• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Sports Announcer: "Lack of whites make NBA look like zulu uprising"

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Not really.

Bryant Gumbel makes racist comment about Whites. Does anybody care?

HBO's Bryant Gumbel: Lack of Blacks Makes Olympics 'Look Like a GOP Convention'

Dave Pierre on February 16, 2006 - 00:58.

There were some eye-opening remarks from Bryant Gumbel on the most recent episode of HBO's Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel. According to a transcript posted by a television columnist named Seth Frelich, Gumbel said the following in his closing monologue last week (emphasis mine):

"Finally, tonight, the Winter Games. Count me among those who don’t like them and won’t watch them ... Because they’re so trying, maybe over the next three weeks we should all try too. Like, try not to be incredulous when someone attempts to link these games to those of the ancient Greeks who never heard of skating or skiing. So try not to laugh when someone says these are the world’s greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention. Try not to point out that something’s not really a sport if a pseudo-athlete waits in what’s called a kiss-and-cry area, while some panel of subjective judges decides who won ... So if only to hasten the arrival of the day they’re done, when we can move on to March Madness — for God’s sake, let the games begin."

(continued...)

Video link: Click here...

There is already a thread on this topic.

AmericanPatriot29 said:
Not really.

Bryant Gumbel makes racist comment about Whites. Does anybody care?

HBO's Bryant Gumbel: Lack of Blacks Makes Olympics 'Look Like a GOP Convention'

Dave Pierre on February 16, 2006 - 00:58.

There were some eye-opening remarks from Bryant Gumbel on the most recent episode of HBO's Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel. According to a transcript posted by a television columnist named Seth Frelich, Gumbel said the following in his closing monologue last week (emphasis mine):

"Finally, tonight, the Winter Games. Count me among those who don’t like them and won’t watch them ... Because they’re so trying, maybe over the next three weeks we should all try too. Like, try not to be incredulous when someone attempts to link these games to those of the ancient Greeks who never heard of skating or skiing. So try not to laugh when someone says these are the world’s greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention. Try not to point out that something’s not really a sport if a pseudo-athlete waits in what’s called a kiss-and-cry area, while some panel of subjective judges decides who won ... So if only to hasten the arrival of the day they’re done, when we can move on to March Madness — for God’s sake, let the games begin."

(continued...)

Video link: Click here...

Where exactly is the racism in that quote? Frankly I think what he said is pretty dead on. It may not be in the best taste but it certainly wasn't offensive or rascist in the least.

Cassapolis said:
Where exactly is the racism in that quote? Frankly I think what he said is pretty dead on. It may not be in the best taste but it certainly wasn't offensive or rascist in the least.

So... is "the lack of whites makes the NBA look like Zulu uprising" offensive or racist?

"Where exactly is the racism in that quote? Frankly I think what he said is pretty dead on. It may not be in the best taste but it certainly wasn't offensive or rascist in the least."

I can't abide Gumbel. If a white man had said the same thing what would have happened? You say it wasn't racially motivated? Everything that man says and does has racial overtones. He is a bitter man.

"So try not to laugh when someone says these are the world’s greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention."

What is he saying really? For a sport to be credible, blacks have to be in it? A political party of racist Republicans?

What if someone said that the NBA was racist because there aren't many whites in it? They would get smeared........or How many blacks in the NBA were arrest last year for spousal abuse or rape?

There is a double standard in America today. If you are black you can say anything, even use the "N" word. But God help you if you use it and you are white.

I've never cared for Bryant Gumbel, in fact I think he's an idiot for the most part, no doubt he is a somewhat racist.

Last edited:
Other threads at Debate politics authored by AmericanPatriot29. Clearly, this username has a white supremicist/ anti-Semitic agenda.

Jewish influence in hollywood: A historical analysis

For all of you liberals out there who support multiculturalism...

A Jewish art form: Espionage against America

Some racial statistics for us all...

Is Russia key to white survival?

Do Jews run Hollywood? You bet they do!

Note to all members. If you ever come across a post at Debate Politics that you find offensive, please report it by clicking the red/white triangle in the lower left-hand corner of that post.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom