• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

State Department reopens internal review of Clinton’s email use

eohrnberger

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Just when you thought it was over, it isn't.

The State Department said late Thursday that it will reopen an internal review into any mishandling of classified information in emails between former secretary of state Hillary Clinton and her top aides now that the Justice Department has decided she will not be prosecuted.

One possible outcome of such internal reviews is that employees, even if they no longer work there, could face a range of disciplinary actions, from having notes placed in their employment files to losing their security clearances. If their security clearances are lifted, that could preclude their working for other government agencies.

The review is a resumption of a review the State Department announced in January, as it was still engaged in sorting through batches of 30,000 emails that had gone through a private server for Clinton’s use, even though the emails were related to government business. It announced the review the same time it said 22 emails had been retroactively upgraded to Top Secret.

But the State Department paused its review in April, as the FBI conducted its own investigation.
. . . .
It is not clear how long the State Department review will take, and whether the results will be made public.

“I cannot provide specific information about the department’s review, including what information we are evaluating,” Kirby said. “We will aim to be as expeditious as possible, but we will not put artificial deadlines on the process. Our goal will be to be as transparent as possible about our results, while complying with our various legal obligations. I’m not able to make commitments today one way or the other about what we will be able to disclose.”

State Department reopens internal review of Clinton’s email use

Hillary's safe, so lets prosecute the little people?
Let's keep this one secret?

Just when you thought it was over, it isn't.

Hillary's safe, so lets prosecute the little people?

Its probable at this point that Congress now has enough to go through with a perjury case with Clinton now. So I don't think she is done just yet either.

Its probable at this point that Congress now has enough to go through with a perjury case with Clinton now. So I don't think she is done just yet either.

I thought that Hillary wasn't under oath when the FBI interviewed her, where would the perjury charge come from?
Her congressional testimony on the matter? (I recall she testified before congress on Benghazi, but not the email scandal).

I mean she lied to the public, the little people, that apparently doesn't count for much, if anything.

I thought that Hillary wasn't under oath when the FBI interviewed her, where would the perjury charge come from?
Her congressional testimony on the matter? (I recall she testified before congress on Benghazi, but not the email scandal).

I mean she lied to the public, the little people, that apparently doesn't count for much, if anything.

Apparently she has lied to congress during Benghazi in regards to not sending any classified information as well as turning everything over. Comey admitted today that they did not use that as evidence in their investigation, however their evidence now proves that she lied during the Benghazi questioning. The oversight committee made it pretty clear that they would pursue this now.

Back
Top Bottom