• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sports Athletes Should Be Completely Ignored When They Rant Political

Yes, absolutely, big time.

Of course, Whitlock isn't a reality TV star, and neither are other members of the press who report on such stuff.

But many mainstream network television stars wax ignorantly left and right and they would ethically do well to stick to talking about their craft, and for the benefit of us all.

I was speaking of the one in the White House.

Yes, entertainers should just entertain us.

That is their mission in life.

When they speak out about politics, they offend some of their fans and thus ruin the fantasy that we all have about them. (Just think of how many people idolize those guys & gals who throw a basketball through a hoop.)

For example, I lost my respect for that actress who plays in "Will and Grace" and that actress who played in the "Seinfeld" series. I don't want to know about their politics. I want to think that they are the people whose characters they play on TV. (To the best of my knowledge, the actors who played in "Friends" have so far kept their mouths shut on politics. So I can continue to laugh at their antics without being reminded of their real-life politics.)
Yes.

And also, when sports stars and entertainers speak out in ignorance, they can really harm those millions of Twitter fans who follow them.

In this case, James' statements very likely lead some of his 40 million Twitter followers in Kenosha to again riot .. resulting in injuries and death.

But does James and other sports stars and entertainers feel the horror of that? No, they're all isolated in their fame and fortune ivory towers, safe from the real world battles that they incite.

Ethics has value .. and James and other sports stars and entertainers who unethically ignorantly speak on subjects they egotistically think they know all about end up harming their fans.

They should know their place!
You leftists do have a tendency to mistake true literal statements for sarcasm.

Yes, ethically, James and other sports stars should definitely know that their place is to talk about sports and that they do great damage to their millions of Twitter followers when they incite riots with their statements that they themselves never have to risk the danger of.

Yes, ethically, James and other sports stars should definitely know that their place is to talk about sports and that they do great damage to their millions of Twitter followers when they incite riots with their statements that they themselves never have to risk the danger of.
More sarcasm, apparently.

This thread is complete waste of your time.

At this point, Americans have already decided for themselves what they think of athletes speaking out.

Your thread will not influence either side at all.
Absolutely false.

These threads are available on the open Google market after the spiders catch them.

Plus I can link to any thread whenever I want ..

.. And that includes the next time I'm linked on FB to another sports star spouting off ignorantly, as all I have to do is put the link to this thread in that comment section and suddenly people who might not have made up their mind may venture here.

Plus, it's great advertising for Debate Politics, and may help achieve the donation goal faster and thus help keep this site alive.

I was speaking of the one in the White House.
Oh, sorry -- I thought you were talking about current reality TV stars, and thus I missed your TDS.

Absolutely false.

These threads are available on the open Google market after the spiders catch them.

Plus I can link to any thread whenever I want ..

.. And that includes the next time I'm linked on FB to another sports star spouting off ignorantly, as all I have to do is put the link to this thread in that comment section and suddenly people who might not have made up their mind may venture here.

Plus, it's great advertising for Debate Politics, and may help achieve the donation goal faster and thus help keep this site alive.
You’re in it for $. Got it.

I found another authoritarian!

How dare someone have first amendment rights!

This video is 17 minutes long, but it's packed with substantive relevance as to why people like LeBron James should be supremely enjoyed when they're playin' ball and talking about it ..

.. But should be completely ignored when he, in his obvious ignorance, begins to wax political, and even criticized for unethically opening his mouth about anything other than sports when a microphone is thrust in his face to talk about politics because and only because he's a sports star:

The highlights:

1. LeBron James is promoting racial tension by emotionally jumping to conclusions about current events when he is clueless about the associated facts.

2. James and other athletes unethically misuse their sports star status that garners them an over-sized voice to politically pander their position on politics and current events.

3. Sports stars like James are nearly always uneducated and ill-informed about current events and politics, and so they end up misinforming those who listen to them.

4. Thus sports stars most often error in their political presentations, and when they're speaking on race-relations, they end up being a bigger bigot than those they falsely accuse.

5. Sports stars don't cite valid information and statistics, they just mention a few anecdotal situations and then erroneously jump to false conclusions that mislead the public.

6. LeBron James jumps to anecdotal generalizations about the Black community that Black people would never want others to prejudice them with.

7. LeBron and sports stars end up riling up people with false presentations, and that causes increased civil unrest, people getting shot and killed, businesses looted, and increases poverty.

8. Lebron James out of ignorance egregiously makes unwarranted false suppositions about the mindset of the police, further contributing to the BLM conspiracy theory mass hysteria.

9. James is behaving like a bigot, generalizing about cops and White people and all, exactly the way people of Black communities don't want to be generalized themselves by White people.

10. Professional athletes need to stop talking about this stuff because they only make matters worse.

11. We should stop worshiping sports stars, as that sets us up to be deceived by them when they step away from their sport and step in front of the political microphone.

Yes, here's a former sports athlete who knows better than to jump to conclusions about current events and politics, and instead waits to gather more accurate information and process it intelligently to logically derive at conclusions and let's the law enforcement professionals present the matters.

If anyone knows other sports athletes it's him .. and his clear and accurate message about these sports stars is that sports stars are nearly always politically topically ignorant, thus they're spreading that ignorance and misinformation into the public political arena making terrible situations worse.

Don't need a 17 minute video. Fact is true fans (the ones spending money and contributing to TV ratings) don't want sports politicized. Fact is Americans who support players politicizing things aren't the true fans spending money or contributing to TV ratings. The true fans need to grow some balls and quit sports cold turkey. All sports. Let the players and the owners stand in the unemployment line and not collect an extra $600. Let them know that sports is sports and politics is not something you do while you are on the clock.

I found another authoritarian!

How dare someone have first amendment rights!
Rights without ethics creates chaos .. and, in the case of Kenosha, injury and death. I'm only asking people to think twice before opening their mouth, inserting their foot, and causing death and destruction they don't have to deal with.

But I do find it strange that you, a leftist, who obviously champions the ultimate in trampling First Amendment free speech rights -- BLM's "cancel culture" -- would be complaining, albeit falsely, about free speech censorship .. .. or maybe the word "strange" is best replaced with the word hypocritical.

Don't need a 17 minute video. Fact is true fans (the ones spending money and contributing to TV ratings) don't want sports politicized. Fact is Americans who support players politicizing things aren't the true fans spending money or contributing to TV ratings. The true fans need to grow some balls and quit sports cold turkey. All sports. Let the players and the owners stand in the unemployment line and not collect an extra $600. Let them know that sports is sports and politics is not something you do while you are on the clock.
Absolutely true.

Though a sports fan most of my life, I have recently stopped watching any sport where BLM's conspiracy theory mass hysteria is supported.

I miss sports, especially in this pandemic, as it's a great distraction.

But it's more important that sponsor revenue be reduced so that these leagues realize their mistake of kowtowing to the mental illness of a mass hysteria.

Since cardboard cutouts don't pay admission, without fans in the arenas or on tv, players may indeed find themselves in the unemployment line soon.

Sadly, though, it won't be the big stars with their millions of dollars of cushion, it will be the barely-made-the-team journeymen who will be hurt the most by the decrees of King James.

Movie stars, musicians, pro sport players.....just stay out of politics, will ya? I guess some think their opinion means something....who cares.

Cool so then you are just going to shut the **** up too about politics?

Cool then maybe you should just shut the **** up and do whatever it is that you do too.

I love the self righteous loser Cons that come on here and tell athletes and other other entertainers to shut up, but have no problem spewing their vile garbage multiple times a day here.

Question: Has a athlete or any famous person making a political statement convinced you to vote a certain way?

They have not for me. It is their opinion on the subject. I may or may not agree with them. I make up my own mind how to vote.

side note: Athletes are free to make any political statement they want outside of the game. Attending a game or watching it on TV I don't care to see their protests. Especially if they are playing in a partially tax payer funded facility.

Here you make false statements about the messenger merely because you don't like the truth of the message, the message that LeBron James and other sports stars are ignorant and contribute to BLM's conspiracy theory mass hysteria .. which you politically support. :shock:

Nope, false.

Jason Whitlock - Wikipedia
Whatever you read from some slanted false rag or conjured yourself, here's the straight truth from a more reliable source.

Whitlock won an award while with the Star.

Likely he wanted a raise they didn't give him so he left to pursue other interests.

The first time, yes .. because he dared to criticize management.

But keep reading the Wiki post and you'll see that he was rehired by ESPN. :shock:

I guess ESPN realized their mistake .. and Whitlock stayed at ESPN until he left on his own accord after programming changes.

Again false.

There's no indication whatsoever that he was "fired" by AOL Sports.

He wrote a column for them and then transferred to the associated Fox Sports.

Again, clearly false.

Read the Wiki link:

Clearly your hack job is failing, miserably.

Absolutely false!

Outkick isn't "alt-right".

Where do you get this crap?!

:roll:

What you really mean is, "this winner just rightly criticized one of my idols, LeBron James, and also exposed BLM's conspiracy theory mass hysteria which I support, thus I'm pissed about it so I'm just going to write false libelous statements about him".

Because he clearly and obviously tells the truth.

:cool:

Why are you supporting a racist in Whitlock?

Rights without ethics creates chaos .. and, in the case of Kenosha, injury and death. I'm only asking people to think twice before opening their mouth, inserting their foot, and causing death and destruction they don't have to deal with.

But I do find it strange that you, a leftist, who obviously champions the ultimate in trampling First Amendment free speech rights -- BLM's "cancel culture" -- would be complaining, albeit falsely, about free speech censorship .. .. or maybe the word "strange" is best replaced with the word hypocritical.

Rights are rights and the entire point of them is so that people don't dictate to others how to use what is on their own conscience.

Also, I have my own opinion as an individual on cancel culture (namely that it doesn't exist), so address me and not a straw man.

Your glittering generality here is so ludicrous it's absurdly funny ..

.. And judging by your erroneous statement here, though, no one should be paying any attention to your opinion at all. :shock:

:lol:

You are simply spewing recycled Foxnews talking about. Black Lives Matter is Marxist? You are spewing the same crap as Ben Carson, Rudy Guiliani, and Trump. Are you proud to be associated with those type of people?

:lamo

Of course you think "cancel culture" is an attack on free speech. Like all right wingers, you think free speech means everyone else gets a muzzle.

This video is 17 minutes long, but it's packed with substantive relevance as to why people like LeBron James should be supremely enjoyed when they're playin' ball and talking about it ..

.. But should be completely ignored when he, in his obvious ignorance, begins to wax political, and even criticized for unethically opening his mouth about anything other than sports when a microphone is thrust in his face to talk about politics because and only because he's a sports star:

The highlights:

1. LeBron James is promoting racial tension by emotionally jumping to conclusions about current events when he is clueless about the associated facts.

2. James and other athletes unethically misuse their sports star status that garners them an over-sized voice to politically pander their position on politics and current events.

3. Sports stars like James are nearly always uneducated and ill-informed about current events and politics, and so they end up misinforming those who listen to them.

4. Thus sports stars most often error in their political presentations, and when they're speaking on race-relations, they end up being a bigger bigot than those they falsely accuse.

5. Sports stars don't cite valid information and statistics, they just mention a few anecdotal situations and then erroneously jump to false conclusions that mislead the public.

6. LeBron James jumps to anecdotal generalizations about the Black community that Black people would never want others to prejudice them with.

7. LeBron and sports stars end up riling up people with false presentations, and that causes increased civil unrest, people getting shot and killed, businesses looted, and increases poverty.

8. Lebron James out of ignorance egregiously makes unwarranted false suppositions about the mindset of the police, further contributing to the BLM conspiracy theory mass hysteria.

9. James is behaving like a bigot, generalizing about cops and White people and all, exactly the way people of Black communities don't want to be generalized themselves by White people.

10. Professional athletes need to stop talking about this stuff because they only make matters worse.

11. We should stop worshiping sports stars, as that sets us up to be deceived by them when they step away from their sport and step in front of the political microphone.

Yes, here's a former sports athlete who knows better than to jump to conclusions about current events and politics, and instead waits to gather more accurate information and process it intelligently to logically derive at conclusions and let's the law enforcement professionals present the matters.

If anyone knows other sports athletes it's him .. and his clear and accurate message about these sports stars is that sports stars are nearly always politically topically ignorant, thus they're spreading that ignorance and misinformation into the public political arena making terrible situations worse.

Nobody, give a crap What White Nationalist Confederacy Groomed Right Wingers who try to hide behind the Label of Conservatism, (as if they think its not known that "Right Wing Version of Conservatism is a Construct of Confederacy Ideology".... based on their resentment about paying taxes, their hatred of abiding by Federal Regulatory Governance, they Their Lust for State Rights to Usurp Federal Governance.)

... These Sports Players can Support Equality all they want!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Why are you supporting a racist in Whitlock?
First of all, prove to me he's a racist.

Regardless, it's not Whitlock that's important to me, it's the actual substance of the words he says which have no racism in them whatsoever.

The problem with you leftists is that if you think someone said something racist, even if they didn't, you still want to "cancel culture" them completely.

That's simply wrong.

You BLMers constantly throw the baby out with the bathwater.

If you think someone is making a racist statement, then appeal to a common globally accepted source on the definition of racism/racist, and, then if it fits, point it out.

Give the person a chance to say their sorry, or they didn't mean it, or whatever.

Whitlock's presentation in the OP has no racism in it, he just points out LeBron James' bigotry.

But if you think Whitlock erred, then appeal to a common globally agreed upon source for the definition of bigotry and point it out.

If you're right, I'll agree with you.

But don't try to reference a clearly non-globally agreed upon source, a purely leftist fiat source, and try to appeal to that nonsense. That's what BLM did, made up their own definitions and false accusations of racist/racism, and look where that got them: a conspiracy theory mass hysteria that's getting people killed.

Rights are rights and the entire point of them is so that people don't dictate to others how to use what is on their own conscience.
Sometimes what you leftists think are rights aren't rights at all, but privileges.

We have the right to free speech, yes, but, there are ethically and morally true limits on it, and a right under the governance of such a limitation is a privilege.

The limits on free speech are based on the principle that we don't truly harm others.

Here in this forum we have such limits, as people are free to use ad hominems but not to the degree they do real harm .. or the moderators enforce the penalties.

The same is true in general in America. We're not allowed to use free speech to force, defraud, or defame with slander or libel.

We are also not allowed to use free speech to falsely yell fire in a crowded theater, 'cause if we do and someone dies we're held accountable.

And, we also aren't allowed to use free speech to to incite a riot as I believe LeBron James and other sports stars are doing. They rightly should be indicted. And thus Whitlock is right in that James should simply stop inciting his 40 million followers to riot.

And we, who are subjected to sports stars rambling ignorantly on a topic about which they are clueless, need to be of our own good conscience .. and just ignore them.

Also, I have my own opinion as an individual on cancel culture (namely that it doesn't exist), so address me and not a straw man.
Well, your denial doesn't make it so.

Those who operate the "cancel culture" acknowledge that it exists, and those who've been victimized by it acknowledge that it exists, so there's really no need to investigate its reality any further.

Besides, leftists often purposely deny something bad of theirs exists when they know it does so they won't get called on it.

Thus, I'm using my right of free speech .. to call you on it, Mr. Scarecrow.

You are simply spewing recycled Foxnews talking about. Black Lives Matter is Marxist? You are spewing the same crap as Ben Carson, Rudy Guiliani, and Trump. Are you proud to be associated with those type of people?
And now out comes your TDS-motivated ad hominems. :roll:

I guess you ran out of substantive relevance to present. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom