• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Starstreak Units About to Arrive in Ukraine

maxparrish

Conservatarian
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Mr Wallace said the first Ukrainian troops had been trained and were now deployed with Starstreak, adding that the UK was ‘doing more than pretty much anyone else’ to help the war-torn country.

It isn't clear how many systems the British have sent, but apparently their delivery is imminent. It would be an exaggeration to say the British Starstreak is a game changer, but it appears to have some definite advantages over US stingers. It should raise the safe altitude level of Russian aircraft above 24 or 25 thousand feet, and depending on its accuracy may significantly improve hit rates.

Starstreak is a British short-range man-portable air-defence system (MANPADS) manufactured by Thales Air Defence (formerly Shorts Missile Systems), in Belfast. It is also known as Starstreak HVM (High Velocity Missile). After launch, the missile accelerates to more than Mach 4,[3] making it the fastest short-range surface-to-air missile in existence.[5] It then launches three laser beam-riding submunitions, increasing the likelihood of a successful hit on the target. Starstreak has been in service with the British Army since 1997. In 2012, Thales rebranded the system under the ForceSHIELD banner.[5]

• Starstreak has a speed of Mach 4, and Stinger can speed up to 2.5 Mach.
  • Starstreak range – 7000 m; Stinger range – 4800m.
  • Direction framework – Infrared homing for Stinger while SACLOS for Starstreak.
  • Warhead – High dangerous for Stinger and Three hazardous (explosive) darts for Starstreak.
Starstreak and hit aircraft at 23,000 feet, even if they are maneuvering at 9Gs. It has a 1.5 meter hit radius, capable of penetrating an airplane and exploding inside. It cannot be jammed by radar or infrared flares.

I cannot wait to see the first videos of the system in action.

ok. Cant see how this will affect me personally. YAY. I guess?

I cannot wait to see the first videos of the system in action.

I know I'll be on the edge of my seat.:rolleyes:

I know I'll be on the edge of my seat.:rolleyes:
You can't see how Ukraine defeating Russia and staying a sovereign, independent democracy will effect you, and all you can muster is rolling your eyes and sarcasm?

If you couldn't care less and have nothing to contribute, why the **** did you wander into this thread and thus subforum?

You can't see how Ukraine defeating Russia and staying a sovereign, independent democracy will effect you,

Yes, I can "see" how it will "affect" me: IT WON'T. I don't live in Ukraine. Or Russia. The daily blathering about this conflict on the media has grown stale IMO. It could go on for years. Americans....LMAO. Its just like an NFL game.
YAY!!! Some weapons from somewhere are being shipped somewhere else on the other side of the world, to be used by people that I have never met and do not know...rah rah sis boom BAH!!!! *swinging pom poms*

Yes, I can "see" how it will "affect" me: IT WON'T. I don't live in Ukraine. Or Russia. The daily blathering about this conflict on the media has grown stale IMO. It could go on for years. Americans....LMAO. Its just like an NFL game.
YAY!!! Some weapons from somewhere are being shipped somewhere else on the other side of the world, to be used by people that I have never met and do not know...rah rah sis boom BAH!!!! *swinging pom poms*
You sound like the kind of selfish narcissist that if you saw a neighbor being raped and murdered, you'd just go back to watching TV because you simply don't care.

A small war somewhere thousands of miles away resulted in the US becoming a combatant in two world wars.

A small war somewhere thousands of miles away resulted in the US becoming a combatant in two world wars.

And right on cue, another Hitler/Nazi/WWII comparison....LMAO!
So silly. So inaccurate. So historically illiterate. But thank you. :rolleyes:

godwins law.png

You sound like the kind of selfish narcissist that if you saw a neighbor being raped and murdered, you'd just go back to watching TV because you simply don't care.

You are posting on DP....and not on your way to Ukraine. You are doing exactly NOTHING of substance, just like me.
So stop trying to virtue signal, you dont give a crap. I dont give a crap. We are the same in our approach to Ukraine/Russia.

And right on cue, another Hitler/Nazi/WWII comparison....LMAO!
So silly. So inaccurate. So historically illiterate. But thank you. :rolleyes:

View attachment 67382593
Did I mention Hitler or the Nazis? Way to miss the point. Furthermore perhaps you can tell me what was "historically illiterate" in my post?

You are posting on DP....and not on your way to Ukraine. You are doing exactly NOTHING of substance, just like me.
So stop trying to virtue signal, you dont give a crap. I dont give a crap. We are the same in our approach to Ukraine/Russia.
Speak for yourself. I do care and I want things to be done. I spent 8 years in uniform with combat deployments. Just because you're cowardly and don't care about human suffering doesn't mean everyone else is the same. You're neither peaceful nor a warrior.

Reactions: Bum
Speak for yourself. I do care and I want things to be done. I spent 8 years in uniform with combat deployments. Just because you're cowardly and don't care about human suffering doesn't mean everyone else is the same. You're neither peaceful nor a warrior.

REALITY CHECK: You are very cowardly and blathering on an Internet forum, doing exactly SQUAT to help any person in Ukraine, or to stop anyones "suffering".

Stop being so cowardly, sprout a set, and head on over Rambo!! They need you!:LOL:(y)

And FTR: I spent 30 years as a Marine Core Soldier, Medal of Honor, and was also in the SEALs where I was the guy that shot binLaden...maybe you heard of me? Yeah, I'm that guy. So its pretty easy to see that I am a battle hardened warrior, while you beat your nonsensical gums TALKING about all the stuff that you're going to do....BWAHAHAHAHA.

dis - M I S S E D ! ! ! !

dismissed.gif

REALITY CHECK: You are very cowardly and blathering on an Internet forum, doing exactly SQUAT to help any person in Ukraine, or to stop anyones "suffering".

Stop being so cowardly, sprout a set, and head on over Rambo!! They need you!:LOL:(y)

And FTR: I spent 30 years as a Marine Core Soldier, Medal of Honor, and was also in the SEALs where I was the guy that shot binLaden...maybe you heard of me? Yeah, I'm that guy. So its pretty easy to see that I am a battle hardened warrior, while you beat your nonsensical gums TALKING about all the stuff that you're going to do....BWAHAHAHAHA.

dis - M I S S E D ! ! ! !

View attachment 67382602
Don't confuse your cowardice with anyone else's. There is clearly a difference between someone who cares and wants something done and someone like you who doesn't care, doesn't want anything done, and actively mocks the suffering of other human beings. Run along, sad narcissistic russkiy.

You can't see how Ukraine defeating Russia and staying a sovereign, independent democracy will effect you, and all you can muster is rolling your eyes and sarcasm?

If you couldn't care less and have nothing to contribute, why the **** did you wander into this thread and thus subforum?

Don't let the JFK avatar fool ya. He trolls this forum everyday between pushing his racist agenda...

I'm proud of my Mighty Whitey European White Male heritage. Thats true.
So....here I am. Proud European White Male, proud and VERY successful. (y)
My people and I have done more for humanity than any other group in all likelihood.

Won't the Russians just start flying their planes higher again, out of range of these Starstreak units??

What will happen is what everyone has been moaning about, longer range and thus more indiscriminate shelling/bombing. The people here cheer before their brains are even awake imo

Following the logic of the Putin apologists on here they would clearly have condemned Britain and Russia declaring war on Germany for its invasion of Poland, on the grounds of that only resulting in more casualties.

And such people have the gall of accusing others of having their brains in deep freeze.:rolleyes:

you should be careful with that comment. from this point going forward, whenever you make a comment on any subject that doesn't affect you personally, all posters have to do is copy/past your post from here.

What will happen is what everyone has been moaning about, longer range and thus more indiscriminate shelling/bombing. The people here cheer before their brains are even awake imo
what are Ukraine's other options?

Following the logic of the Putin apologists on here they would clearly have condemned Britain and Russia declaring war on Germany for its invasion of Poland, on the grounds of that only resulting in more casualties.

And such people have the gall of accusing others of having their brains in deep freeze.:rolleyes:

Godwins Law*

godwins law.png

One of the first things you might want to educate yourself upon is that Mike Godwin did not formulate a prohibition.

When you have grasped that, you might want to learn the parameters ruling the validity of comparisons or the lack of any such validity.

Glad to have been of help but the comprehension angle is something for you to work at.

When you have grasped that, you might want to learn the parameters ruling the validity of comparisons or the lack of any such validity.

Right.

And the invasion of Ukraine by Russia is in no way comparable to Nazi Germany in the 1930s.

Thanks for dropping by.

Poster: dis - M I S S E D ! ! !

dismissed.gif

Back
Top Bottom