• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Star Trek

Your favourite Star Trek?

• Star Trek: Enterprise

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Star Trek: The Original Series

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Star Trek: Voyager

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Jetboogieman

Somewhere in Babylon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Which is your favourite Star Trek TV show?

Personally I really enjoyed The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine, it's a tie for me in that department.

I felt Deep Space Nine really showed the Star Trek universe in a much more human way, especially season 6 and 7, and arguably the best Star Trek episode ever, where Sisko gets the Romulans to join the war against the dominion.

Did not care for enterprise one bit.

So nerds and nerdesses, whats your views?

Deep Space 9, hands down, bar none. The characters were awesome and developed well over time, it showed some dark sides to the Federation, it was more arc-worthy than episodic, and it was epic season-wide rather than on individual episodes. I love DS9 with an unparalleled passion. Part of me is wondering if they'll ever make a DS9 movie, but if they do I don't want it to be the utter crap that most of the TNG movies have been.

Deep Space 9, hands down, bar none. The characters were awesome and developed well over time, it showed some dark sides to the Federation, it was more arc-worthy than episodic, and it was epic season-wide rather than on individual episodes. I love DS9 with an unparalleled passion. Part of me is wondering if they'll ever make a DS9 movie, but if they do I don't want it to be the utter crap that most of the TNG movies have been.

I kind of enjoyed First Contact, but Generations, Nemesis and Insurrection were utter ball aches to watch. Especially nemesis, I have great disdain for that movie.

I share your passion for DS9. They'll never make a DS9 movie, all the actors have moved on, not enough people watched DS9. I read a good quote about DS9 that said "The best show on TV that nobody noticed"

I kind of enjoyed First Contact, but Generations, Nemesis and Insurrection were utter ball aches to watch. Especially nemesis, I have great disdain for that movie.

I share your passion for DS9. They'll never make a DS9 movie, all the actors have moved on, not enough people watched DS9. I read a good quote about DS9 that said "The best show on TV that nobody noticed"

I think that if they wrote a good movie for it, the actors would join in on it. Another possibility is doing an animated movie of some kind. Maybe a well-written direct-to-DVD. I'd buy it.

Which is your favourite Star Trek TV show?

Personally I really enjoyed The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine, it's a tie for me in that department.

I felt Deep Space Nine really showed the Star Trek universe in a much more human way, especially season 6 and 7, and arguably the best Star Trek episode ever, where Sisko gets the Romulans to join the war against the dominion.

Did not care for enterprise one bit.

So nerds and nerdesses, whats your views?

Voyager-Seven-Of-Nine-Wallpaper.jpg

seven_of_nine.jpg

I think that if they wrote a good movie for it, the actors would join in on it. Another possibility is doing an animated movie of some kind. Maybe a well-written direct-to-DVD. I'd buy it.
I voted DS9 as IMO it was the best series, but my favorite will always be TOS.

All of those options have been kicked about at one time by Paramount, particularly the DVD idea. Sadly nothing came of it and last year I read an interview where Ron Moore admitted the chances there would ever be another DS9 project were now slim to none.:(

All of those options have been kicked about at one time by Paramount, particularly the DVD idea. Sadly nothing came of it and last year I read an interview where Ron Moore admitted the chances there would ever be another DS9 project were now slim to none.:(

The suits at Paramount just look at the numbers, and they don't like them. Even though DS9 is the best, not enough people watched it :( It's sad really cause it was the best. But IMO nothing beats Jean-Luc Picard.

:( Oh well. Better that they not make something good than risk making it crap.

DS9 for sure. Probably the only show that I ever would not schedule work stuff so I could go home and watch. Not only was it written like a serial, but the character developments was incredible. To me, DS9 is what would have happened to TOS if TOS had lasted 8 or 9 years.

It is very sad that there doesn't seem like there will ever be a DS9 project ever again.

To me, DS9 is what would have happened to TOS if TOS had lasted 8 or 9 years.

No it isn't, because Gene Roddenberry had too much control over TOS to allow it to be as dark and gray, or as serial and over-arcing, as DS9 became.

No it isn't, because Gene Roddenberry had too much control over TOS to allow it to be as dark and gray, or as serial and over-arcing, as DS9 became.
Actually that is not necessarily true, the Great Bird of the Galaxy was actually involved in the early preproduction of Deep Space Nine and knew the stories were going to be darker and more edgy than TOS or TNG.

Now this is cheesy I know, but I was in a pitched battle on and around DS9 just this weekend. It is always a blast playing missions there!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m44VXNNJ5DQ&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Star Trek Online Fleet Action: DS9[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3IGbaDQ4rM"]YouTube- Star Trek Online | Tour of Deep Space Nine[/nomedia]

I don't know. If Gene L. Coon had stayed involved (and alive), amazing things would have happened.

Make it so number one!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl6VpmjKZAs"]YouTube- Sesame Street - Patrick Stewart helps The Count[/nomedia]

Nothing beats Picard.

After Battlestar Galactica I found Star Trek (especially DS9) to be completely unwatchable. But if you put a gun to my head I guess I'd have to say that the later seasons of TNG were the best.

I would agree that Picard was great. In fact, to me, the one weak link in DS9 was Sisko.

I didn't care for the whole baseball thing, and I couldn't relate to Sisko's development.

'Dax, on the other hand, was epic.

I didn't care for the whole baseball thing, and I couldn't relate to Sisko's development.

'Dax, on the other hand, was epic.

I thought the baseball thing was cool, but you nailed it to some extent. Sisko's development seemed wooden to me... as did Avery Brooks acting.

Only TNG can make parodies this good, and all the other parody episodes.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8aEhtJ-sgg&feature=related"]YouTube- TNG episode 12 - "bridge buffoonery"[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnPIPOaRUFg&feature=related"]YouTube- The Next Generation episode 9 - "A Fistful of Explosions"[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xfCKXnyD-4&feature=related"]YouTube- The Next Generation episode 8 - "Fine Art"[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReOw_2f4lpY"]YouTube- Star Trek: The Sexed Generation[/nomedia]

Last edited:
I'm old school I guess. I always loved TOS above all the others. They just got it right in a way the rest of the series weren't able to match.

I agree with you all on DS9. It was not the "clean" space epic like the rest of them, which I liked. The others were just too neat and tidy.

After that I liked TNG. I never watched Voyager, so I can't really comment.

I haven't seen any of the movies after Star Trek: Generations. That movie was plenty ****ty enough, thank you.

Actually, I liked Generations and First Contact, but after that, every movie was an overblown episode.

Actually, I liked Generations and First Contact, but after that, every movie was an overblown episode.
I liked them both too, still love the Dennis McCarthy soundtrack to Generations. However, I recently watched this hilarious review of Generations and must admit, not only is it hilarious but spot on. The film from a writing standpoint was a horrid mess of nonsense and just falls apart when scrutinized.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h06WKYFYdlo&feature=related"]YouTube- Star Trek: Generations Review - Part 1[/nomedia]

DS9 was the best. There were so many unique stories that you never saw in the other ones, and a lot more intrigues. TNG is a close second though.

Back
Top Bottom