• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

State Department confirms Obama has dual citizenship

[SIZE=+1]To avoid installing a Commander-in-Chief of the U.S. Military Forces having any foreign alliances, the Framers of out Constitution added a requirement that the office ONLY be held by a natural born citizen, not a person of dual-citizenship.

State Department confirms Obama was a dual citizen of the U.K./U.S. from 1961 to 1963 and a dual citizen of Kenya/U.S. from 1963 to 1982. | Birther Report: Obama Release Your Records

[/SIZE]State Department confirms Obama was a dual citizen of the U.K./U.S. from 1961 to 1963 and a dual citizen of Kenya/U.S. from 1963 to 1982. | Birther Report: Obama Release Your Records

Oh no!

Oh wait . . .tha should be an "oh duuuurrrr" - because most of us who did our homework on this subject already knoew that.

There are zero supreme court cases that enforce the ridiculous requirements you are trying to peddle here. Oh, and links or GTFO.

I aready gave links to Minor vs Happersett, but here you go...

Minor v. Happersett

Now, facts from you, or GTFO

No, they did not. You need to learn how to read. Your birther crap is ridiculous.

What part of this confuses you?

The Constitution does not, in words, say who shall be natural-born citizens. Resort must be had elsewhere to ascertain that. At common-law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners.

That doesn't say anything you think it says. You need some serious help understanding what you are posting.

Just because you say so?

I stand corrected!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lamo

Facts man.... give some facts not just your uninformed opinion.

The part where you make the leap from that to a person having to have two citizen parents and be born in the US to be an NBC.

You do know what a plural is don't you?.... isn't that where you add an "S" to the end of the word?

The Constitution does not, in words, say who shall be natural-born citizens. Resort must be had elsewhere to ascertain that. At common-law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners.

Just because you say so?

No, because that case law is about suffrage rights for women between states.

You can sit here and scream FACTS all ****ing day but the fact is you have provided nothing that undermines the definition of Natural Born Citizen.

Your birther crap is just that: a steaming pile of crap.

OK, you and I are done. I remember you now. I will not waste my time on you ever again.

Monty Python right?

Run away, run away.

You do know what a plural is don't you?.... isn't that where you add an "S" to the end of the word?

Which has what to do with the fact that you are flat out wrong and spewing crap in place of intelligence?

No, because that case law is about suffrage rights for women between states.

You can sit here and scream FACTS all ****ing day but the fact is you have provided nothing that undermines the definition of Natural Born Citizen.

Your birther crap is just that: a steaming pile of crap.

You have not provided anything that undermines the Supreme Court and the definition they gave for NBC.... nice try. Are you ever going to debate this with facts or are you paid to just scream birther stupid birther?

I'm right here, crunch. When are you going to show us something of substance?

This?... from you?

I'm one SC case ahead and have 5 more. When are we going to get substance from you?

This?... from you?

I'm one SC case ahead and have 5 more. When are we going to get substance from you?

Except the one you SC case you showed didn't even say anything remotely close to what you claim it does. You keep swinging your FAIL PAIL around with pride as if having poor reading comprehension is something to get excited about.

Jesus Christ Crunch, I am not going through US vs Wong Kim Ark with you again.

I hate Obama as much as the next guy, but you can be a dual citizen and a natural born citizen at the same time. (born on US soil from one US parent and one foreign parent) also, from the info presented above, Obama hasn't been a dual citizen since 1982.

The military taught u to "hate" huh?

The military taught u to "hate" huh?

nah...common sense taught me to hate. hate those who would destroy what I hold dear. The military just gave me the skills to turn that hate into action :lol:

Jesus Christ Crunch, I am not going through US vs Wong Kim Ark with you again.

Amen to that!

This topic has been discussed to death in several threads already, among them are:

Got (Birth) Certificate...

Obama Birth Cert. a fair question...

And the parent thread to this one:

Army Showdown...LtCol Lakin...

And in all cases, we keep coming back to this same absord issue, towit: "Does birth to the soil (U.S.) to one U.S. citizen parent constitute 'natural-born U.S. citizenship' status?"

The answer to the questions continues to be a resounding "YES"!

The 14th Amendment sets the precedence.

Immigration and Naturalization law and the Foreign Affairs Manual support this.

As I and others have said to Crunch several times, QUOTE THE LAW, not Supreme Court rulings that clearly define who a "natural-born citizen" is. Furthermore, as has been stated time and time again, the last law that did define who were "natural-born citizens" of this country (Naturalization Act of 1790) applied NBC status to those who were born abroad to atleast one-U.S. citizen as long as the other parent was not a foreign diplomate. Current INA law still holds true to this legal precedent today!

I suppose there will continue to be those who want Pres. Obama out of the White House at any and all costs, but if you haven't driven the man out in 2 yrs you may as well give up that fight. It just ain't gonna happen!!! The law is on his side.

Why make 'em quote the law? Encourage them to file. Then cross your fingers and wait for a fine to be imposed in some sub-denomination of $20,000, the amount of the fine Orly Taitz got for wasting the judge's time. If the Birthers are so gol durned sure, let 'em put up or shut up.

Giving Birthers your time and attention only encourages greater depth of delusion, ya know.

Regards from Rosie

Seeing as we have a new birther thread I though I would bump one of our older ones up so the birthers could compare notes.:2wave:

[SIZE=+1]To avoid installing a Commander-in-Chief of the U.S. Military Forces having any foreign alliances, the Framers of out Constitution added a requirement that the office ONLY be held by a natural born citizen, not a person of dual-citizenship.

State Department confirms Obama was a dual citizen of the U.K./U.S. from 1961 to 1963 and a dual citizen of Kenya/U.S. from 1963 to 1982. | Birther Report: Obama Release Your Records

[/SIZE]State Department confirms Obama was a dual citizen of the U.K./U.S. from 1961 to 1963 and a dual citizen of Kenya/U.S. from 1963 to 1982. | Birther Report: Obama Release Your Records

Wow. You actually cited a blog as evidence. Just wow

Back
Top Bottom