• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stand your ground: Shoot people without masks?

There have been several cases of people deliberately coughing on produce and other people. They have been charged with making terroristic threats for the act. So it seems reasonable to me that a person can shoot another person for trying to infect them with a deadly pathogen and legitimately claim self defense.

That would require someone to knowingly have the virus. Like people can be charged for knowingly spreading AIDS, they are also not charged for spreading it while not knowing they have it.

Those people were screened for Covid symptoms prior to getting that close to those officers. If waving signs and going through a security checkpoint qualifies as insurrection, that word has lost much meaning.

_112053965_gettyimages-1211398264.jpg

asymptomatic people can spread the virus. these people should have been arrested.

Since you could face serious harm or death by a person without a mask who may have and transmit the coronavirus, should you be able to use deadly force in self-defense if that person approaches you and refuses to back off?

Admittedly, people who adhere to "liberal" government mask guidelines are less likely to be among the “right to carry” crowd, but that may change.

It seems to me you have misappropriated responsibility for the shelter in place decree to liberals when it is cons who started it. Also as one of those who is a right to carry people I find your assumptions evil.

There have been several cases of people deliberately coughing on produce and other people. They have been charged with making terroristic threats for the act. So it seems reasonable to me that a person can shoot another person for trying to infect them with a deadly pathogen and legitimately claim self defense.

They purposely coughed on produce? Were they positive? How sick is that?
As for deathly force, no way. I don't even want to get in an argument with another, but rather they keep their spittle to themselves.

Since you could face serious harm or death by a person without a mask who may have and transmit the coronavirus, should you be able to use deadly force in self-defense if that person approaches you and refuses to back off?

Admittedly, people who adhere to "liberal" government mask guidelines are less likely to be among the “right to carry” crowd, but that may change.

maybe pepper spray them, but not shoot them. Tasering is also an option, guns is not a real option.

Seeing those nutters makes me very upset. I am very selective with my news intake these days.

it makes me feel bad for the cops. i'm sure that they don't want to get sick and are showing real restraint.

I thought the rule was that you can shoot them if they get within six feet of you. I'll admit I'm still sorting through all of this new information.

View attachment 67280908

asymptomatic people can spread the virus. these people should have been arrested.

For what? They were not knowingly spreading a virus, not threatening to spread it, and were screened for covid symptoms prior to engaging in this behavior. They were literally as safe as people going to the grocery store or riding the subway. Still not smart, but hardly threatening.

what about pepper spray?

For what? They were not knowingly spreading a virus, not threatening to spread it, and were screened for covid symptoms prior to engaging in this behavior. They were literally as safe as people going to the grocery store or riding the subway. Still not smart, but hardly threatening.

tell that to the cops that they sprayed all over with their Tweety-induced rage during a ****ing pandemic. you know, i'm generally tolerant of stupid, but that picture really pisses me off.

what about pepper spray?

It's a great way to test your decontamination procedures and mask fit. If you can take a faceful of pepper spray and not be affected, your mask and glasses are probably a good protection against Covid 19. If not, you need to reasses. If you can then decontaminate/take off your gear, clean up and go about your day, your hygiene protocols are good. If you taste pepper spray during dinner that night, you should reassess.

Last edited:
As far as I can tell, far more people have been shot and attacked for asking someone to put on a mask than for simply wearing one. I'm sure if a mask wearer keeps to themself they'll not be bothered.

the OP is about a person without a mask violating your personal space - can you force him away? Not about a person attacking someone who is wearing a mask.

the OP is about a person without a mask violating your personal space - can you force him away? Not about a person attacking someone who is wearing a mask.

Why force them away? Just leave the area. No one needs to get hurt over wearing a mask.

Those people were screened for Covid symptoms prior to getting that close to those officers. If waving signs and going through a security checkpoint qualifies as insurrection, that word has lost much meaning.

"screened"? are you kidding? they haven't even perfected testing yet. Any of those people could have been carriers.

It's a great way to test your decontamination procedures and mask fit. If you can take a faceful of pepper spray and not be affected, your mask and glasses are probably a good protection against Covid 19. If not, you need to reasses. If you can then decontaminate/take off your gear, clean up and go about your day, your hygiene protocols are good. If you taste pepper spray during dinner that night, you should reassess.

I mean spraying the unmasked person who gets too close and won't back off

I mean spraying the unmasked person who gets too close and won't back off

Oh. Yeah, I don't think standing too close is a reason to spray someone with a noxious chemical. Ianal though.

"screened"? are you kidding? they haven't even perfected testing yet. Any of those people could have been carriers.

Could have been. But going through a security checkpoint to stand in a designated area corralled by police is hardly an insurrection. Worst. Insurrection. Ever.

They purposely coughed on produce? Were they positive? How sick is that?
As for deathly force, no way. I don't even want to get in an argument with another, but rather they keep their spittle to themselves.

Actually, the woman that did that wasn't positive for the virus. The grocery store had to throw out $35,000 worth of produce which she is currently trying to pay for.

Actually, the woman that did that wasn't positive for the virus. The grocery store had to throw out $35,000 worth of produce which she is currently trying to pay for.

Ah of course, now I remember.

Back
Top Bottom