• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stacey Abrams adviser said burning police car, smashing windows isn't 'violence' after anti-cop chaos

"My comprehension is generally impeccable."
Apparently not. I asked the question 'What did he do to escalate the situation'. The term 'escalate' is not equivalent to the term 'provoke'.

The question is most certainly pertinent and most certainly relevant in that what occurred isn't the typical police officer response to a situation which hasn't been escalated.

Your surrender is acceptable. Have a nice day.

Your question was an obvious attempt to blame the victim for the situation as if there is something someone could do to deserve to be beat to death.

It's not me that looks bad that you went there.

Your question was an obvious attempt to blame the victim for the situation as if there is something someone could do to deserve to be beat to death.
Either you don't know what the 'obvious' means, or you can't recognize a legitimate question in search of the facts which doesn't blame anyone for anything.

It's not me that looks bad that you went there.
You reading 'blame' into such a question and setting up the strawman argument with it, which you did, that doesn't look good on you.

My assumption is that cops don't go around and randomly beating people to death. It is apparent that you believe cop do go around and randomly beating people to death.
Which assumption do you think the statistics would support?

Either you don't know what the 'obvious' means, or you can't recognize a legitimate question in search of the facts which doesn't blame anyone for anything.

You reading 'blame' into such a question setting up the strawman argument you did, that doesn't look good on you. My assumption is that cops don't go around and randomly beating people to death. It is apparent that you believe cop do go around and randomly beating people to death.

I do not believe any such thing, I think there is little that one could to to justify being beaten to death.

When I posted an image of a man in the ICU after a police beating, your question wasn't "what could the man have possibly done to provoke a beating that would leave him dead?" it was "How much did this person needlessly escalate the situation?".

The problem isn't that I have incorrectly assumed you meant to victim blame, but rather that I can read and understand what people mean by words.

Which assumption do you think the statistics would support?

I'd also like to see the statistics on fully justified police beatings that last for atleast three minuits and end in the death of the victim.

I do not believe any such thing, I think there is little that one could to to justify being beaten to death.

When I posted an image of a man in the ICU after a police beating, your question wasn't "what could the man have possibly done to provoke a beating that would leave him dead?" it was "How much did this person needlessly escalate the situation?".
What do you think would have happened had this individual simply complied with the assumed legal requests the cops made?
I say assumed, because we don't have the facts of the matter, and we probably won't until the trial, or after the trial.

The typical fact pattern in these cases has been that the subject escalated situation, and the cops have responded to that escalation.
I can't think of a single case where it was the cops who escalated the situation, can you cite such an instance?

That you find that statement objectionable reinforces my previous assertion, to which you have yet to respond or defend, that you believe that cops simply go around and randomly beat people, which isn't in evidence.

The problem isn't that I have incorrectly assumed you meant to victim blame, but rather that I can read and understand what people mean by words.
More so the case that you read into other people's words what you want to be there.

I'd also like to see the statistics on fully justified police beatings that last for atleast three minuits and end in the death of the victim.
Have at it. Let me know what you find.

What do you think would have happened had this individual simply complied with the assumed legal requests the cops made?
I say assumed, because we don't have the facts of the matter, and we probably won't until the trial, or after the trial.

The typical fact pattern in these cases has been that the subject escalated situation, and the cops have responded to that escalation.
I can't think of a single case where it was the cops who escalated the situation, can you cite such an instance?

That you find that statement objectionable reinforces my previous assertion, to which you have yet to respond or defend, that you believe that cops simply go around and randomly beat people, which isn't in evidence.

More so the case that you read into other people's words what you want to be there.

Have at it. Let me know what you find.

See, you did intend to victim blame but you don't have the self awareness to realize it.

View attachment 67433897
Atop adviser for Stacey Abrams' voting rights nonprofit defended anti-cop activists who set a police car ablaze and smashed windows while protesting the death of an environmental activist this past weekend in Atlanta.
Marisa Pyle, a senior rapid response manager at Abrams' Fair Fight Action, who also worked as a senior manager for Abrams' One Georgia leadership committee during her most recent failed Georgia gubernatorial run, rushed to defend the anti-police protesters and the ensuing chaos'
"You cannot commit violence against a window or a car. Killing a human? Now that, that is violence," Pyle wrote on Twitter this past weekend.

Burning down a proprietor's business isn't violence?
That explains Seattle, Baltimore, Minneapolis, Ferguson, Portland,etc.....
This article is about someone using the wrong definition for a word.

Pfff. More so following the typical fact pattern.

Police beat a man to death for three minuets, your response: "What do you think would have happened had this individual simply complied with the assumed legal requests the cops made?"

That right there is textbook victim blaming. Wrapped up in a bow.

I think I'm done with you now, try to cultivate a bit of self awareness, it helps a lot.

I haven't even been able to find a hypothetical justification let alone a correct one.
So you are basing your opinion on a distinct lack of facts then? Just not self-aware enough to realize it?

Pretty sure that the trial will make all the facts public.

See, you did intend to victim blame but you don't have the self awareness to realize it.
Do you think being insulting helps your argument?

So you are basing your opinion on a distinct lack of facts then? Just not self-aware enough to realize it?

I was talking about how to parse the statistics. How to differentiate the times when people were beaten to death for three minuets for justified reasons and when not.

Perhaps you would like to try to sort that out for me with your pretense of objectivity.

Police beat a man to death for three minuets, your response: "What do you think would have happened had this individual simply complied with the assumed legal requests the cops made?"
Taking 2 sentences out of context is dishonest.

"What do you think would have happened had this individual simply complied with the assumed legal requests the cops made?"
Is a hypothetical.

That right there is textbook victim blaming. Wrapped up in a bow.
You sure have a vivid imagination.

No question he resisted arrest. Simply resisting arrest is no excuse for beating him to death though. These cops will be convicted.

I was talking about how to parse the statistics. How to differentiate the times when people were beaten to death for three minuets for justified reasons and when not.
Blame the cop all wrapped up with a bow.

I'm not saying that the trial isn't going to come to that conclusion, nor that the trail shouldn't, but it's clear your coming to that conclusion on the minimal facts known at this time, pretty clear you are predisposition to blame the cop, facts be damned.

Taking 2 sentences out of context is dishonest.

"What do you think would have happened had this individual simply complied with the assumed legal requests the cops made?"
Is a hypothetical.

You sure have a vivid imagination.

It's a hypothetical to justify the polices actions and blame the victim. Now I really do think your comprehension is a bit low.

Blame the cop all wrapped up with a bow.

Yeah I blame the cop for beating an unarmed civilian to death at a traffic stop. I thought I was clear on that. As I said, I can't even find a hypothetical justification for it.

View attachment 67433897
Atop adviser for Stacey Abrams' voting rights nonprofit defended anti-cop activists who set a police car ablaze and smashed windows while protesting the death of an environmental activist this past weekend in Atlanta.
Marisa Pyle, a senior rapid response manager at Abrams' Fair Fight Action, who also worked as a senior manager for Abrams' One Georgia leadership committee during her most recent failed Georgia gubernatorial run, rushed to defend the anti-police protesters and the ensuing chaos'
"You cannot commit violence against a window or a car. Killing a human? Now that, that is violence," Pyle wrote on Twitter this past weekend.

Burning down a proprietor's business isn't violence?
That explains Seattle, Baltimore, Minneapolis, Ferguson, Portland,etc.....
If Abrams can continue to tell people she is the rightful governor of Georgia, then she is capable of saying anything.
Just like that idiot mayor, Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, who said back in 2015:

Baltimore Mayor: 'Gave Those Who Wished to Destroy Space to Do That'​

Yeah I blame the cop for beating an unarmed civilian to death at a traffic stop. I thought I was clear on that. As I said, I can't even find a hypothetical justification for it.
But aren't you glad the cops were all black and none were white?
It could've been another series of BLM-led riots just like after George Floyd's death.

Um... I blame autocorrect. Yes definitely autocorrect. It should be persecuted.
thesimpsons-autocorrect.gif

But aren't you glad the cops were all black and none were white?
It could've been another series of BLM-led riots just like after George Floyd's death.

It really shouldn't matter what color everyone's skin was, the way policing is done is the problem.

The crappiest effects of this kind of adversarial police system are mostly felt by minorities though because of where they live and how they are thought of historically. The crappy way the police are set up to do this has a lot to do people who don't feel those effects and can turn a blind eye.

Change has very rarely happened in human history with peaceful marches.
I’m not saying i would be out there burning cars personally but I understand that outlet.
US police killed 1200 people last year and they continue to move from scandal to scandal with no clear attempts to reform. Eventually something has to give.

I’m not saying i would be out there burning cars personally but I understand that outlet.
US police killed 1200 people last year and they continue to move from scandal to scandal with no clear attempts to reform. Eventually something has to give.
MLK. Civil rights marches? Seismic change without violent "protests"

We've been trying the peaceful marches for over half a century. Ghandi would have failed at peace too if the British simply decided not to leave.

And in 2021 cops killed 217 in England and Wales - same proportion as in the US

Back
Top Bottom