• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stabbing horror in Japan ‘leaves at least 19 dead and 45 injured after knifeman attac

Re: Stabbing horror in Japan ‘leaves at least 19 dead and 45 injured after knifeman a

If you're ever in a situation where someone is coming at you (or others) with a knife, a chair or bar stool is the perfect defense. Just charge at him with one of those, legs first, and you'll do some serious damage.

I have a scar on my back where I learned first hand, that stupid nightstick they give you on Shore Patrol does not do a damned thing. It is designed to break (and does) with a certain amount of force, leaving you with only the grip in your hand....and a sliced dress whites jumper & back.

From then on, I always looked for, and fought over, the few hickory CHP batons we had in the bucket.

As for the OP, this guy had to be some kind of maniacal killer to be able to use a knife so effectively and without conscience to kill 19 people with one.

Can you imagine the terror they experienced knowing they were lying their helpless awaiting their turn as they saw or heard the guy going down each room or row?

That is why I did not consider the vegetable comment all that funny.

Oh, well, some have EMPATHY, and some have none.

Re: Stabbing horror in Japan ‘leaves at least 19 dead and 45 injured after knifeman a

Sad to see so many making fun of the murder of 19 people.. absolutely disgusting.

I am generally appalled at the behavior of my countrymen in a lot of cases.

Once in France, I was showing a fellow Texan some rose bubble bath I bought for my wife because it smelled so fresh and nice. He was a recent A&M graduate.

He commented, "Why did you buy her that"? "She must really stink".

I just got up and left.

Cracking his skull at the sidewalk bistro would have only resulted in me missing out on the rest of my liberty, of which was very enjoyable up to that point.

19 helpless disabled Japanese dead, and we are cracking jokes.

The ugly American shines on yet again.

The knife attacker was named as Satoshi Uematsu, which is a Japanese name. Uematsu was fired by the center after he tested positive for marijuana in February, which was the prime motive for the attack. He also sent a menacing letter to the prime minister in the same month when he was sacked, in which he hinted at euthanizing disabled people in the future.

Geezus. For 5 months that monster has been plotting the deaths of innocent, disabled people. Horrific.

I heard about the letter he sent to Japan's government in February. Was he still working there when he sent the letter? Apparently he was hospitalized briefly after sending the letter but we released. I haven't heard what he's been doing since then.

Details of what happened seem to be a little sketchy. Apparently he used a hammer or something to break into the place in the middle of the night, and he also tied a staffer up. How few people do they actually have working there that enabled him to roam from room to room to stab over 40 people? And how the hell did he make it out of there?

Yea, just goes to show that even without a gun, a madman can easily kill tons of people if they attack the right area and at the right time.

It just shows the you Americans are terrible shots with whatever gun you have, and without an automatic you would mess every time

It just shows the you Americans are terrible shots with whatever gun you have, and without an automatic you would mess every time

Chuck Mawhinney, Carlos Hathcock, Chris Kyle, Tim Murphy, Gary Gordon and Randy Shugart say otherwise. So do more then a few others.

Japan should better regulate their knives and put an all out ban on samurai swords.

They do have some rather strict laws on swords, I believe.

They do have some rather strict laws on swords, I believe.

Have they closed the sword show loophole yet?

a .357 magnum is the perfect defense. just point the muzzle at the knifer and pull the trigger, you'll do some seriously (likely fatal) damage to the aggressor.

Life ain't a movie, you feel me?

Reminds me of this comedy routine:

apologies in advance for coming off insensitive about the topic

Chuck Mawhinney, Carlos Hathcock, Chris Kyle, Tim Murphy, Gary Gordon and Randy Shugart say otherwise. So do more then a few others.

I only heard of one of them, because he got himself shot.

It's appalling that many of you find murder of the elderly and disabled a punchline to a joke.

What an utterly stupid comment.

Sad to see so many making fun of the murder of 19 people.. absolutely disgusting.

Thank you. I was beginning to think I was in the ****ing twilight zone.

Yeah, a tragedy where dozens of highly vulnerable people were injured or killed is the perfect place to crack a bunch of bigoted jokes. What is wrong with people?

Yes but it's true isn't it

Just sad.

Back
Top Bottom