• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stale Beans… Coffee Party National Convention a Bust

Ockham

Noblesse oblige
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Gateway Pundit said:
The Cocoa Party, One Nation, “F*ck Tea“ Coffee Party members met this past weekend in Louisville to hold their first national convention.
350 people showed up.]
It was a bust.

Bummer.
The Courrier-Journal reported:

The Coffee Party USA — which was founded on Facebook and is holding its first national convention in Louisville this weekend — bills itself as a more thoughtful and reasoned alternative to the tea party.

Saturday night the organization held a panel discussion, part of its three-day “Restoring American Democracy” convention, that included bloggers, college professors and communications strategists talking about what they can do to make politics more inclusive. They also discussed how to draw more disenfranchised voters back into the democratic process.

The discussion before about 350 people at the Galt House touched on policy, politics and values and how to bridge the partisan divide.

At least they weren’t kicked out this time.

Gateway Pundit

I checked the Galt House, just to make sure their largest meeting room wasn't 350 seats, and it turns out they have accommodations of 124,000 square feet for 10 - 3,000 attendees for meetings. So meeting space wasn't the problem ... and it seems as though the Coffee Party really is stale. The media is paying no attention to them, coffee shops are throwing them out, and they're just not getting traction.
There's not even much speculation on them as I think they've become irrelevant.

"Be reasonable!" is not a cry that rallies the population.

Gateway Pundit

I checked the Galt House, just to make sure their largest meeting room wasn't 350 seats, and it turns out they have accommodations of 124,000 square feet for 10 - 3,000 attendees for meetings. So meeting space wasn't the problem ... and it seems as though the Coffee Party really is stale. The media is paying no attention to them, coffee shops are throwing them out, and they're just not getting traction.
There's not even much speculation on them as I think they've become irrelevant.

There's a Coffee Party?

Actually, it is. "Be reasonable", is what the Tea Party is saying. The policies of the current administration are very unreasonable.

Actually, it is. "Be reasonable", is what the Tea Party is saying. The policies of the current administration are very unreasonable.

*facepalm*

Nor was it really the likelihood of results springing from the Coffee Party. It was merely a left-wing populist reaction to the reactionary populism of the right-wing, except a great deal less politically solvent than the Tea Party. I was not expecting the Tea Party to remain a relevant force in American politics, but so far it has impressed me.

Back
Top Bottom