• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Spud Fit Challenge day 99 - BLOOD TEST RESULTS & weigh in day & filming

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
this guy is living off from nothing but potatoes and getting healthier by the day. you guys said he'd die without meat

Spud Fit Challenge day 99 - BLOOD TEST RESULTS & weigh in day & filming for The Project.

Published on Apr 8, 2016
This year I'm eating nothing but potatoes - Today I'm getting my BLOOD TEST RESULTS!! & weigh in day & filming for The Project.

Gotta wonder if his brain is not getting enough food.

If God had meant us to eat a strictly plant diet he wouldn't have given us incisors.

so that's how you should eat too.

right?

They were tougher than mr potato head and smart enough to not choose a poor diet.
Double win for Shackleton and his crew.

You can survive without meat. You can survive without fruits or veggies.

My question to both of those is...why would you want to?

I will tell you that if he were older a strictly potato diet would be off the agenda due to the wild sugar swings it can produce as it is one of the WORST foods for that. The advice my father was given was to eat potatoes 2 or 3 times a week at most because of that.

They were tougher than mr potato head and smart enough to not choose a poor diet.
Double win for Shackleton and his crew.

no,actually they had no choice but to survive only on meat. think more, post less.

I will tell you that if he were older a strictly potato diet would be off the agenda due to the wild sugar swings it can produce as it is one of the WORST foods for that. The advice my father was given was to eat potatoes 2 or 3 times a week at most because of that.

that's not true. you can live off from starchy carbs.

no,actually they had no choice but to survive only on meat. think more, post less.

Yes they had no choice mr potato head does, he chooses to eat poorly. Given the choice Shackletons's would have eaten healthier. Hence they smarter.

Try thinking more and posting less.

There is a huge amount of controversy on this. Seems to me that science should be able to get to the bottom of it, though I have heard that the potato lobby does its best to prevent this from happening. They do have an abnormal amount of power.

There is also the matter that in reality no one eats just a potato, there is stuff put in or on it, often a lot. AND, how it is prepared might make a lot of difference in how the body reacts to it.

I skimmed through the video, does this guy ever tell us exactly how he prepares his potato, and what else he eats with his potatoes?

Spud_meister put you up to this, didn't he?

that's not true. you can live off from starchy carbs.

Not so much with type 2 diabetes. It causes sugar swings and stresses the body, if there are alternatives they are recommended.

That has no real discussion on carb consumption for diabetes avoidance.

We had this same discussion on the $50/week diet for 4 where 30 pounds of cooked white rice was the largest source of calories. I documented the diabetic risk for such a diet, potatoes are nearly as bad, and a diet of just potatoes is worse insanity than what was proposed then.

Ya but when China was poor and people ate very little animal protein and starchy rice was something like 80% of their caloric intake it was said that they were some of the healthiest people on the planet. What kind of carbs, how much of it you eat, when you eat it, and what you eat with it all seem to matter. The American custom of not accepting any answer that is not an easy answer does not work here.

EDIT: I note that the traditional Zen Monastery meal was almost all rice and pickled vegetables.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom