• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Spokesmen on the Right

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Ok, one reason, I can't take the right serious is the idiots they have speaking for them. In fact, it's guys like Ted Nugent and Chuck Norris that convince me that the arguments of the Right are well...wrong.

Besides Ted the tough talking former Draft Dodger and Chuck the former TV star but not so articulate speaker, the Right is also represented by pure hate like we see from Michael Savage, Pat Buchanan and Sean Hannity. They have paranoid as espoused by Glen Beck and Dinesh D'Souza; religious crazy from Hugh Hewlitt and Dennis Prager and downright vile vomit of Ann Coulter and Michelle Malkin. It's like they have covered every single base of what normal people call disgusting.

And, that's before we even mention this buffoon:

01-rush-limbaugh-face-of-the-republican-party.jpg

He's the worst of them all. I bet this fat mug chases away more potential GOP voters than he collects.

Perhaps if you focused on ideas more than personality you would be less shallow.

Ok, one reason, I can't take the right serious is the idiots they have speaking for them. In fact, it's guys like Ted Nugent and Chuck Norris that convince me that the arguments of the Right are well...wrong.

Besides Ted the tough talking former Draft Dodger and Chuck the former TV star but not so articulate speaker, the Right is also represented by pure hate like we see from Michael Savage, Pat Buchanan and Sean Hannity. They have paranoid as espoused by Glen Beck and Dinesh D'Souza; religious crazy from Hugh Hewlitt and Dennis Prager and downright vile vomit of Ann Coulter and Michelle Malkin. It's like they have covered every single base of what normal people call disgusting.

He's the worst of them all. I bet this fat mug chases away more potential GOP voters than he collects.

You see these entertainers as the face of the GOP? I'm sorry for you.

I see that you seem to prefer the wisdom of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, since they are associated with the left, so there is little hope of any rational dicussion with you. By paying attention to the loons on the fringe, which pledge support for either party, you miss what those actually governing or running for office actually do/say. Pointing to the "boggie men" of the right, as justification for not voting for the actual candidates of the right (a favorite MSNBC tactic), may make you feel all warm, fuzzy and patriotic, but it really just makes you look like a moron as you then support "anyone else" based upon that irrelevant association. ;)

I see that you seem to prefer the wisdom of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, since they are associated with the left, so there is little hope of any rational dicussion with you. By paying attention to the loons on the fringe, which pledge support for either party, you miss what those actually governing or running for office actually do/say. Pointing to the "boggie men" of the right, as justification for not voting for the actual candidates of the right (a favorite MSNBC tactic), may make you feel all warm, fuzzy and patriotic, but it really just makes you look like a moron as you then support "anyone else" based upon that irrelevant association. ;)
In what decade do you llive? Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton represent the Left no more than Jessie Helms and David Duke represent the Right. But thanks for playing, and showing that all you see is Black.

You see these entertainers as the face of the GOP? I'm sorry for you.

They are without doubt the spokesmen for that party.

Perhaps if you focused on ideas more than personality you would be less shallow.

bah.... you're asking way to much.... considering ideas is for the weak and unenlightened.

Rush limbaugh is mean, fat, and ugly...Rush Limbaugh is a righty... therefore, the right is wrong , and mean , and ugly.... and racist..... and smells kinda funny.
the right is probably fat too

it makes perfect sense
it's logic, man... logic!!

In what decade do you llive? Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton represent the Left no more than Jessie Helms and David Duke represent the Right. But thanks for playing, and showing that all you see is Black.

you don't get to determine who your spokesmen really are... that's left to other people to determine for you.

...just like you did for them

OK, Skippy, let's see you come up with current news stories for David Duke and Jesse Helms. Here are some recent examples for J.J. and A.S. to show that they still command media attention in this decade, in fact, just last month.

Jesse Jackson 'frowns upon' senseless murder of Australian student - Washington Times

Al Sharpton

OK, Skippy, let's see you come up with current news stories for David Duke and Jesse Helms. Here are some recent examples for J.J. and A.S. to show that they still command media attention in this decade, in fact, just last month.

Jesse Jackson 'frowns upon' senseless murder of Australian student - Washington Times

Al Sharpton
:roll:

You do know Duke has a radio show. Right?
David Duke Show Archives
Dr. David Duke leads a great program today talking about why the Internet has made it possible for us to avoid (so far ) and insane attack on Syria by Obama and other Zio-submissive nations. Why people can today learn the truth much more easily and quickly than anytime in the last 100 years and why this is leading to greater understanding of the, ultra racist Zionist threat to all humanity.

Last edited:
Nice try, but that is not MSM coverage that is like Glen Beck - he has a cult but that is about it. ;)

Well, I didn't list him in my op. So, it goes without saying that he is a wack who is out in the fringe, much like Jessie and Al.

Well, I didn't list him in my op. So, it goes without saying that he is a wack who is out in the fringe, much like Jessie and Al.

The difference, as I have pointed out, is who is getting the MSM attention, remember that Jesse Jackson actually ran for president. Using right leaning whack jobs as representing the right, while discounting the similar left leaning whack jobs as not representing the left, is the main logical problem with your argument.

Who do you think are the "face of the GOP" and how do their positions differ from the ones named in the OP?

Ya' know, I'm not even sure. I would say that Romney is/was the face of the GOP . . . I'm hard pressed to come up with another actually. Entertainers just aren't in the running. They do what they do and say what they say for their paychecks vis a vis their ratings; political shockjocks all.

Ya' know, I'm not even sure. I would say that Romney is/was the face of the GOP . . . I'm hard pressed to come up with another actually. Entertainers just aren't in the running. They do what they do and say what they say for their paychecks vis a vis their ratings; political shockjocks all.

Their ratings are an indication that many people support what they say and when it comes to the people mentioned in the OP, I doubt the people who support them are liberals.

While I don't think it's entirely accurate to call them "spokespersons", the fact that so many on the right support those blowhards is not meaningless either

The difference, as I have pointed out, is who is getting the MSM attention, remember that Jesse Jackson actually ran for president. Using right leaning whack jobs as representing the right, while discounting the similar left leaning whack jobs as not representing the left, is the main logical problem with your argument.

Uh, David Duke also ran for president. Rule one of holes: quit digging.

Not a deep person,are you?

Uh, David Duke also ran for president. Rule one of holes: quit digging.

I quite digging some time ago. It is you that continues to dig by holding up right wing whack jobs as represetative of the majority of the right while asserting that the left wing whack jobs are not representative of the majority of the left. That is simply nonsense.

Most Americans don't take the left or right seriously for the same reasons you quoted exclusively about the right above. That's why most Americans are centrists that maybe lean slightly one direction or another.

I quite digging some time ago. It is you that continues to dig by holding up right wing whack jobs as represetative of the majority of the right while asserting that the left wing whack jobs are not representative of the majority of the left. That is simply nonsense.
Really? Tell us. Who is the Left's version of Rush? Who on the liberal side spews venom like the haters: Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, Sean Hannity and Michael Savage?

pigboy-boxing.jpg

"Being a drug addict is a moral failing and a crime, unless you're a conservative radio host. Then it's an illness and you need our prayers for your recovery."

Really? Tell us. Who is the Left's version of Rush? Who on the liberal side spews venom like the haters: Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, Sean Hannity and Michael Savage?

While I understand your dislike for the various GOP bloviators, I just don't think they're very influential.
The Prez won a solid victory in 2012, in a bad economy, despite being demonized by the aforementioned cretins.
I doubt that Obama lost any votes because of Limbaugh's "he hates America" schtick.
So, let the big-mouths prattle on.
Obnoxious and loud as they are, they are irrelevant.

With the garbage these rightie lemmings are watching on the internet, I'll respectfullu disagree.
Even if the votes are minimal, which I disagree with, the division and hatred created is permanent.
While I understand your dislike for the various GOP bloviators, I just don't think they're very influential.
The Prez won a solid victory in 2012, in a bad economy, despite being demonized by the aforementioned cretins.
I doubt that Obama lost any votes because of Limbaugh's "he hates America" schtick.
So, let the big-mouths prattle on.
Obnoxious and loud as they are, they are irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom