• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Starbucks pro gun

When CA had open carry rights they said nothing to the many gatherings of people openly carrying and meeting at their stores here. Other businesses like Baskin Robbins, Petes Coffee and some others told gun owners to get lost.

if they are being boycotted by the anti-guns on the left and the anti-SSM on the right who they hell is going there?

I am. I don't care who the hell is boycotting. I love their coffee. :lol:

I believe it is incorrect to say Starbucks is pro-gun, its more correct to say they are pro-laws of the state they are located. They don't want their baristas to be cops.
Hence pro gun.
Disallowing firearms on their property in CCW states is legal.
They have chose to not disallow guns on their property. Many companies have not done the same.

When did purchasing a product because of its quality or price step aside for purchasing a product for its politics?

Idiots.

When CA had open carry rights they said nothing to the many gatherings of people openly carrying and meeting at their stores here. Other businesses like Baskin Robbins, Petes Coffee and some others told gun owners to get lost.
That's when you take a picture of the cash you would have spent in the establishment and send it to the district manager and corporate, along with the reason it's still in your pocket and not their registers. If enough people do that they'll eventually get it.

I believe it is incorrect to say Starbucks is pro-gun, its more correct to say they are pro-laws of the state they are located. They don't want their baristas to be cops.
The company's official stance is neutrality on the issue.

When did purchasing a product because of its quality or price step aside for purchasing a product for its politics?

Idiots.
Guess you've never heard of boycotting before? It's using commerce or withholding commerce to send a message to the company in question, I know it's a new concept, you know, using commerce as a statement, to be fair it's only been around since the invention of currency, only about 100 centuries or so, therefore I could see how people may have missed the memo. :roll:

Idiots.

Snort!

Then race to your local Wal-Mart and buy all of the Chinese products that you can find.

Wrong how? In states that have CCW Starbucks can legally put gun free signs up and not allow you in if you are carrying.
They are neutral on the subject, that doesn't mean they are pro-gun, they don't want their employee hassling customers over state laws. Understand?

Guess you've never heard of boycotting before? It's using commerce or withholding commerce to send a message to the company in question, I know it's a new concept, you know, using commerce as a statement, to be fair it's only been around since the invention of currency, only about 100 centuries or so, therefore I could see how people may have missed the memo. :roll:

Ok there's boycotting and then there's getting your panties in a tangle over next to nothing, ****ing Chiquita Banana uses near slave labour in Colombia and hires/pays off terrorist groups. Boycott that ****, but getting all up in a tissy because starbucks lets patrons carried firearms into their stores in states were open/conceal carry is permitted is stupid and its just as stupid as going out of one's way to buy starbucks coffee because of his policy.

They are neutral on the subject, that doesn't mean they are pro-gun, they don't want their employee hassling customers over state laws. Understand?

You can't ask any more from a business than that.

Yea, in states where there is CCW. They are following the law, and not turning their businesses into "gun free zones". Like the protesters want them to.
That is pro gun to me, maybe alittle tacit. But Pro Gun non the less.

Yea, in states where there is CCW. They are following the law, and not turning their businesses into "gun free zones". Like the protesters want them to.
That is pro gun to me, maybe alittle tacit. But Pro Gun non the less.

Dude, I am pro-gun and I would not call them pro-gun.

They are taking a non-controversial path, trying not to piss anyone off, and doing their business quietly.

I respect that.

Ok there's boycotting and then there's getting your panties in a tangle over next to nothing, ****ing Chiquita Banana uses near slave labour in Colombia and hires/pays off terrorist groups. Boycott that ****, but getting all up in a tissy because starbucks lets patrons carried firearms into their stores in states were open/conceal carry is permitted is stupid and its just as stupid as going out of one's way to buy starbucks coffee because of his policy.
Ah, so showing commerce in a cause YOU don't believe in is extremism and "a new trend" though it's been happening since commerce existed. Gotcha.

Ah, so showing commerce in a cause YOU don't believe in is extremism and "a new trend" though it's been happening since commerce existed. Gotcha.

No kidding.

Politics have never, ever, ever entered into commercial selling throughout history....:roll:

Back
Top Bottom