• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Star Trek

Your favourite Star Trek?

• Star Trek: Enterprise

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Star Trek: The Original Series

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Star Trek: Voyager

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
I liked them both too, still love the Dennis McCarthy soundtrack to Generations. However, I recently watched this hilarious review of Generations and must admit, not only is it hilarious but spot on. The film from a writing standpoint was a horrid mess of nonsense and just falls apart when scrutinized.
YouTube- Star Trek: Generations Review - Part 1

I gotta agree with you on the soundtrack part. I am not ashamed to admit that sometimes I have watched that movie just to hear the amazing soundtrack.

I grew up with the original Star Trek and loved it even if my older brothers and everybody else thought I was a geek. I think it is really cool to see what it has developed into.

Live long and prosper I say. BTW Nimoy announced the other day that he was retiring for good.

I was a fan of the original series and the next generation, and I thought the latest movie was great. Star Trek | Official Movie Site | Own it today on Blu-Ray and DVD | Star Trek Movie
That movie looks great on Blu-Ray and sounds damn fine too!

I gotta agree with you on the soundtrack part. I am not ashamed to admit that sometimes I have watched that movie just to hear the amazing soundtrack.
It really is one of my favs and I'm a soundtrack aficionado who owns many many of them. That one still gets played and I've had to copy it for a lot of people, many who are not even Trek fans. That one and of course the original Star Trek TMP by Goldsmith are just fantastic IMO.

Last edited:
I used to watch the original series with my grandpa when I was a kid so there is some nostalgia there, but TNG was the one series that I got into myself. I still find the Borg to be one of the most interesting villains in all sci-fi. I didn't care too much for DS9, but I did like a few characters. After that, I quit watching.

DS9's theme has been played by professional orchestras across the planet.

Therefore, automatic win.

That and it had the most depth by far.

DS9's theme has been played by professional orchestras across the planet.

Therefore, automatic win.

That and it had the most depth by far.
The Gerry Goldsmith score to TMP has been played far more by "professional" orchestras and is recognized far more across the planet as a matter fact. I have no idea what you meant otherwise, though I suspect you have had too much Tranya.;)

The Gerry Goldsmith score to TMP has been played far more by "professional" orchestras and is recognized far more across the planet as a matter fact. I have no idea what you meant otherwise, though I suspect you have had too much Tranya.;)

Seriously? Like who played it?

my favourite star trek is the one with the guy with the black and red spikey head, where they have to go and destroy a ring in the possession of an enormous talking lion.

I like Star Trek: Enterprise. Its ashamed that it only lasted 4 seasons.

Hells yeah, I change my vote, Enterprise was da shnizzit!! They weren't afraid to show the dark side of human explorers especially when faced with extinction. Also, while all the other Treks had super God-like advanced gizmoes, the relatively low-tech of Enterprise was refreshing.

Capt'n Archer didn't have a pre-pubescent savant with a science experiment or the ear of gods in a worm whole to save the day. Innovation and unlikely alliances were his tools.

I liked them both too, still love the Dennis McCarthy soundtrack to Generations. However, I recently watched this hilarious review of Generations and must admit, not only is it hilarious but spot on. The film from a writing standpoint was a horrid mess of nonsense and just falls apart when scrutinized.
YouTube- Star Trek: Generations Review - Part 1

that guy does the BEST reviews!!!!!

btw DS9 is freakin' lame. TNG and TOS are great. Voyager was... meh.

Seriously? Like who played it?
Still up to your eyeballs in Tranya eh? Whaz wrong, your browser broky broky?:roll: Of course the "pros" that recorded TMP soundtrack were then and are now still considered the most professional in the business. Which should be obvious to any child, regardless their age or how much Tranya they have ingested.

Capt'n Archer didn't have a pre-pubescent savant with a science experiment or the ear of gods in a worm whole to save the day. Innovation and unlikely alliances were his tools.
Also a beagle.................;)

Sisko did have his moments.............
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-YyL7X4CWw"]YouTube- ST Deep Space Nine "In The Pale Moonlight" End Monologue[/nomedia]

Last edited:
that guy does the BEST reviews!!!!!

btw DS9 is freakin' lame. TNG and TOS are great. Voyager was... meh.

I know, I think part of the problem with DS9 was they never went anywhere. And Voyager quickly reminded me of Gilligan’s Island---the same way they never got off the island episode after episode, Voyager was the same...they never would make it back to Earth no matter what happened.

I know, I think part of the problem with DS9 was they never went anywhere. And Voyager quickly reminded me of Gilligan’s Island---the same way they never got off the island episode after episode, Voyager was the same...they never would make it back to Earth no matter what happened.

Except that they did get home :doh

Except that they did get home :doh

Did they? I wouldn't know, I stopped watching Voyager based on what I said, although the addition of the very sexy 7 of 9 [Jeri Ryan] did bring me back for a while off and on.

Did they? I wouldn't know, I stopped watching Voyager based on what I said, although the addition of the very sexy 7 of 9 [Jeri Ryan] did bring me back for a while off and on.

The very last episode they get home, albiet in the dumbest and most convenient way possible, but they got home :2razz:

The very last episode they get home, albiet in the dumbest and most convenient way possible, but they got home :2razz:

Well, at least it wasn't on a reunion show or something years later.

Voyager-Seven-Of-Nine-Wallpaper.jpg

She is incredibly hot; ...unfortunately every time I see her I am reminded of how her failed marriage to Jack Ryan, and a judge allowing the details of their divorce to go public, directly contributed to Obama becoming President.

Some info on that:
The Wisconsin Policy Research Institute Blog The Woman Who Changed the World

Back
Top Bottom