• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Springfield Pastor Plans To Burn Quran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: (New) Pastor Plans To Burn Quran

Let's not forget the hanging of homosexuals, 'honour' killing and punishment of rape victims!

Why, those things would howled down 24 hours a day by the hypocritical liberal-left morons had George Bush ordered them!

Prophet Muhammad says "Kill Your Daughters"!

- Read the comments (many from Muslims) and video description for overwhelming evidence of the depravity of devout Islamic culture! No wonder so many came to the West to ESCAPE the Muhammadean paradise half a century ago!

Last edited:

Indonesia the worlds third largest Democracy also has the worlds largest Muslim population and a female President.

Democratic Pakistan, riddled with terrorist agents and camps, also had a female leader. They killed her.

Point nulled.

Last edited:

"To the Muslim church I would say the reason I am doing on Saturday because I believe they worship a false god. They have a false text, a false prophet and a false scripture," said Old.

jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-1218659828.jpg

Generalizing Muslims eh?

Survey of Muslim world, Feb 2009

* 76 percent of Pakistanis want strict sharia in every Islamic country.
* 76 percent of Moroccans want strict sharia in every Islamic country.
* 90 percent of Palestinians support killing American troops in Iraq. And yet America is giving the Palestinians $1 billion in aid!
* 83 percent of Egyptians support killing American troops in Iraq. And yet America gives Egypt $2 billion in aid every year!
* 68 percent of Moroccans support killing American troops in Iraq.
* 40 percent in Turkey support killing American troops in Iraq. And yet America is pushing for its "ally" Turkey to be let into the EU.
* 83 percent of Egyptians support killing American troops in Afghanistan.
* 61 percent of Moroccans support killing American troops in Afghanistan.
* 78 percent of Palestinians have "positive" or "mixed" feelings towards Bin Laden.
* 69 percent of Egyptians have "positive" or "mixed" feelings towards Bin Laden.
* 53 percent of Moroccans have "positive" or "mixed" feelings towards Bin Laden.
* 51 percent of Pakistanis have "positive" or "mixed" feelings towards Bin Laden.

The Jawa Report: Poll of Muslim World Gives Few Reasons for Hope

I'll ask of you what I asked of someone else - let's have the facts so we can debate them! Don't hide behind hyperbole and innuendo.

Pot, meet kettle. :lol:

I've shot my bolt and provided links galore to back them up. Let's hear you out.

If you're talking about this thread and your assertion regarding all those collaborators and sympathizers, you've failed. Sorry. If you're trying to prove something that sweeping, anecdotal evidence isn't good for anything but stand-up routines.

And while we're at it, let us all hear you outline the context of the Koran, why and how it was written and for what purpose. (And don't just say 'God'.)

Wow, why not just ask me to do a detailed analysis of its entire text while you're at it? :lol:

Survey of Muslim world, Feb 2009

Huzzah for 18 month-old data! :lol:

* 76 percent of Pakistanis want strict sharia in every Islamic country.
* 76 percent of Moroccans want strict sharia in every Islamic country.

Meaningless. There's no one unified code of Sharia law, much less "strict" Sharia law.

* 90 percent of Palestinians support killing American troops in Iraq. And yet America is giving the Palestinians $1 billion in aid!
* 83 percent of Egyptians support killing American troops in Iraq. And yet America gives Egypt $2 billion in aid every year!
* 68 percent of Moroccans support killing American troops in Iraq.
* 40 percent in Turkey support killing American troops in Iraq. And yet America is pushing for its "ally" Turkey to be let into the EU.
* 83 percent of Egyptians support killing American troops in Afghanistan.
* 61 percent of Moroccans support killing American troops in Afghanistan.

Probably because they think we shouldn't be there, and because there have been a number of incidents in those countries perpetrated by Americans that have made us look pretty ****ty as a nation.

* 78 percent of Palestinians have "positive" or "mixed" feelings towards Bin Laden.
* 69 percent of Egyptians have "positive" or "mixed" feelings towards Bin Laden.
* 53 percent of Moroccans have "positive" or "mixed" feelings towards Bin Laden.
* 51 percent of Pakistanis have "positive" or "mixed" feelings towards Bin Laden.

Meaningless. What the hell does "positive" or "mixed" mean, and for that matter how many of them actually had "positive" feelings? Those numbers don't actually tell you.

ETA:

But wait, there's more! I tried to click through the link on Jawa's site for the original source data and got an error 404!

Well, ****, that's a reputable source for SURE! :lol:

Last edited:

Pot, meet kettle.

It's bloody slogans now!

If you're talking about this thread and your assertion regarding all those collaborators and sympathizers, you've failed. Sorry. If you're trying to prove something that sweeping, anecdotal evidence isn't good for anything but stand-up routines.

And with that, a whole body of evidence running through the links, spanning many months of writing and taking a huge amount of time to read through and analyse and balance, is arbitrarily dismissed!

You must be a clever little boy to have digested all that lot in a few hours! Now let's have your evaluation with counter-evidence on every point raised. I could learn a lot from you professor!

Wow, why not just ask me to do a detailed analysis of its entire text while you're at it?

So, you can't come up with anything concrete, no matter how concise - just pat ridicule and invalidation. Well, there's a persuasive academic rebuttal!

I thought we were going to have the facts at long last!

Last edited:

Democratic Pakistan, riddled with terrorist agents and camps, also had a female leader. They killed her.

Point nulled.

Point not nulled assassination happens.

I really don't care about them burning Korans, it isn't going to do them any favors. i think it is kind of hypocritical how so many Muslims are upset by the threat of these book burnings while some of them probably have burned quite few bibles.

The difference, America doesn't really care if you burn bibles. We just ignore it and move on, no biggy.

And with that, a whole body of evidence running through the links, spanning many months of writing and taking a huge amount of time to read through and analyse and balance, is arbitrarily dismissed!

You must be a clever little boy to have digested all that lot in a few hours! Now let's have your evaluation with counter-evidence on every point raised. I could learn a lot from you professor!

I looked at the subjects of those threads, they were anecdotes.

Are you saying that you've got something more concrete and useful there? Maybe you should point me to what in particular you want to talk about, rather than burying me in a heap of rubbish.

So, you can't come up with anything concrete, no matter how concise - just pat ridicule and invalidation. Well, there's a persuasive academic rebuttal!

It's hard to respond to your alarmist anecdotes with anything more serious than a :lol:. Sorry.

I thought we were going to have the facts at long last!

So, you ask me a question with a scope bigger than this whole forum, and then you scoff at me for refusing to take up your homework assignment. Brilliant! :lol:

Huzzah for 18 month-old data!

Yeah, the entire Muslim world has undergone a complete revision to the ways of peace, democracy and tolerance since then hasn't it!

Meaningless. There's no one unified code of Sharia law, much less "strict" Sharia law.

Cutting limbs off and stoning rape victims aside, imposition of Sharia in ANY form across the non-Muslim world is EVIL and TOTALITARIAN. But then, being on the liberal-left, inclinations of that kind come naturally for some posters!

Probably because they think we shouldn't be there, and because there have been a number of incidents in those countries perpetrated by Americans that have made us look pretty ****ty as a nation.

Well in that case, an orgy of illegal guerilla murder is just what the doctor ordered. Or, rather, Muhammad, who said 'slay the unbelievers wherever you find them. Lay in wait and ambush them and show them how harsh you can be'.

Meaningless. What the hell does "positive" or "mixed" mean, and for that matter how many of them actually had "positive" feelings? Those numbers don't actually tell you.

'Positive' means they thought good of him and 'mixed' means they thought he was generally OK.

I thought you liberals were supposed to know everything. Up in government your lot throw their weight around and proctor every thought as if they do!

I looked at the subjects of those threads, they were anecdotes.

Newspaper articles, government statistics, academic links, documentary shows and political opinion articles alike? Blimey, you've got some dictionary-reading to do!

It's hard to respond to your alarmist anecdotes with anything more serious than a . Sorry.

Point confirmed.

So, you ask me a question with a scope bigger than this whole forum, and then you scoff at me for refusing to take up your homework assignment. Brilliant!

Well, you're the one telling me I'm wrong in my fundamental attitude, so let's revise it from the ground-up.

You need not go into screeds of text. Concise paragraphs barely longer than mine will suffice, with a link or two for deeper info.

If you know what you're talking about it'll come easy.

Last edited:

Yeah, the entire Muslim world has undergone a complete revision to the ways of peace, democracy and tolerance since then hasn't it!

Nobody would accept survey results of that vintage on any other subject, unless the subject was historical.

Cutting limbs off and stoning rape victims aside, imposition of Sharia in ANY form across the non-Muslim world is EVIL and TOTALITARIAN.

There is no one uniform code of Sharia law. How many times do I have to say this?

But then, being on the liberal-left, inclinations of that kind come naturally for some posters!

doublefacepalm_large.jpg

'Positive' means they thought good of him and 'mixed' means they thought he was generally OK.

How can you possibly know that? The link to the original source data that Jawa provided is broken.

I thought you liberals

doublefacepalm_large.jpg

Point not nulled assassination happens.

Well what was the point of your statement then? It was a nice enough diversion, pretty flowers and sunshine and things, but it it doesn't seem to connect with anything.

A democracy with female president guarantees what, exactly?

Newspaper articles, government statistics, academic links, documentary shows and political opinion articles alike? Blimey, you've got some dictionary-reading to do!

You know, for some reason you keep avoiding being definitive on whether or not that pile of rubbish is anecdotal. I think there's a reason why... :lol:

Point confirmed.

Yes, it absolutely confirmed that it's hard to respond to your alarmist anecdotes with anything more serious than a :lol:.

Well, you're the one telling me I'm wrong in my fundamental attitude, so let's revise it from the ground-up.

You need not go into screeds of text. Concise paragraphs barely longer than mine will suffice, with a link or two for deeper info.

If you know what you're talking about it'll come easy.

:shock:

What are you even asking for at this point?

I'm trying really hard to be generous because it's obvious that English isn't your first language, but I'm honestly running out of gas in the "trying like hell to understand you" department.

Nobody would accept survey results of that vintage on any other subject, unless the subject was historical.

These figures would be collated as regularly and exactly as possible. But across an unstable part of the hostile world it wouldn't be easy.

OK, what are your figures then? Teach me a lesson here instead of resorting to bluster. Come on big boy, do it good!

There is no one uniform code of Sharia law. How many times do I have to say this?

And how many times do I have to tell you that, stonings of rape victims or hangings of gays aside, these Muslims want Sharia IMPOSED.

How can you possibly know that?

I was taught the English language and the meaning of words when I was at school. That's the decoder key for deciphering all those baffling symbols and mouth noises I encounter each day.

Well what was the point of your statement then? It was a nice enough diversion, pretty flowers and sunshine and things, but it it doesn't seem to connect with anything.

A democracy with female president guarantees what, exactly?

It doesn't guarantee anything however it does illustrate not every country that is majority Muslim is as repressive as you would like to have people think.

You know, for some reason you keep avoiding being definitive on whether or not that pile of rubbish is anecdotal. I think there's a reason why...

And what about your flat denials? Aren't they worse than the negatively-expressed dismissive slant you put to my researched work?

Anything anyone writes can be airily dismissed as 'anecdotal' evidence if they don't want to take it seriously. Which you don't.

Yes, it absolutely confirmed that it's hard to respond to your alarmist anecdotes with anything more serious than a .

Yes indeed, It does confirm that all you're interested in is dismissing whatever I write without a single word to back it up. Intellectual Bankruptcy I believe is the phrase.

What are you even asking for at this point?

You'd best go back and have another read.

Last edited:

It doesn't guarantee anything however it does illustrate not every country that is majority Muslim is as repressive as you would like to have people think.

Well perhaps we can have it stuffed and framed as a curious rarity. I'm sure people will pay handsomely to see that exhibit.

Mind you, they have legalised stoning and other human rights abuses, so perhaps not.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2009/10/indonesia-stoning-caning-now-the-law-in-aceh.html

http://www.globalissues.org/article/140/indonesia-and-human-rights

Those Muslim habits die hard!

POINT NULLED!

Last edited:

Let us assume for a moment that those who are saying that Islam is not a religion of peace, but instead a religion of hate and war, and from the devil, are correct. You have it 100 percent accurate. It is an evil religion bent on the destruction of all who are not part of Islam. Now, most who are saying this, seem to be followers of Christianity, a religion of peace and love and understanding. Christ, or course, being known for his many words on forgiving thine enemy, and turning the other cheek, etc etc. We will take these two facts as truth for the sake of this discussion.
Now, explain to me then, why all you Christians seem determined to throw away every major teaching of the religion you hold dear to begin wanting to think and act as the godless evil Muslims? An eye for an eye ended in the old testament guys. Oh wait..I'm sorry..you want to keep the parts of the OT alive that you like, and discount the ones that you don't.

These figures would be collated as regularly and exactly as possible. But across an unstable part of the hostile world it wouldn't be easy.

So then they're completely unreliable, just as I thought.

OK, what are your figures then? Teach me a lesson here instead of resorting to bluster. Come on big boy, do it good!

My approach is quite simple -- if you're going to argue that there are a ton of violent and/or "collaborators" out there, you should prove it. If you can't prove it, it's useless to make such a claim.

In other words, that we should treat them the same way we'd treat any common murderer -- innocent until proven guilty.

The fact that you can't prove your lies about Muslims worldwide doesn't give you the right to turn around and demand proof that they, by and large, are a peaceful bunch.

And how many times do I have to tell you that, stonings of rape victims or hangings of gays aside, these Muslims want Sharia IMPOSED.

There is no one code of Sharia law.

I was taught the English language and the meaning of words when I was at school. That's the decoder key for deciphering all those baffling symbols and mouth noises I encounter each day.

Well, then, your education was for naught, because I'm a native speaker of the language and you're not making a whole lot of sense. :lol:

If you saddle an entire culture / population / religion with stigma based on the actions of an infinitesimal fraction, that's hate and bigotry straight up.

And in 1946 few Germans had ever been Nazis.

If they drink the same Kool Aid as the others, they're part of the same problem.

That's so well-put Grant!

And in 1946 few Germans had ever been Nazis.

If they drink the same Kool Aid as the others, they're part of the same problem.

But you can't even say how many of them have drunk the same Kool Aid! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom