• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stacey Abrams planning on running for GA governor again

ataraxia

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
With all the new safety measures by the GOP to try to stifle the African American and minority vote, it will be a miracle if she wins. But it's still quite interesting that she wants to run again.

Man, if the reaction of the GOP to having Obama as the first African-American man in the White House was the complete meltdown we have been seeing, I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like if she wins as the first African American woman governor ever. I really worry we will have a serious civil war on our hands at that point. I can already see Trump using this as a very effective rallying cry to his "second amendment types" come 2024. And be ready for cries of voter fraud- despite the fact that they have taken away all the safeguards on checks and balances in the election process there in favor of the GOP.

But Georgia is trending blue recently- so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

I think she definitely has a chance. Obviously, it will depend on how many minorities get out and vote.

(I need to explain, here, that I don't mean to imply that minorities vote only for people of their own skin color. I'm just saying that minorities tend to vote for Democrats, and I do believe she will get the Democratic nomination.)

With all the new safety measures by the GOP to try to stifle the African American and minority vote, it will be a miracle if she wins.
Not to worry!

Those big mean old Republicans could not stop the election of a fine gentleman of ethnicity X as the new mayor of Atlanta.

So there WILL be a "miracle": Ms. Abrams will be the next governor of Georgia.

And I bet dollars to donuts, that interim United States Senator will be elected to a full term.

Everything is coming up roses for the Dems.

But it's still quite interesting that she wants to run again.

What's interesting about someone who lusts for political power? All it means is she wants to rule over other people.

What's interesting about someone who lusts for political power? All it means is she wants to rule over other people.
What on earth are you talking about? The "luster" is this corrupt PoS,

Kemp abused his position, running in 2018 against Stacey Abrams, former Georgia State Senate minority leader.

Judge rules Georgia must phase out paperless voting ...​

https://thehill.com › homenews › state-watch › 457593-...

Aug 15, 2019 — A federal judge on Thursday ruled that the state of Georgia may not use direct-recording electronic (DRE) voting machines in any election ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/10/30/did-racially-motivated-voter-suppression-thwart-stacey-abrams/
October 30, 2019
"...Buttigieg’s remark caught our attention because he specifically said that the voter suppression was racially motivated and that it tipped the balance toward Republican Brian Kemp — who was directly responsible for overseeing the voting because he retained his post of secretary of state while he sought the governorship.

The Facts​

Kemp beat Abrams, who had been the Democratic leader in the Georgia House of Representatives, by 1.4 percent, or about 55,000 votes. The question is whether racially motivated efforts to suppress votes could have made the difference.
The weeks leading up to the election were dominated by questions of voter suppression, in part because of the unusual circumstance that Kemp refused to recuse himself from overseeing the election, so his every move was viewed with suspicion by the Abrams camp. In the closing days of the race, Kemp without evidence accused the Democrats of cybercrimes, apparently to distract from his office’s own voter-registration problems.

Kemp, in urging his side to sign up voters, in 2014 even framed the battle with Democrats in racial terms. “You know the Democrats are working hard, and all these stories about them, you know, registering all these minority voters that are out there and others that are sitting on the sidelines, if they can do that, they can win these elections in November,” he was recorded as saying. ..it is sometimes difficult to separate out race from efforts to win partisan advantage. In a state where virtually all blacks are Democrats — and many Democrats are black — can one reasonably separate efforts to reduce votes by Democrats from an effort to reduce votes by African Americans? In other words, what is politically motivated vs. racially motivated?.."

Complaints of Voter Suppression Loom Over Georgia ...​

https://www.nytimes.com › U.S. › Politics

Oct 11, 2018 — The office of Brian Kemp, Georgia's secretary of state and the Republican nominee for governor in November's election, has stalled more than ...

Georgia Governor Brian Kemp Faces Investigation by House ...​

https://www.nytimes.com › U.S. › Politics

Mar 6, 2019 — possible voting rights violations by Mr. Kemp, who presided over his own election ...

Georgia purged an estimated 107,000 people largely for not ...​

https://www.apmreports.org › georgia-voter-purge

Oct 19, 2018 — In a single day, more than half a million people — 8 percent of Georgia's registered voters — were cut from the voter rolls. Republican ...

Law Enforcement Files Discredit Brian Kemp's Accusation ...

https://www.propublica.org › article › law-enforcement...
May 29, 2020 — It was a stunning accusation: Two days before the 2018 election.. Republican Brian Kemp used his power as secretary of state ...

Honestly, if the GA Governor's election was in 2020 and not 2022, she likely would have won.

Ironically, if she does win in 2022, it will be because of Trump. Trump loathes Kemp, and will do everything to destroy Kemp in 2022, thereby fracturing the GA GOP, which could end up delivering Abraham's a victory. That and I believe black voters in GA will turn out in massive numbers in 2022, to re-elect Warnock.

Go, girl!(y)
Stacey Abrams is a girl ??????
Just kidding, I already heard that rumor.
Given all those voting changes she and Elias got through for the 2020 election I think she has a real shot against Kemp, assuming it'll be him.

With all the new safety measures by the GOP to try to stifle the African American and minority vote, it will be a miracle if she wins. But it's still quite interesting that she wants to run again.

Man, if the reaction of the GOP to having Obama as the first African-American man in the White House was the complete meltdown we have been seeing, I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like if she wins as the first African American woman governor ever. I really worry we will have a serious civil war on our hands at that point. I can already see Trump using this as a very effective rallying cry to his "second amendment types" come 2024. And be ready for cries of voter fraud- despite the fact that they have taken away all the safeguards on checks and balances in the election process there in favor of the GOP.

But Georgia is trending blue recently- so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Go Stacey, She would have been a much better VP than the dumb ineffective Kamala Harris. I think that Biden was afraid to pick her because she would have easily outshone him.

If David Perdue runs for governor against Kemp in the primary it could split the republican ticket giving Abrams an even better chance to win in 2022. :D

She would be a good choice to do so.

Based on what? There's plenty of evidence that she can't even run her own life, so why would she be a "good choice" to rule over other people?

Based on what? There's plenty of evidence that she can't even run her own life, so why would she be a "good choice" to rule over other people?
I would think if she were a good choice, then Biden would have selected her for vice president.

She is a very intelligent and forceful person and would be an excellent leader. It is because of her that the Democrats won the Senate seats in her state and now control the Senate.

Trump cheated on his pregnant third wife with a prostitute and then paid her hush money to stay quiet, and still got found out. That’s knowing how to run your own life? Hahaha!

Back
Top Bottom