• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stacey Abrams adviser said burning police car, smashing windows isn't 'violence' after anti-cop chaos

I'm seeing a lot of outrage over tweets.

Right, but I don't remember anyone's position being that people weren't allowed to be outraged over tweets.

View attachment 67433897
Atop adviser for Stacey Abrams' voting rights nonprofit defended anti-cop activists who set a police car ablaze and smashed windows while protesting the death of an environmental activist this past weekend in Atlanta.
Marisa Pyle, a senior rapid response manager at Abrams' Fair Fight Action, who also worked as a senior manager for Abrams' One Georgia leadership committee during her most recent failed Georgia gubernatorial run, rushed to defend the anti-police protesters and the ensuing chaos'
"You cannot commit violence against a window or a car. Killing a human? Now that, that is violence," Pyle wrote on Twitter this past weekend.

Burning down a proprietor's business isn't violence?
That explains Seattle, Baltimore, Minneapolis, Ferguson, Portland,etc.....
She meant no people were attacked.

This isn't rocket science.

I get it dude, in spite of all the convictions, you're still holding out for an equivalency between what you, and both sides types support, and the left.

Grrrrrrr.
Well found out your super power is stupid comments.

Perhaps we could solve the whole "people rioting because of the violent actions of the police" problem by making an example of and prosecuting the police who do it. Then we would have fewer rioters to make examples of.
Seems so ****ing simple, doesn’t it? Why not get to the root cause of the protests, and stop it there?

By that logic with all liberals who kept calling for and applauded Trump’s ban from Twitter means they never supported free speech to begin with.

Hogwash. Actions have consequences. Trump repeatedly violated the TOS, and that’s why he was banned. He got away with far more than most before they finally got tired of it and cut him loose.

View attachment 67433897
Atop adviser for Stacey Abrams' voting rights nonprofit defended anti-cop activists who set a police car ablaze and smashed windows while protesting the death of an environmental activist this past weekend in Atlanta.
Marisa Pyle, a senior rapid response manager at Abrams' Fair Fight Action, who also worked as a senior manager for Abrams' One Georgia leadership committee during her most recent failed Georgia gubernatorial run, rushed to defend the anti-police protesters and the ensuing chaos'
"You cannot commit violence against a window or a car. Killing a human? Now that, that is violence," Pyle wrote on Twitter this past weekend.

I guess Jan 6 wasn't violence either.

All I'm saying is broad strokes is broad strokes. Damage to property hurts pockets, and makes people concerned. That's always been the goal. Why is anyone surprised it would happen again?

The thing that confuses me is that if you have a noble cause and a noble protest, how do you tackle the issue of opportunists and infiltrators? If the problem is coming from within your group, then that's a basic leadership and messaging issue. But when bad faith actors have infiltrated your protest, what the hell are you supposed to do about that when it's in law enforcement's interests to augment the role of those bad actors?

Perhaps we could solve the whole "people rioting because of the violent actions of the police" problem by making an example of and prosecuting the police who do it. Then we would have fewer rioters to make examples of.
You mean rioting after the police killed someone who shot a police officer? Why should anyone care what they think if that's going to set them off. I still remember seeing a video of a protest march for a person that killed like three police officers being killed, as if somehow that was unjust.

Democrats of all colors would rather protect propety and stand by simple maxims that get more complex when mostly white people are destroying property. The same goes for GOP and both siders with internet access. It is embarrassing.

Some consitutiencies with blacks and whites and Asians and Latinos live in violent neighborhoods, due to many factors, and have to make due with few resources, alongside aggressive police forces, while some constituencies have outright fiefdoms with almost no government oversight. It's not just black people out there getting themselves killed by cops for existing in whatever form. White homeless people are thriving and yet being swallowed by all productivity taken away from America through technobro projects like outsourcing and government programs to literally stratify the country in a dozen different ways.

If the elites are guilty of anything is that they have sapped much of the country's potential human growth. It's now nothing but service jobs for most of the US populace in white elite encampments all over the country where some stuff is allowed. Add to that having to put up with cops kicking your shit in.

It's probably time to not make it so hard on poor Americans who can't afford VR to live, guys. I say they start somewhere easy like lowering rents for a while.

Last edited:
You mean rioting after the police killed someone who shot a police officer? Why should anyone care what they think if that's going to set them off. I still remember seeing a video of a protest march for a person that killed like three police officers being killed, as if somehow that was unjust.

I may in fact be on the wrong incident of police killing people. Sad that it is so frequent.

The thing that confuses me is that if you have a noble cause and a noble protest, how do you tackle the issue of opportunists and infiltrators?

Who cares? Neither of those things are illegal. People get arrested at BLM rallies for all kinds of stuff, legal and illegal.

Some can shoot up a busload of kids, and be taken peacebly. A traffic stop can be deadly to law abiding citizens. Policing ain't an exact science, bad apples, please don't cut down diseased apple trees or else.

You ain't wagging fingers at anyone, Cardinal.

Fox News told you that the rioting was worse than the cops shooting and killing a human being.
A human being who took a shot at them? My own theory is that, if fewer people survived shootouts with cops; fewer would start them.

Are we going to have to add "nonviolent" (along with "mostly peaceful") to the list of euphamisms for left wing rioters looting, burning and destroying property?

Are we going to have to listent to the angry but empty rants from fearful right wingers going on about riots and looting that isn’t happening?

This is the only such event in the last two years. And yet, the Fox/talk radio/someguyontheinternet right wing is convinced that every city is burning every day. Thanks in no small part to the constant b-roll that Fox and its imitators play to scare their audiences.

Is that how Jan 6th worked?

View attachment 67433897

No wonder Abrams lost the last election....

She has morons running her groups.

Reactions: Bum
Are we going to have to add "nonviolent" (along with "mostly peaceful") to the list of euphamisms for left wing rioters looting, burning and destroying property?
And "symbolic taking" to replace "looting".
That one is brought to us by History Revisionist Nikole Hannah-Jones

I think we need to be careful about broad-brushing all looting, rioting, burning, and destruction of property as "violence".

People sometimes do stupid things when they're angry but if they're really, REALLY angry, we have to allow for a little nuance...
Reminds me of that Baltimore pinhead who said "we should give them room to destroy" (or something to that effect).

Who hasn’t peacefully burnt a cop car.
"He burnt that cop car!"
"Yes, but he did it peacefully. Notice how he was calm when he poured the gasoline all over it?"

View attachment 67433897

make it stoop the stupid it hurts!

That was a stupid comment.

Back
Top Bottom