• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

State ACLU Director Resigns After Daughters Frightened By Men In Women’s Restroom

jmotivator

Computer Gaming Nerd
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
ACLU Boss Quits After Daughters See Men In Restroom | The Daily Caller

"Maya Dillard Smith, whose resignation was first reported by Atlanta Progressive News, wrote: “I have shared my personal experience of having taken my elementary school age daughters into a women’s restroom when shortly after three transgender young adults, over six feet [tall] with deep voices, entered.

“My children were visibly frightened, concerned about their safety and left asking lots of questions for which I, like many parents, was ill-prepared to answer,”"

Interesting.

"Maya Dillard Smith, whose resignation was first reported by Atlanta Progressive News, wrote: “I have shared my personal experience of having taken my elementary school age daughters into a women’s restroom when shortly after three transgender young adults, over six feet [tall] with deep voices, entered.

“My children were visibly frightened, concerned about their safety and left asking lots of questions for which I, like many parents, was ill-prepared to answer,”"

Interesting.
Reality bites....hard!

After the SSM win I truly believe that other groups got emboldened to demand what they believe is their Rights. And while I don't necessarily blame them for this, we all want our Rights respected after all, I do think that perhaps they moved too quickly on this issue. Relatively speaking. People need to get used to new ideas and people absolutely HATE being forced into things. So much so that they often start pushing back which can cause far more strife than is necessary. I don't begrudge transgenders using the bathroom that they feel that they should go into. But they also need to realize that they are going about this the entirely WRONG way. There needs to be some sort of compromise on this issue. And people pushing for the broadest possible allowance is NOT compromise. We've had bathrooms separated by gender for hundreds, thousands of years and people want it changed in just a few short, what feels like, months. And yes, I know, transgenders have been fighting for equality for as long as homosexuals have. But that issue was rarely actually addressed and as such far less people even knew about it until a few months ago. It's also not like the compromise that many believe is reasonable is really all that bad or hard. It would at least give people time to acclimate to this issue. Once people are acclimated then push for more if its actually needed.

The road to true equality and freedom is a long one which can be even longer if not done properly.

Sometimes reality just needs to bust you across the forehead with a 2x4 before you recognize it.

Yabbut, Henrin and CC are at it again.

Can't anyone but me see that she was set up like a bowling pin?

The road to true equality and freedom is a long one which can be even longer if not done properly.

So not being able to use the opposite sex's restroom can prevent a person from feeling equal and free?

Interesting.

I said this kind of thing was going to happen. we will be seeing more of this.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1065922971 said:
So not being able to use the opposite sex's restroom can prevent a person from feeling equal and free?

You ignore everything else I said just to focus on that? And not even correctly I might add. I didn't once mention "feeling equal and free" in that line.

Yabbut, Henrin and CC are at it again.

Can't anyone but me see that she was set up like a bowling pin?

yeah it seems that way.
I kinda find this a hard coincidence.

that is the nature of the liberal left for people that do not line up with what they agree with though.
they will yell, scream and demonize anyone and anything they can so long as they get their way.

however kids in high school are not agreeing with it now that it has come to hit them full bore in the face.
more so girls.

yeah it seems that way.
I kinda find this a hard coincidence.

that is the nature of the liberal left for people that do not line up with what they agree with though.
they will yell, scream and demonize anyone and anything they can so long as they get their way.

however kids in high school are not agreeing with it now that it has come to hit them full bore in the face.
more so girls.

Her being the head of the Georgia State ACLU would make her a target. You don't have to tail someone for very long to discover their patterns (especially if they are oblivious to being followed). Once they found a restroom that the lady and her two daughters usually stopped at, they dressed like women and went barging in behind them. The fact that they had "booming male voices" should point this out. They weren't transgender ladies, they were just dudes with makeup and stuffed bras out to cause trouble for a woman that they have a general hatred for.

Her being the head of the Georgia State ACLU would make her a target. You don't have to tail someone for very long to discover their patterns (especially if they are oblivious to being followed). Once they found a restroom that the lady and her two daughters usually stopped at, they dressed like women and went barging in behind them. The fact that they had "booming male voices" should point this out. They weren't transgender ladies, they were just dudes with makeup and stuffed bras out to cause trouble for a woman that they have a general hatred for.

It worked didn't it? Almost like poetic justice.

Not exactly. When are conservatives going to start a fear mongering campaign against women who use the men's bathroom? Happens all the time.

Not exactly. When are conservatives going to start a fear mongering campaign against women who use the men's bathroom? Happens all the time.

It demonstrated what a hypocrite the ACLU director is.

If it was an obvious set up, why did she resign?

You ignore everything else I said just to focus on that? And not even correctly I might add. I didn't once mention "feeling equal and free" in that line.

But, how can you tell transgender people that they can use an opposite sex bathroom, and not anyone else who isn't transgender?

If transgender people have the right to use any restroom they want, then you can't tell non transgender people that they don't have that right. Otherwise, you'd be giving preferential treatment to transgender people.

If a 40 year old straight male wants to use a restroom at the shopping mall that mostly teenage girls use, how can you tell him that he can't?

No, it demonstrated that one employee of one chapter of the ACLU is not in alignment with the organization's position.

Which demonstrates that the ACLU's position is bull****.

They must have freaked her out pretty good. That can happen when your children become terrified.

actually the conservative movement should capitalize on the lefts war on women. by allowing and supporting men to enter their
bathrooms and locker rooms.

the left has set women's privacy rights back a long time.

so the question is why does the left discriminate against women's privacy rights.

I said this kind of thing was going to happen. we will be seeing more of this.
Why is the federal government wasting their time with something so trivial?

Back
Top Bottom