• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

State Department confirms Obama has dual citizenship

NaturalBorn

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
[SIZE=+1]To avoid installing a Commander-in-Chief of the U.S. Military Forces having any foreign alliances, the Framers of out Constitution added a requirement that the office ONLY be held by a natural born citizen, not a person of dual-citizenship.

State Department confirms Obama was a dual citizen of the U.K./U.S. from 1961 to 1963 and a dual citizen of Kenya/U.S. from 1963 to 1982. | Birther Report: Obama Release Your Records

[/SIZE]State Department confirms Obama was a dual citizen of the U.K./U.S. from 1961 to 1963 and a dual citizen of Kenya/U.S. from 1963 to 1982. | Birther Report: Obama Release Your Records

[SIZE=+1]To avoid installing a Commander-in-Chief of the U.S. Military Forces having any foreign alliances, the Framers of out Constitution added a requirement that the office ONLY be held by a natural born citizen, not a person of dual-citizenship.

State Department confirms Obama was a dual citizen of the U.K./U.S. from 1961 to 1963 and a dual citizen of Kenya/U.S. from 1963 to 1982. | Birther Report: Obama Release Your Records

[/SIZE]State Department confirms Obama was a dual citizen of the U.K./U.S. from 1961 to 1963 and a dual citizen of Kenya/U.S. from 1963 to 1982. | Birther Report: Obama Release Your Records

New-York, 25th July, 1787.

Dear Sir,

Permit me to hint whether it would not be wise and seasonable to provide a strong check to the admission of foreigners into the administration of our national government ; and to declare expressly that the command in chief of the American army shall not be given to, nor devolve on any but a natural born citizen.

I remain, dear sir,

Your faithful friend and servant,

John Jay.

Why can't one be both a dual citizen of the U.S. as well as a natural-born citizen of the U.S.?

Why can't one be both a dual citizen of the U.S. as well as a natural-born citizen of the U.S.?

Exactly what do you think "Natural Born Citizen" means?

Born on US soil = native born citizen.

Born of US citizen parents = native born citizen.

Born of 1 US citizen parent and 1 foreign parent = dual citizen.

Moved to US from other country and becomes citizen = naturalized citizen.

A Natural Born Citizen is a citizen that can nothing other than a citizen of the country.

Again….. Read my quote from John Jay to George Washington about foreign influence in the Commander and Chief of our military, it pointedly excludes any with foreign ancestry and calls them Natural Born Citizens.

Last edited:
Where does US law say that natural-born citizenship and dual-citizenship are incompatible?

I hate Obama as much as the next guy, but you can be a dual citizen and a natural born citizen at the same time. (born on US soil from one US parent and one foreign parent) also, from the info presented above, Obama hasn't been a dual citizen since 1982.

all this crap does is detract from the really important stuff...like what a ****ty job he is doing as POTUS.

Where does US law say that natural-born citizenship and dual-citizenship are incompatible?

The Constitution does not, in words, say who shall be natural-born citizens. Resort must be had elsewhere to ascertain that. At common-law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners.

Minor v. Happersett

There are 5 other Supreme court cases that mirror this definition of NBC and none that define it any other way.

Last edited:
I hate Obama as much as the next guy, but you can be a dual citizen and a natural born citizen at the same time. (born on US soil from one US parent and one foreign parent) also, from the info presented above, Obama hasn't been a dual citizen since 1982.

all this crap does is detract from the really important stuff...like what a ****ty job he is doing as POTUS.

Is there any other part of Natural Born Citizen you don't get?

Is there any other part of Natural Born Citizen you don't get?

if he was fraking BORN in the US he is a fraking natural BORN fraking citizen it doesn't matter if his fraking parents were nigerian wildebeasts.

And does it really fraking matter? does anyone seriously think that Obama is going to get removed from office over this bullspit? does anyone really want Joe fraking Biden as POTUS? what if smokin joe has a fraking stroke? do you really want Nancy Pelosi as fraking POTUS?

What the **** chuck?????

Exactly what do you think "Natural Born Citizen" means?

It means born in the United States. It actually doesn't even have anything to do with the citizenship of the parents, either. If he was born on US soil, he is a natural born citizen. The only exception to that rule is the case of a diplomat and their children who are exempt from the NBC rule.

Dual citizenship has zero to do with Natural citizenship.

It means born in the United States. It actually doesn't even have anything to do with the citizenship of the parents, either. If he was born on US soil, he is a natural born citizen. The only exception to that rule is the case of a diplomat and their children who are exempt from the NBC rule.

I wonder what the **** Crunch thinks "natural born citizen" means?

Anything except what it means. Except when what it means could be used to beat the PotUS over the head with it.

I don't like Obama either. Never voted for him, won't in the next election either. However, this whole thing is getting just ridiculous.

Anything except what it means. Except when what it means could be used to beat the PotUS over the head with it.

I don't like Obama either. Never voted for him, won't in the next election either. However, this whole thing is getting just ridiculous.

as I said...would you really want Joe Biden or, GOD FORBID, Nancy Pelosi as POTUS? be careful what you wish for.

This might also shed a bit of light on the subject.

Birth Abroad to One Citizen and One Alien Parent in Wedlock
A child born abroad to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under Section 301(g) INA provided the citizen parent was physically present in the U.S. for the time period required by the law applicable at the time of the child’s birth. (For birth on or after November 14, 1986, a period of five years physical presence, two after the age of fourteen is required. For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen are required for physical presence in the U.S. to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child.

Acquisition of a U.S. Citizenship By a child born abroad

So if Barry wasn't born in on US soil he wouldn't be a citizen at all as his mother was 18 when he was born.

if he was fraking BORN in the US he is a fraking natural BORN fraking citizen it doesn't matter if his fraking parents were nigerian wildebeasts.

And does it really fraking matter? does anyone seriously think that Obama is going to get removed from office over this bullspit? does anyone really want Joe fraking Biden as POTUS? what if smokin joe has a fraking stroke? do you really want Nancy Pelosi as fraking POTUS?

What the **** chuck?????

Does it ****ing matter what any one wants or is it law only if it is convenient?

If Barry got the boot because he isn't a Natural Born Citizen then Joe would not be VP and Nancy would be behind bars for election fraud..... right along with most of the Democratic leadership.

But let's not go there..... it would be inconvenient for you.

The Constitution does not, in words, say who shall be natural-born citizens. Resort must be had elsewhere to ascertain that. At common-law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners.

Jose, son of Pedro and Juanita, raised in Mexico but born in the US. would be OK with you as the holder of the nuclear weapons in this country?

Really? An Anchor baby would be just fine?

I defined that perfectly clearly a few posts above, and posted a definition from the Supreme Court that has never been defined any other way, but that doesn't fit your preconceptions so you blew right over it.

Sure is... why don't you find a definition by the Supreme Court that defines it different than the one I posted? After you do that find 5 more as I can post 6 SC cases that define it exactly the same..... 2 citizen parents and born on US soil.

Try some facts to back your arguments or you are only trolling.

Jose, son of Pedro and Juanita, raised in Mexico but born in the US. would be OK with you as the holder of the nuclear weapons in this country?

Really? An Anchor baby would be just fine?

My opinion on that matter has zero to do with the definition, per our constitution, of what a natural born citizen is.

And last I checked, Obama was not "Pedro". But let's not worry about the fact that your entire post was nothing more than a red herring.

My opinion on that matter has zero to do with the definition, per our constitution, of what a natural born citizen is.

And last I checked, Obama was not "Pedro". But let's not worry about the fact that your entire post was nothing more than a red herring.

There is the legal, Constitutional definition of NBC as defined by 6 Supreme Court cases....... address that.

Try it with facts.

No he is Barack Hussein that sounds middle east Muslim to me.

Sure is... why don't you find a definition by the Supreme Court that defines it different than the one I posted? After you do that find 5 more as I can post 6 SC cases that define it exactly the same..... 2 citizen parents and born on US soil.

Try some facts to back your arguments or you are only trolling.

Excuse me? First off, they don't have to have, under any circumstance, both parents as citizens. Only one needs to be a citizen. And the only the time the citizenship of the parent is a factor is if they are born outside the United States.

Here's some light reading on the topic if you think you can manage it.

US Constitution Article II, Clause 5 (with accompanying case law)

Refer to the text of the 14th Amendment where it talks about jurisdiction. It's right in the beginning

Your birther crap is ridiculous.

Nowhere in that and no judge in any case is going to side with your preposterous assertion that it takes two natural parents AND being born within the US to be a natural born citizen here.

There is the legal, Constitutional definition of NBC as defined by 6 Supreme Court cases....... address that.

Try it with facts.

There are zero supreme court cases that enforce the ridiculous requirements you are trying to peddle here. Oh, and links or GTFO.

Last edited:
Excuse me? First off, they don't have to have, under any circumstance, both parents as citizens. Only one needs to be a citizen. And the only the time the citizenship of the parent is a factor is if they are born outside the United States.

Here's some light reading on the topic if you think you can manage it.

US Constitution Article II, Clause 5 (with accompanying case law)

Refer to the text of the 14th Amendment where it talks about jurisdiction. It's right in the beginning

Your birther crap is ridiculous.

Nowhere in that and no judge in any case is going to side with your preposterous assertion that it takes two natural parents AND being born within the US to be a natural born citizen here.

Looks like they already did.

Your faither crap is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom