• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Srs

Im kind of frustrated right now. I really want to come out to my parents about my transsexuality but cant work up the courage. I have friends who said they will will help (I have the best friends in the world) but I just cant get myself to say something to them. I even had an opportunity today when my dad noticed there was still nail polish on my nails but i just changed the subject.

Im starting to get to the point where I need to tell them or im going to have some sort of breakdown. I was just reading stories and looking at pictures of transitions people went through and im just need to vent and this is really the only way I have to vent so here I am.

you could write them a letter. it might be easier for both of you, and then they could have some time to think about how they want to respond.

Get over yourself. If people could do it years ago when it was unpopular, you can muster up some balls (no pun intended) to tell your folks. 3 deep breaths and make the call. Good luck!

Will it really be that big a surpise to them? I don't know how old you are, but kids sometimes don't give their parents enough credit when it comes to knowing what's going on in their lives.

LuckyDan;bt993 said:
Will it really be that big a surpise to them? I don't know how old you are, but kids sometimes don't give their parents enough credit when it comes to knowing what's going on in their lives.

Probably wont be a huge surprise to be honest but still. I talked to a friend of mine about her helping me talk to them and when I get back in town in like 2 weeks im going to tell them.

To liblady-A letter kind of feels impersonal so I would rather not do it that way.

Wakeupnow-True. Doesnt make it easier though.

Last edited:
did you consider why it is important for you to tell your parents? Other than implode...

Back
Top Bottom