• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Starbucks changes their minds

Trying to care about what Starbucks really thinks about anything. Nope, dont.

I thiink I speak for everyone in the world when I say that it's incredibly shocking that starbucks doesn't make a habit of serving instant coffee.

You just want free coffee :mrgreen:

I don't carry; I don't drink coffee; and I don't like chicken so I cannot recall the last time I was in one of those places. Now, if they started giving away free hot chocolate, I probably could run the cost-benefit numbers on a concealed weapons permit :)

Drinking starbucks right now. Don't really care what they do. If I had a gun, I would conceal it and go to starbucks. Whatre they going to do, kick me out? Ill go to another one next door.

I guess all robberies will take place from OUTSIDE the stores.

People like this are the ones that forced Starbucks hand.
This Is Why We Cant Have Nice Things – Starbucks

Pictures at link.

IF people would have just come in and got coffee without carrying an arsenal there would be no issue. Some of the fringe pro gun crowd took Starbucks allowance of guns too far, and tried to make a statement. It backfired on them.

Pictures at link.

IF people would have just come in and got coffee without carrying an arsenal there would be no issue. Some of the fringe pro gun crowd took Starbucks allowance of guns too far, and tried to make a statement. It backfired on them.

One gun isn't an arsenal. But I agree, theres no reason to intentionally frighten anti gun people. I hate when liberals do it, and when conservatives do it.

I don't go to Starbucks to begin with.

Pictures at link.

I don't disagree with this at all.

The pro gun folks got carried away and tried to make Starbucks a poster child and it back fired.

Being subtle and knowing when to STFU is rare these days.

You always reap what you sow.....

Pictures at link.

You do realize that if local law permits, you can still bring a gun into Starbucks, yes? They don't want to be a center of protest and would rather you leave the gun at home, but they are not kicking people out for having a gun.

Do people even read the articles anymore?

You do realize that if local law permits, you can still bring a gun into Starbucks, yes? They don't want to be a center of protest and would rather you leave the gun at home, but they are not kicking people out for having a gun.

Do people even read the articles anymore?

Yes, I did read the article. The whole point is that the CEO of Starbucks wouldn't have even asked gun owners to not bring guns into the store if some didn't insist on making a public spectacle of displaying their guns.
The fringe element of the gun debate pushed him to make the decision to speak on the topic.

Yes, I did read the article. The whole point is that the CEO of Starbucks wouldn't have even asked gun owners to not bring guns into the store if some didn't insist on making a public spectacle of displaying their guns.
The fringe element of the gun debate pushed him to make the decision to speak on the topic.

It was that both sides were being ridiculous and all they want to do is sell coffee. That's it. It's not a win for either side, just a demonstration towards how insane y'all are.

It was that both sides were being ridiculous and all they want to do is sell coffee. That's it. It's not a win for either side, just a demonstration towards how insane y'all are.

Y'all who? I haven't even been to a SB in over a year. I don't open carry, and I feel no need to show off my guns.

You might want to add there that its also from the fact that the anti-gun groups won't leave Starbucks along since Starbucks wants to stay Neutral and follow State law.

I don't go to Starbucks to begin with.

Aside the library, it's the only place I can go to work outside the house where books are on hand for my needs, as is the internet. Actually, scratch that, all the (three) libraries in a 30-minute driving range are crap, and don't have free internet access. . . so they're useless when I'm working.

That cabinet of tasty treats is frightening, imagine the fat grams in there! It's like dope - but prettied up.

I wonder if that is really true. It is a public accommodation.
As a general rule, a business can refuse service to anyone for any reason which is not a reason which is prohibited by law.

Correct me if I am wrong...but I think "no gun allowed" signs are invalid in public places. At least I think maybe in Florida. If they are...I will be concealing my firearm while drinking a cup o Starbucks. Lol

As a general rule, a business can refuse service to anyone for any reason which is not a reason which is prohibited by law.
To what I bolded, I think businesses should have the right to refuse service to anyone, however I would caution businesses that do so risk a public relations nightmare they may never recover from.

Correct me if I am wrong...but I think "no gun allowed" signs are invalid in public places. At least I think maybe in Florida. If they are...I will be concealing my firearm while drinking a cup o Starbucks. Lol
Depends on the state. Some states have "gun buster" laws which means the no guns sign in a place of business carries the weight of law, however any business can ask you to leave anywhere for carrying, failure to leave is a misdemeanor charge of remaining after forbidden.

Back
Top Bottom