• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sports Double Standard

You're the one denying facts to make a partisan point against professional athletes.

A point is a point. The players and the owners are showing their support for a domestic abuser and a sexual assaulter.

LOL. They walked out of playoffs game in support of him. They didn't walk off the court in support of Santa Clause. Face it, the players and the owners support domestic abuse and sexual assault.

Okay, Im gonna type this slowly so you can hopefully keep up.

Lets pretend we have a person who 10 years ago was convicted of assault. They were sent to prison for 7 years, got out early because of good behavior after 3. They have officially paid thier debt to society.

Said person is driving down the road and is pulled over, and during the stop, things go sideways and he ends up being shot in very questionable circumstances.

If someone were to go out and protest the actions of the cops, it in no way is a sign of support for the victims past acts of assault.

You keep acting like a past act makes what happened on THAT day alright, and it doesnt. If he was put of jail and free, his rights are the same as yours or mine, regardless of his past. Since that is the case, protesting cops going haywire has nothing to do with those acts and your point is just as stupid now as it was when you originally made it.

These sports used to suspend people for their domestic abuse and child abuse. Now, they call these people heroes and honor them by walking out of games.

No one is honouring him or defending him over domestic abuse except in your head.

They are showing their support for a domestic abuser/sexual assaulter.

No, they arent, no matter how many times you say it. My distaste with cops abusing those they are supposed to be serving has nothing to do with Blake outside of the fact he is they most recent citizen abused by the cops. Same for those speaking out.

No, they arent, no matter how many times you say it. My distaste with cops abusing those they are supposed to be serving has nothing to do with Blake outside of the fact he is they most recent citizen abused by the cops. Same for those speaking out.

Sure they are. Are they supporting Blake? Did they walk out of games to support Blake? Has Blake been arrested for domestic abuse and sexual assault? Why are you a fact denier? No matter how much you want to spin it, they are supporting a domestic abuser and sexual assaulter. Good for them. We need more role models.

Sure they are. Are they supporting Blake? Did they walk out of games to support Blake? Has Blake been arrested for domestic abuse and sexual assault? Why are you a fact denier? No matter how much you want to spin it, they are supporting a domestic abuser and sexual assaulter. Good for them. We need more role models.

Who denied any of that happened? I sure didnt.

What I said was that none of that makes what happened to him right....which it didnt.

Why are you a fact denier?

Who denied any of that happened? I sure didnt.

What I said was that none of that makes what happened to him right....which it didnt.

Why are you a fact denier?

The facts are that he was arrested for domestic violence and sexual assault. The fact is, players and owners have made a decision to support someone who commits domestic violence and sexual assault. It probably won't be long before they are supporting murderers.

The facts are that he was arrested for domestic violence and sexual assault. The fact is, players and owners have made a decision to support someone who commits domestic violence and sexual assault. It probably won't be long before they are supporting murderers.

This is the nuttiest thing I have ever heard. Lol

The guy was black, so he HAD to be some sort of criminal.

30% of US adults have a criminal record. With disproportionate rate of ARRESTS and CONVICTIONS of black people, they w/o doubt have a much higher %. An arrest on a record, regardless of conviction, shown on an employment background check, results in a 50% higher rejection rate when applying for a job. Disparate impact proves the systemic racism and the many ways that have a negative socio-economic impact on minorities and American society as a whole.

And yet they won't touch white wingers with a ten foot pole. :lol:

You know this is the beginning of your cultures slide into irrelevance right? :lol:

And yet they won't touch white wingers with a ten foot pole. :lol:

You know this is the beginning of your cultures slide into irrelevance right? :lol:

The fact is that these players and owners will find out that they are dissolving into nothingness. The right will quit paying their salaries and the lefties don't like sports in the first place. The left cheer the players on without contributing one dime to those salaries. It's time the players and the owners found out who was actually paying them their millions and billions and it isn't the radical left.

The fact is that these players and owners will find out that they are dissolving into nothingness. The right will quit paying their salaries and the lefties don't like sports in the first place. The left cheer the players on without contributing one dime to those salaries. It's time the players and the owners found out who was actually paying them their millions and billions and it isn't the radical left.

:lamo

So go ahead and show all of us. When should we expect the collapse of professional sports?

:lamo

So go ahead and show all of us. When should we expect the collapse of professional sports?

Ummmmmmmmm, well, the pandemic has already taken care of that. As far as I know all sports teams are losing millions, if not billions, each. I know the left doesn't understand economics but the money trees are getting fewer and fewer. They are already close to the edge of the cliff now.

Ummmmmmmmm, well, the pandemic has already taken care of that. As far as I know all sports teams are losing millions, if not billions, each. I know the left doesn't understand economics but the money trees are getting fewer and fewer. They are already close to the edge of the cliff now.

The owners might take a temporary hit but they already have contracts with players and tv networks, those aren't going to change just because of the pandemic and none of that really affects the viability of sports.

No they arent. They are simply making less money. They are not playing the games as a charity

The guy was black, so he HAD to be some sort of criminal.

Besides, I mean can you IMAGINE, libruls actually think these are "people". You just can't make such lunacy up huh?

LOL. So you're saying that sports players and their owners aren't showing their support for an arrested person with domestic violence and sexual assault charges? Why do you deny facts?

And that manufactured fauxrage really chaps your hide but, stangely "unconventional babysitters", being wished well, nothing to see there huh?

Funny how selective your disdain for percieved "hypocrisy" is. One has to wonder if that word doesn't mean what you think it means?

The owners might take a temporary hit but they already have contracts with players and tv networks, those aren't going to change just because of the pandemic and none of that really affects the viability of sports.

LOL. The contracts with the players is money going out, not coming in. I'm sure the contracts with the tv networks have been readjusted due to the virus. And, a huge percentage of income is from ticket sales, beer sales, and merchandise sales. The bleeding has just begun. Sooner or later the turnips run out of blood.

And that manufactured fauxrage really chaps your hide but, stangely "unconventional babysitters", being wished well, nothing to see there huh?

Funny how selective your disdain for percieved "hypocrisy" is. One has to wonder if that word doesn't mean what you think it means?

What in the hell are you talking about? I'm just stating the fact that the players and owners are showing their support for a domestic abuser/sexual assaulter.

LOL. The contracts with the players is money going out, not coming in. I'm sure the contracts with the tv networks have been readjusted due to the virus. And, a huge percentage of income is from ticket sales, beer sales, and merchandise sales. The bleeding has just begun. Sooner or later the turnips run out of blood.

Why would contracts already signed with tv networks be readjusted because of covid? That's not how contracts work. Are you sure you know economics? Also on the other end they're saving money on all the employees and concessions needed to play in person games. You're also making a giant leap that a momentary hit to owners pocket books are going to translate into salaries adjusting downwards for players. That also rather unlikely.

Why would contracts already signed with tv networks be readjusted because of covid? That's not how contracts work. Are you sure you know economics? Also on the other end they're saving money on all the employees and concessions needed to play in person games. You're also making a giant leap that a momentary hit to owners pocket books are going to translate into salaries adjusting downwards for players. That also rather unlikely.

NFL ratings: KC-Houston sees a decline from 2019

When did Roger Goodell shoot Ray Rice in the back seven times?

Back
Top Bottom