• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SSK Industries "Fat Mac" .95 JDJ Rifle

I don't think I could do 5 consecutive of .458.

We had an M82 for a while but decided it was overkill and went back to the M40 .308.
I had bought the Remington .458 Win. Mag. in Los Angeles prior to my move to Alaska in anticipation of hunting brown bear. However, after a living for a few years in Alaska I decided that I had no interest in eating bear, and it was costing me ~$5/shot, so I sold the rifle.

Last edited:
I had bought the Remington .458 Win. Mag. in Los Angeles prior to my move to Alaska in anticipation of hunting brown bear. However, after a living for a few years in Alaska I decided that I had no interest in eating bear, and it was costing me ~$5/shot, so I sold the rifle.
Yeah, I got a buddy with a desert eagle .50. He lets it sit on a shelf for the same reason.

This is supposed to be a gun control forum. The moderators allow off-topic threads ...
Stop playing mod, wipe away your tears, and runnoft

T-rex is .577 and it knocks folks three feet backwards.
You can tell some of them never fired a shot in their life. While maybe 1-2 had but weren't warned of a good recoil.

Can't even guess what shooting .95 is gonna be like.

I've fired .50 BMGs not M2s but Barret's off hand (standing up) but the .95 SSK? **** that. Prone maybe.

What would one hunt with this?

1664576904030.png

I guess anything he wanted to.
As long as he doesn't have to carry that monstrosity more than 50 feet to get to his blind.

As long as he doesn't have to carry that monstrosity more than 50 feet to get to his blind.

Wheels.

And a split trail gun carriage.

Reactions: lwf
What would one hunt with this?

View attachment 67415789
Anything they wanted, past or present.

With a 2,400 to 2,600 grain bullet, it makes the 750 grain .50 cal. BMG look tiny by comparison. That is more than four tons of energy packed into less than one inch in diameter. Nothing that is currently living, or has ever lived, could withstand that kind of energy.

Reactions: lwf
The Second Amendment acknowledges our right to "keep and bear arms," but in the case of this rifle you are stretching the limit of what an individual can "bear."

Back
Top Bottom