• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Spotify employees threatening to strike over Rogan?

EMNofSeattle

No Russian ever called me deplorable
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative

So in general this is more evidence of how woke ideology is ruining America, and in the business world it’s especially ruining America. If these rumors are true and Spotify employees are threatening to strike the proper response from corporate is to remind these employees they’re not paid to make corporate business decisions and failure to report for work will be processed as voluntary resignation.

The time is coming where in the not to distant future Americans are going to be silo’d by political belief. Conservatives will shop and mom and pop owned businesses and politically catering tech companies like Parler and the liberals will be frequenting regular corporate America, which will do no favors for society as a whole.

It’s time to bring back the Mr Burns archetype CEO for the good of the country. Millennial SJW won’t work unless the company commits to wholeness? Release the hounds!

So in general this is more evidence of how woke ideology is ruining America, and in the business world it’s especially ruining America. If these rumors are true and Spotify employees are threatening to strike the proper response from corporate is to remind these employees they’re not paid to make corporate business decisions and failure to report for work will be processed as voluntary resignation.

The time is coming where in the not to distant future Americans are going to be silo’d by political belief. Conservatives will shop and mom and pop owned businesses and politically catering tech companies like Parler and the liberals will be frequenting regular corporate America, which will do no favors for society as a whole.

It’s time to bring back the Mr Burns archetype CEO for the good of the country. Millennial SJW won’t work unless the company commits to wholeness? Release the hounds!
What a shame.

Lol... Pandora will gladly hire many of them..

Lol... Pandora will gladly hire many of them..

Yeah, that’s not the point: I’ve been fired from jobs and gone to work somewhere else.

I’m saying employees who get too lippy in questioning an employers legitimate business decisions should be fired and carry the lesson with them.

Yeah, that’s not the point: I’ve been fired from jobs and gone to work somewhere else.

I’m saying employees who get too lippy in questioning an employers legitimate business decisions should be fired and carry the lesson with them.

Spoken like someone who has no comprehension of how competitive the tech talent is today.

Spoken like someone who has no comprehension of how competitive the tech talent is today.

I think there’s plenty of sane people to recruit from. I don’t think if push came to shove people would quit a job they love over Rogan. My industry is competitive too, but since it’s staffed by masculine men the boss doesn’t take orders from below

I think there’s plenty of sane people to recruit from. I don’t think if push came to shove people would quit a job they love over Rogan. My industry is competitive too, but since it’s staffed by masculine men the boss doesn’t take orders from below

What you think and reality are not the same...

What you think and reality are not the same...

No, it’s not reality that any business Hass to cater to personal political activism of its workers. Clearly the corporate officers decided Joe Rogan was worth a $100 million contract, They should stand by that decision or else employee demands are going to get more and more ridiculous. There is no empirical evidence that catering to walk employees make the company more money or save some cost, in fact it is the opposite. The NFL has lost over a third of its viewership and Gillette after running the toxic masculinity add lost substantial portion of its valuation.

No, it’s not reality that any business Hass to cater to personal political activism of its workers. Clearly the corporate officers decided Joe Rogan was worth a $100 million contract, They should stand by that decision or else employee demands are going to get more and more ridiculous. There is no empirical evidence that catering to walk employees make the company more money or save some cost, in fact it is the opposite. The NFL has lost over a third of its viewership and Gillette after running the toxic masculinity add lost substantial portion of its valuation.
LOL... How many tech companies have you lead?

So is that zero?
I am not getting into a credentialing argument, you can claim to be whoever you want on the Internet. The point is universal anyway, a business that allows the employees to direct decisions like this is a business that is very poorly managed. You certainly cannot prove that there is exactly 0 qualified workers who would work for Spotify if they aren’t allowed to censor Rogan.

How is it "masculine" to meekly submit to whatever your boss tells you to do, regardless of how bad you think it might be?

How is it "masculine" to meekly submit to whatever your boss tells you to do, regardless of how bad you think it might be?

Because you have duties and obligations as an employee. There is no safety obligation, no moral obligation, and no personal obligation to have editorial power you were never vested.

Because you have duties and obligations as an employee. There is no safety obligation, no moral obligation, and no personal obligation to have editorial power you were never vested.

And employees have the freedom to work for whoever they choose..... Like Pandora, Google Play, Apple iTunes, etc... When your employers sucks, it's time to move on....

And employees have the freedom to work for whoever they choose..... Like Pandora, Google Play, Apple iTunes, etc... When your employers sucks, it's time to move on....

Yeah... that’s not a point anyone argued against

The time is coming where in the not to distant future Americans are going to be silo’d by political belief.

Eh, I dont know. Seems to be more of a left thing. The right seems to be better at separating politics from personal and not boycotting everything.

In this specific case, yes (and I don't think the employees should threaten to strike in those circumstances). You completely generalised the question and linked it to masculinity though, and it was that specifically I was questioning.

Let's see, they pay $100 million dollars to a guy, then try to change him?

I'm thinking that finding new employees would be pretty easy...

Conservatives wont shop at mom and pop stores any more than Liberals will.

Walmart started in Conservative dominated area's and grew quickly causing many mom and pop stores to close.

What will happen is that large companies will open up subsidiaries that have branding that attracts conservatives, and one that attracts liberal. The moronic masses wont know they are owned by the same company and will shop happily thinking they are sticking it to the con/liberal elite

Let's see, they pay $100 million dollars to a guy, then try to change him?

I'm thinking that finding new employees would be pretty easy...
Not in the tech industry

That is why the pay is so high. To get enough tech workers they would have to hire foreign workers

What does this have to do with politics?

Let them strike, then fire them for not showing up for work.

Anyone know what problem the snowflakes have with Rogan? Is this about his position on men who identify as women kicking the shit out of women in a MMA cage fight?

Back
Top Bottom