• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

State Department memo warned of post-war 'planning gaps'

Arch Enemy

Familiaist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
CNN said:
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Little more than a month before the start of the Iraq war, State Department officials said they warned U.S. military planners about possible "serious planning gaps" for the post-war period, according to newly declassified documents obtained by George Washington University.

Full Version Can Be Found HERE: http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/08/18/state.dept.iraq/index.html

Good Going Bush Admin. even when you're informed about these problems a MONTH before you still don't correct them. He threw the punchs too quickly without aiming them, now we're in a terrible position.

I thought there were no post-war plans? I thought Bush was so gung-ho to get to that there oil, that he didn't care about lives, or what we were going to do after we got that there oil? :roll:

Arch, you are a smart enough person to recognize the plans the U.S. military has for Iraq now that Iraqi troops continue to be trained, and Democracy is taking hold far more than those in your party ever predicted.

Tetracide said:
I thought there were no post-war plans? I thought Bush was so gung-ho to get to that there oil, that he didn't care about lives, or what we were going to do after we got that there oil?
Actually the charge is that the Admin didn't have any plans.
The CIA and the State Dept had plans. They were just ignored. As a matter of fact Garner wanted to use those plans butr was told that he couldn't. Garner wanted to at leats have one of the fellas involved in the planning, but that was denied him as well.

Tetracide said:
Arch, you are a smart enough person to recognize the plans the U.S. military has for Iraq now that Iraqi troops continue to be trained, and Democracy is taking hold far more than those in your party ever predicted.
The Admin planned on us being down to 40,000 troops in Iraq by Sept 2003. We see how well that went.

Obviously, my dear friend. You didn't take the time to read the article.. "Gaps" in a plan means that something isn't right.

I hope that Bush didn't have a plan, if he did then it failed! We're at the point where we have to give the Iraqis a timelimit for their constitution? That's utterly stupid! If France gave America a timelimit to have our final draft the constitution we would have been outraged. I garuantee you, we'll never leave Iraq. We will ALWAYS have soldiers in Iraq. Though I do believe we'll take some troops home in wake of the next war Bush wants to throw us into. Honestly, I'll be shocked if we don't have another war before Bush's term is up, if not only one then possibly two. George Dubya Bush should be considered the War President, good going for him to throw us into wars, even without a retreat plan!?

Back
Top Bottom