• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

State Bank

Millionaire mansions undermine the idea of wealth being reflective of self-worth. By owning a slightly big house a middle-class person might be tempted to think they’re honestly harder working than poor people. Yet rich people are so sarcastic and unrealistic in how high their self-worth is that it ironically legitimatises egalitarianism in the middle class. Maybe that’s why real estate agents can look so friendly because they’re proving that pursuing wealth is absurd when the hardest working medical doctors can’t afford such mansions:

Touring a $218,000,000 Florida Mega Mansion on a Private Island

Perhaps wealth can simulate a different age category. A 20 year-old with a mansion might feel as wise as a 40 year-old. Likewise an 80 year-old millionaire can afford the adventure holidays of a 20 year-old. So an alternative to wealth is to simply appreciate your age. When they say your health is your wealth perhaps that applies to ageing as much as illness. Your age is your wealth! As my 1945th post I declare victory over nazi Germany!

A tissue wrap is a convenient way to carry change in your pocket(!):
5F023785-EB4C-4802-AFF5-F5E761C6356D.jpeg

No.

The notion of lending money only to commercial enterprises that claim to "help to diversify the job market for poor people" stinks of control over the economy for political purposes. Especially if commercial banks are forbidden and the only source of commercial loans is that state bank.

There is only one fundamental purpose of commercial enterprises: To make money. If a bank thinks a commercial enterprise will make money, that bank will lend money.

I don't want governments to finance existing private banks, either. Government money ALWAYS has strings attached.
The situation already exists as a quasi federal agency. It is the Federal Reserve System. Since 1913.

The situation already exists as a quasi federal agency. It is the Federal Reserve System. Since 1913.
I don't think the Fed lends money only to commercial enterprises that claim to "help to diversify the job market for poor people". If that's its only purpose, it should be abolished.

I don't think the Fed lends money only to commercial enterprises that claim to "help to diversify the job market for poor people". If that's its only purpose, it should be abolished.

I worked for a year as an office assistant in a legal office only for a boyfriend of a relative to complain to me at a family reunion about the high costs of hiring a solicitor. Needless to say I wasn’t earning much just to be an office assistant. The legal profession merely exposes tax incidence of passing on taxes to the customer in a way that’s more conspicuous. Yet all other trades are also capable of passing on taxes even if it’s more discreet. So the high costs of the legal profession can be a slightly redemptive simply to dissuade left-wingers from relying too much on tax and not enough on efficient public services. Otherwise left-wingers would be constantly outcompeted my more extreme left-wingers advocating for even higher taxes irrespective of the public infrastructural projects being pursued.

Back
Top Bottom