• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Star Trek IV

Wrath of Khan was the best.

American;bt1160 said:
Wrath of Khan was the best.

That depends on what you mean by "best."

Yes, "Wrath" is highly regarded, especially by Trekkies. However, "Voyage" is the most accessible of all the Star Trek movies, either TOS or TNG. After all, it is set in contemporary times and the biggest conflict of the movie is trying to get whales from the past to the future. That means even non-Trekkies can understand and enjoy it. Which is what makes it genius filmmaking, even more so than "Wrath" is.

Wrath of Kahn will always be my favorite Star Trek movie because it taught me a lesson I've never forgotten and one that I've used throughout my life...especially when playing MMO's.

That lesson is: Think in three dimensions.

That was how Kirk defeated Kahn and that is how I've defeated many people in the various games I've played.

Back
Top Bottom