• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Spotify reportedly paid $200 million for Joe Rogan's podcast

Chainsawmassacre

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
A couple of old washed up 60s rock star pretend hippies picked the wrong fight with this guy. Rogan is current and a big deal it seems. I never listened to him but after all this publicity I got curious. He may be the new Rush who the left tried to get rid of for decades. Neil and Joni who? LOL

"That's double the $100 million deal value previously reported in 2020. Rogan's agreement with Spotify was a multi-year contract to be paid over three and a half years, two anonymous sources familiar with the deal reportedly told the Times.
Spotify announced its exclusive deal with the world's #1 podcaster under two years ago, in May 2020, but didn't reveal the value of the contract. Rogan released his first show on the streaming service on September 1, 2020 and became exclusive to Spotify later that year.
Based on this timeline and the Times' report, Rogan's contract renewal is likely due sometime in 2023. Spotify did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.

Rogan has recently come under fire for spreading COVID-19 and vaccine misinformation on his podcast, causing musicians Neil Young and Joni Mitchell to boycott Spotify.
Following the controversy, conservative-leaning video site Rumble offered Rogan $100 million to host his podcast there, matching what people believed to be the value of his deal with Spotify at the time.
"How about you bring all your shows to Rumble, both old and new, with no censorship, for 100 million bucks over four years? This is our chance to save the world. And yes, this is totally legit," CEO Chris Pavlovski said in a Twitter post.
Joe Rogan has since thanked Spotify for "taking so much heat" as Spotify CEO Daniel Ek defended the podcaster in a tense townhall with employees. "

So...Rogan's contract was underreported. And? What on earth do Neil Young and Joni Mitchell have to do with the misinformation? What fight are you talking about? Spotify now checks for covid misinformation. That fight? It's over. The hippies won.

So...Rogan's contract was underreported. And? What on earth do Neil Young and Joni Mitchell have to do with the misinformation? What fight are you talking about? Spotify now checks for covid misinformation. That fight? It's over. The hippies won.

Spotify chose sides and stood up to cancel culture. Rogan got a lot of publicity and people like myself are curious about him and tuning in for the first time. Rogan and Spotify will grow together as did Rush and AM radio.

Progressives really, really dislike open discussions like the type Rogan routinely hosts.

Spotify chose sides and stood up to cancel culture. Rogan got a lot of publicity and people like myself are curious about him and tuning in for the first time. Rogan and Spotify will grow together as did Rush and AM radio.
blah blah blah

care to address my post? i really don't care about your curiosity. i'm trying to deduce the point of the op. i guess you just want to announce to the world that you love joe rogan and hate woodstock. that's real nice. neil young never lied to america. i prefer him to rogan. you should have made this a poll, as the only point to the op is cheerleading.

Progressives really, really dislike open discussions like the type Rogan routinely hosts.
Do you people think you are fooling anybody with these moronic projection? You just describe right wing POS who don't even want facts taught in school. Of course you people are fine with people lying because lies are all you people have

blah blah blah

care to address my post? i really don't care about your curiosity. i'm trying to deduce the point of the op. i guess you just want to announce to the world that you love joe rogan and hate woodstock. that's real nice. neil young never lied to america. i prefer him to rogan. you should have made this a poll, as the only point to the op is cheerleading.
Point is Spotify wasn't bullied by cancel culture and Rogan will actually gain audience from the attempt to cancel him. Score one for the good guys and add this to parents in SF with their woke school board dismantled and HS kids in California walking out over mask mandates and Biden's poll numbers. The tide is turning.

Back
Top Bottom