• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Spreading Islam by the Sword

First off, my oil comment was just a theory, I thought of it on the top of my head.

It just seems too fitting, that all the oil nations are Islamic and what some people think are corrupt. Why did Islamic belief flourish in the Persian Gulf region (besides the fact that it was the location of Muhammad and where he preached, why did people listen...maybe leaders' influence) where there is so much oil? perhaps oil is part of the problem
If leaders weren't so corrupt and wealthy they might not have had the power to be such forceful tyrants and impose such radical ideas without rebellion.
it's just an idea/theory...by no means fact, as I don't have much to back it up except a bit of reason

Regarding my comment on tolerance, you should check up om Islamic history. The Abbasid Dynasty, was in fact a very tolerant dynasty for its time. Islamic dynasties in the past have been tolerant, more than most.

And a good theory with merit. I have read some of your posts in other threads and I do hope to see more of you. I do agree with that the oil exasperates things no doubt and yes there is corruption there just as there is any where else.

With out the oil the middle east is just a big cat box and bring your own cat because even most cats prefer a more comfortable environment to live in than the middle east.

My main counter point to your argument is that oil or no oil it would still be a violent place.

Moe

My main counter point to your argument is that oil or no oil it would still be a violent place.

Well then, Moe, looks like we got no argument, because I agree with you.

The schism between the Sunni and Shia, was independent of oil.

There is something more to this old age fighting... Something, that I don't think anyone has discovered yet, although I'm open to theories.

Is it the Islamic religion?
Or the people?
Or something else - like oil, geography, or even (at a stretch) maybe they all want Israel, and know that neither of them can have it at the same time.

Well, someone has got to figure this out, because this fighting and belligerence has worn out the middle east.
It has worn out diplomacy.
It has worn out the "baby" country Israel (whether it is there fault or not....)
It has worn out, frankly, me.

Onward Islamic soldiers
Marching as to war
With the crescent of Muhammad......

Hm, that doesn't sound right. Anyone know the real words to this song?

These are but a few of the verses that refer to fighting jihad in Allahs cause. Notice in many places they refer to fighting non believers until they submit to Allah. This is part of the mission for Islamist around the world. Submition, subjugation or death of non believers (infidels)

There are many other verses that refer to fighting to spread Islam. I will post them later.

Please refrain from discussion of the Old Testament, this thread is about Islamic text

Strange... Didn't Jews take Muhammad in? Doesn't he literally tell his people to flee to Christian or Jewish lands?

What Surah are those quotes from, out of curiosity?

Back
Top Bottom