivanka coming back from talks with China having multiple trademarks for her brand (there is no point in having them if they arent for some potential profit, even if in the future).

Or Jared Kushners loan

These were both done with both participants actually being involved with government business at the time.

" Because you are fighting strawmen - especially when you lapse into "you people always...." rather than addressing a specific point someone made. When you lapse into statements like "you trumpists" or "whatabout ___", you lost the discussion. "

Thank you for highlighting my point.

No, very little. Certainly not in the Ukraine, and no experience in oil and gas. I suppose they might have wanted to invest in a Chinese hedge fund.

He certainly had no special expertise that justified the position, and didn't share his knowledge with the board. One conference call a month.
He had experience in American laws and investments.

Its also neither illegal nor corrupt to have a job others believe you are unqualified for.

Back
Top Bottom