• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Star Wars Rape

Is Kylo Ren raping Rey when he uses the Force to scan her mind and force her to reveal things she wa

• Total voters

Bodi

Just waiting for my set...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Is Kylo Ren raping Rey when he uses the Force to scan her mind and force her to reveal things she wants private? Personal thoughts are personal.

What do you think @Bodhisattva? I noticed that you asked a question without offering your own perspectives on it. Why is that?

I'd like to think that I speak for at least a few posters here when I say that we'd like to hear your opinion on this important subject before offering our own.

Last edited:
Is Kylo Ren raping Rey when he uses the Force to scan her mind and force her to reveal things she wants private? Personal thoughts are personal.

Are police mind-raping suspects when they convince them to confess to crimes they didn't commit?

Or any number of similar or even worse interrogations done for the entire history of the human existence.

I'd have to watch the movie to vote and that ain't gonna happen. It is a very good question. If what he's illiciting are private and personal thoughts rather than military info, I'd be comfortable calling it rape.

The answer is no, and why are we even talking about this? Said another way, what are we wanting to talk about here above what the OP has revealed so far?

What do you think @Bodhisattva? I noticed that you asked a question without offering your own perspectives on it. Why is that?

I'd like to think that I speak for at least a few posters here when I say that we'd like to hear your opinion on this important subject before offering our own.
Because he’s trolling and stirring up shit

What does he/she/undisclosed hope to elicit?

Hot tip: If the thread title runs over the character limit………maybe pass.

If you are using the word in idiomatic mode, then I can go with that. I do hold that picking up surface thoughts, even actively looking for them, would not be the same as diving down for what's underneath.

He's probably like me, and would rather have at least some members respond to the raw question without influencing the answered with his own. It also shows sometimes how people's bias will twist your questions to fit their assumptions of you.

Rape is when a man puts his penis in a woman without her consent, so, no.

Rape is when a man puts his penis in a woman without her consent, so, no.
Rape, ignoring the idiomatic use by the OP, is more than man on woman. Men can rape other men, women can rape men and can rape other women.

Rape, ignoring the idiomatic use by the OP, is more than man on woman. Men can rape other men, women can rape men and can rape other women.
Yeah, but the OP is referring to a woman. It requires penetration of the anus or vagina. So, no rape depicted or described in the OP.

Yeah, but the OP is referring to a woman. It requires penetration of the anus or vagina. So, no rape depicted or described in the OP.
The OP is referring to a fictional character. Rey does not exist.

Back
Top Bottom