• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stand your ground: Shoot people without masks?

Since you could face serious harm or death by a person without a mask who may have and transmit the coronavirus, should you be able to use deadly force in self-defense if that person approaches you and refuses to back off?

Admittedly, people who adhere to "liberal" government mask guidelines are less likely to be among the “right to carry” crowd, but that may change.
In New York they're slamming young mothers on the ground and handcuffing them in front of 4 year old kids just because they're not wearing a mask.

Since you could face serious harm or death by a person without a mask who may have and transmit the coronavirus, should you be able to use deadly force in self-defense if that person approaches you and refuses to back off?

Admittedly, people who adhere to "liberal" government mask guidelines are less likely to be among the “right to carry” crowd, but that may change.

Stop making stupid threads.

Does the term "stand your ground" always imply use of a weapon? Would just shoving someone away, maybe putting them on the ground, still get you the benefit of the "stand your ground" principle?
I don't know enough about it maybe. In the McMichael/Arbery threads I thought Arbery was standing his ground when he went after the shotgun instead of complying.

No, of course it doesn't always imply use of a weapon or any use of deadly force.
I thought I outlined my thought on that..."if the person is ARMED".

There have been several cases of people deliberately coughing on produce and other people. They have been charged with making terroristic threats for the act. So it seems reasonable to me that a person can shoot another person for trying to infect them with a deadly pathogen and legitimately claim self defense.

Well, certainly if they are armed anyway.
In any case, a person who is intentionally attempting to spread deadly virus particles IS committing a terrorist act.
And the victim has every right to utilize whatever is necessary to stop them if need be.

Since you are wearing a mask, you are safe, right? So why do you care?

I wouldn't mind if they shot this asshole.

[video]https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=guy+wipes+nose+on+worker&docid=608022297765546503&mid=235684DB2C957DE589DC235684DB2C957DE589DC&view=detail&FORM=VIRE[/video]

I wouldn't mind if they shot this asshole.

[video]https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=guy+wipes+nose+on+worker&docid=608022297765546503&mid=235684DB2C957DE589DC235684DB2C957DE589DC&view=detail&FORM=VIRE[/video]

Unlike earlier in the thread where the mope (thanks TD) is yelling at the Cops that are bigger than he is, this old man has to bend down to pick on a chick. I'd shoot him in the leg.

I say hell yeah! ****...ing...go...for...it! :lamo

That's a good way to cull a bunch of Leftists: let those idiots start shooting people who aren't masked up. Talk about your suicide mission...lol

Could have been. But going through a security checkpoint to stand in a designated area corralled by police is hardly an insurrection. Worst. Insurrection. Ever.

I am most bothered by the guys shouting in the faces of the police who weren't protected by their paper masks

Actually, the woman that did that wasn't positive for the virus. The grocery store had to throw out $35,000 worth of produce which she is currently trying to pay for.

why did she do it?

da hell? :confused:

Last edited:

Snort!
And you will know that they carry the virus how!??
No scarlet 19s on the forehead that I have seen.
Maybe a gun in one holster and a temperature gun in the other.
What a ridiculous thread.

Incorrect; if you are wearing a cloth or paper mask you are not protected - you are only protecting the other guy. Only NIOSH certified masks like the N95s can protect you from someone else.
So you should wear that and not worry about the other guys.

So you should wear that and not worry about the other guys.

just letting you know - if you want protection from others, cloth or surgical masks ain't gonna cut it.

just letting you know - if you want protection from others, cloth or surgical masks ain't gonna cut it.
Ive said as much on this site which is why all the mask hysteria is so foolish.

Incorrect; if you are wearing a cloth or paper mask you are not protected - you are only protecting the other guy. Only NIOSH certified masks like the N95s can protect you from someone else.

COVID-19: How much protection do face masks offer? - Mayo Clinic

You're only protecting the other guy a little because cloth and paper masks don't have a positive seal. Every exhale pushes coodies out around your mask. Even if you're six feet away from everybody inside a building, the air flow from the climate control system is going to circulate those coodies all over the place and you're going to kill 73,659 people.

Since the virus is potentially fatal to some persons and there is no magic wand that predicts who, it has the potential to be considered assault with a deadly weapon, as future court cases may or may not decide. We may very well see a court case where a person was witnessed directly confronting an at risk person and infecting them, and that victim later became deathly ill, and sued the aggressor, and maybe they might win the case.

It has happened in the UK where someone was deliberately spat on and got the virus and died. As far as I know, he hasn't been caught and I don't know if the family will sue if and when he is. Personally, I think he should be executed but the UK does not have the death penalty.

U.K. railway ticket office worker dies from COVID-19 after being spat on | CTV News

We don't shoot people who drunk drive; we call the cops on them.

Back
Top Bottom