• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stan Lee has passed away

Jredbaron96

Gen 4:10
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Stan Lee Dead at 95 | TMZ.com

This is still pretty breaking news, but he's reportedly had some health issues and is over 90 years old.

If true, then RIP. I was never a big comic book guy, but Stan Lee's influence was pretty hard to miss.

Wikipedia shows he died.

The guy sure did step up the comic book superhero game! I doubt I can list half of what he did (I'm not a huge comic book guy) but the guy didn't just put Marvel on the map, he redrew the whole map.

Stan Lee will never die.

RIP to an American icon, whose contribution to fantasy and comic books will never be forgotten.

RIP. Marvel comics was a big influence on me growing up. I would regularly go to the comics store to get the latest issues.

Rest in Peace, Stan Lee.

RIP, Stan Lee!
We do not have enough creative people, he was one of the great ones of his medium.

Will be missed.. especially the cameos in the marvel movies.

Stan Lee Dead at 95 | TMZ.com

This is still pretty breaking news, but he's reportedly had some health issues and is over 90 years old.

If true, then RIP. I was never a big comic book guy, but Stan Lee's influence was pretty hard to miss.

Stan Lee got to live to see his creations grow out of obscurity to be worth billions and each character in their own right blockbuster powerhouses beloved the world over. He got to see his creations come to life and he got to play a role in almost all of the MCU movies. I was never into comics much growing up, but the Iron Man movie blew me away. The first part of the movie is probably one of the best origin stories in the entire MCU. RIP Stan Lee.

Waiting for a major news outlet to confirm it. So far all I see are “reports say”.

ETA: AP just reported family attorney confirmed it. Damn it.

Rest in Peace.

Stan Lee.jpg

Just started re-watching IRONMAN 2 yesterday and saw him. Stan Lee had very brief cameos in all those movies, didn't he?

Loss of an icon, RIP sir.

A true GIANT in his field. A life well lived and he brought enjoyment to hundreds of millions of people.

Terrible news.

RIP

Rest In Peace Stan Lee. Thanks for everything you have given us mere mortals.

Just started re-watching IRONMAN 2 yesterday and saw him. Stan Lee had very brief cameos in all those movies, didn't he?

Yep. Every single one. Even in the ones not directly tied to the current MCU.

Sad news. He's one of the few people that molded a part of our country's collective culture.

Stan Lee will never die.

Well he did have a pacemaker implanted. And unless they cremated him that pacemaker is still firing and will until the battery is depleted.

Even the army is paying tribute to Stan Lee: https://twitter.com/USArmy/status/1062080157803012096/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1062080157803012096&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fthehill.com%2Fblogs%2Fin-the-know%2Fin-the-know%2F416294-us-army-pays-tribute-to-stan-lee-rest-in-peace-soldier

Rest in peace, Soldier. Comic book creator @TheRealStanLee has passed away at the age of 95. Lee served in the #USArmy Signal Corps during WWII from 1942-1945. We are deeply grateful for his service to our country and for his tremendous support to servicemembers. #Excelsior!

Vaya con Dios....

Lee was always a class act with me and my family.

Stan Lee signed a few items for us over the years.

This was one.

marvel.jpg

"Death is a primitive concept. I prefer to think of them as battling evil in another dimension."--The Last Starfighter

You will be missed.

-D

RIP. Gone too soon.

stan.jpg

Seriously though I think it would be a good idea if they used CGI to continue his cameos in the MCU

Back
Top Bottom