• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Spokane murder not racially motivated [W:73]

sawyerloggingon

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
Political Leaning
Independent
Well they caught one of these turds and we can all rest easy, this was NOT racially motivated. How do we know this you may ask, well because the article says so over and over that is how. By the way I suggest that you do not in any way try to excuse this kind of reporting, just agree with me OK.

" SPOKANE, Wash-- Police transferred one of the suspect’s accused of killing a World War II veteran on Friday."

KREM 2 News received the first look at Demetrius Glenn, 16, in police custody as he was transferred from a juvenile detention facility to the main Spokane County Jail campus. Authorities said Glenn will be charged as an adult and booked at the main campus. He will later be transferred back to the juvenile detention facility for the weekend.

Police Chief Frank Straub held a brief press conference Friday about the investigation into the beating death of an Delbert Belton, 88. Straub stressed that the beating was not racially motivated.

Delbert Belton murder suspect transferred, second suspect wanted | KREM.com Spokane

Well they caught one of these turds and we can all rest easy, this was NOT racially motivated. How do we know this you may ask, well because the article says so over and over that is how. By the way I suggest that you do not in any way try to excuse this kind of reporting, just agree with me OK.

" SPOKANE, Wash-- Police transferred one of the suspect’s accused of killing a World War II veteran on Friday."

KREM 2 News received the first look at Demetrius Glenn, 16, in police custody as he was transferred from a juvenile detention facility to the main Spokane County Jail campus. Authorities said Glenn will be charged as an adult and booked at the main campus. He will later be transferred back to the juvenile detention facility for the weekend.

Police Chief Frank Straub held a brief press conference Friday about the investigation into the beating death of an Delbert Belton, 88. Straub stressed that the beating was not racially motivated.

Delbert Belton murder suspect transferred, second suspect wanted | KREM.com Spokane

It is likely that the suspect's lawyer is the primary source for the "fact" that race was not a consideration in their victim selection process, as this would make the case much more complex to defend since additional, possibly federal, charges would likely result. Since two suspects were involved, it is also likely that the first suspect to "lawyer up" and turn themselves in will assert that the other suspect was responsible for the fatal blows with the flashlight, seeking a plea deal in exchange for his cooperation with the criminal investigation.

The FBI determined that it was not racially motivated? Well, we all know what that's worth to Joe Public. I heard Trayvon's mother was making a rap song about racism, FBI be damned.

It's a well known fact, at least here at DP and throughout liberal America, that if a white person kills a person of color, it MUST be a racially motivated hate crime. But if a person of color kills a white person, it MUST be related to the person of color's social status, i.e. poor, and society's failure to overcome social injustice. Curiously, however, you don't hear a lot of poor white people killing rich or well to do people of color, do you? Nor do you hear a lot about poor white gangs gunning down members of other poor white gangs. And really, I can't explain it, because any time there's talk of the foodstamps program and other social welfare programs I'm always reminded that poor white people overwhelmingly account for the participants in these programs and people of color are only account for marginal numbers.

A real puzzler, isn't it?

Course you'd have to overlook damn near every other detail in this to stay with race.

Wolves don't prey on the strongest members of a herd.

89 year old bodies can't take much of a beating.

Robbery is a target of opportunity.

Despite what some on both sides of the race debate want so strongly to be true....

sometime a cigar is just a smoke...

Im willing to accept the crime was NOT a racially motivated crime, just another in an ever increasing number of violent criminal acts committed by worthless piece of **** assholes, a significant and increasing percentage of which just happen to be black. There. Everyone should be happy now.

Maybe THAT is what should be addressed by the race baiting charlatans and not the 'civil rights' issues.

It's always possible to speculate, given the context of hundreds of years of racial oppression, that when a crime involving a perpetrator and victim of different races occurs, the crime occurred because of race.

I do think some situations lend themselves more to speculation of race than others.

I'd give this situation a +1 (i.e. more likely to have involved racism) given that the killers did not know the victim and apparently didn't want his money or anything else. That eliminates the most obvious non-racist reasons for killing someone. Killing for sport is a very uncommon motivation, and that in this case it was apparently shared by three people is very odd.

I'd give it a -1 because one of the kids apparently is white, and as a general rule white-on-white racism isn't all that logical. And if the black kids hated white kids so much, why were they hanging out with a white kid?

So, in the end, I'd say it is most likely this is not a case involving racism -- it was most likely one guy with a serious psychological disorder and two others who either shared that disturbance or idiotically and recklessly didn't think he was going to kill anyone.

Since this case is being compared to Trayvon Martin, I will say there were more +1s there initially, and MSNBC didn't help by f***ing up the tape of the 911 call. I think by the time of trial it was apparent it wasn't a cold-blooded racist killing. Perhaps Zimmerman was motivated by racism in finding Martin suspicious in the first place, but that wouldn't have excused Martin attacking him. And it was just not beyond a reasonable doubt (arguably not even more likely than not) that Zimmerman hadn't acted, at that point, in legitimate self defense.

I don't have a problem with people questioning whether race was involved in either case. If we don't question, we have to rely on racists being honest about their intentions. That's not something I'm willing to do.

Im willing to accept the crime was NOT a racially motivated crime, just another in an ever increasing number of violent criminal acts committed by worthless piece of **** assholes, a significant and increasing percentage of which just happen to be black. There. Everyone should be happy now.

Maybe THAT is what should be addressed by the race baiting charlatans and not the 'civil rights' issues.

Agreed, but your proposed solution would require a re-examination of the welfare state policies that promote the dependency and irresponsibility so dear to the left. I predict that the left will reject that approach.

You mean like the guy who said if he had a son it might look like Trayvor?

It's a well known fact, at least here at DP and throughout liberal America, that if a white person kills a person of color, it MUST be a racially motivated hate crime. But if a person of color kills a white person, it MUST be related to the person of color's social status, i.e. poor, and society's failure to overcome social injustice. Curiously, however, you don't hear a lot of poor white people killing rich or well to do people of color, do you? Nor do you hear a lot about poor white gangs gunning down members of other poor white gangs. And really, I can't explain it, because any time there's talk of the foodstamps program and other social welfare programs I'm always reminded that poor white people overwhelmingly account for the participants in these programs and people of color are only account for marginal numbers.

A real puzzler, isn't it?

The poor white folks aren't bored. They're watching Duck Dynasty, hence guided on gun safety and reasonable gun use. :2razz:

This doesn't change much for me as the victim is still dead after an incredibly stupid crime. I do think it's odd that people seem to be disappointed that this wasn't racially motivated and seemingly at the edge of their seats waiting for a racially motivated crime with black perpetrators. I don't really get that unless it's supposed to be some sort of revenge after the Martin case. Indeed, it seems that after the Martin case, there's been a huge increase around the Web of white (primarily conservative) people salivating at crime perpetuated by blacks and on DP, I'm quite certain that the number of threads dedicated to such crimes has increased tenfold. There's about one everyday.

If you ask a 89 year old black man if that victim could have been him ......the answer would be a resounding yes.
In the case of a Travon Martin three things led to his murder:
1) He was black
2) He was un-armed
3) Zimmerman was armed ...and knew TM was unarmed(otherwise that thug would have stayed in his truck)

You guys should STFU and stop your whining.

Seriously ... I'm less irritated by your racism than I am by your constant screaming and whining.

So, this sub human beat an old man to death, but it wasn't racially motivated (according to the piece of ***'s lawyer)
Oh, that's a relief. All he did was commit a brutal murder, but he isn't a racist (according to his lawyer). That makes the crime oh, so much better.

It's a well known fact, at least here at DP and throughout liberal America, that if a white person kills a person of color, it MUST be a racially motivated hate crime. But if a person of color kills a white person, it MUST be related to the person of color's social status, i.e. poor, and society's failure to overcome social injustice.

According to the FBI, more than 16% of all racially motivated hate crimes were against white people

FBI — Victims

But you keep on believing that it never happens.

If you ask a 89 year old black man if that victim could have been him ......the answer would be a resounding yes.
1) He was black
2) He was un-armed
3) Zimmerman was armed ...and knew TM was unarmed(otherwise that thug would have stayed in his truck)

Seriously ... I'm less irritated by your racism than I am by your constant screaming and whining.

How many elderly black gentlemen have you polled?

1) He was black
2) He was un-armed

Three of the best BS points I've seen. :roll:

1) He was black
2) He was un-armed

That, sir, is the real racism in the nation. I had no idea that the beatdown in Wa had anything to do with a self defense issue in Fla, but I expect that the national baiters will leave this issue to the MSM and forum posters. Like the scum involved in the Spokane murder, they will go after the easy target.

My best guess is that this group of idiots would have taken out anyone at that time and place with the emphasis on their risk factor, not their race.

1) He was black
2) He was un-armed

Odd that your carefully selected, "important facts" of the case omit that TM knocked down, pinned and continued to beat GZ prior to the gunshot. Good thing that the prosecution and defense included that fact, via their witness testimony, or the jury might have missed that small detail.

Last edited:
Course you'd have to overlook damn near every other detail in this to stay with race.

Wolves don't prey on the strongest members of a herd.

89 year old bodies can't take much of a beating.

Robbery is a target of opportunity.

Despite what some on both sides of the race debate want so strongly to be true....

sometime a cigar is just a smoke...

They broke a flashlight over his head. Are you for real?

The point you want to ignore is that if two white kids beat an 88 year old black man to death race would be front and center instead of quickly dismissed.

It's always possible to speculate, given the context of hundreds of years of racial oppression, that when a crime involving a perpetrator and victim of different races occurs, the crime occurred because of race.

I do think some situations lend themselves more to speculation of race than others.

I'd give this situation a +1 (i.e. more likely to have involved racism) given that the killers did not know the victim and apparently didn't want his money or anything else. That eliminates the most obvious non-racist reasons for killing someone. Killing for sport is a very uncommon motivation, and that in this case it was apparently shared by three people is very odd.

I'd give it a -1 because one of the kids apparently is white, and as a general rule white-on-white racism isn't all that logical. And if the black kids hated white kids so much, why were they hanging out with a white kid?

So, in the end, I'd say it is most likely this is not a case involving racism -- it was most likely one guy with a serious psychological disorder and two others who either shared that disturbance or idiotically and recklessly didn't think he was going to kill anyone.

Since this case is being compared to Trayvon Martin, I will say there were more +1s there initially, and MSNBC didn't help by f***ing up the tape of the 911 call. I think by the time of trial it was apparent it wasn't a cold-blooded racist killing. Perhaps Zimmerman was motivated by racism in finding Martin suspicious in the first place, but that wouldn't have excused Martin attacking him. And it was just not beyond a reasonable doubt (arguably not even more likely than not) that Zimmerman hadn't acted, at that point, in legitimate self defense.

I don't have a problem with people questioning whether race was involved in either case. If we don't question, we have to rely on racists being honest about their intentions. That's not something I'm willing to do.

Wrong murder.

This doesn't change much for me as the victim is still dead after an incredibly stupid crime. I do think it's odd that people seem to be disappointed that this wasn't racially motivated and seemingly at the edge of their seats waiting for a racially motivated crime with black perpetrators. I don't really get that unless it's supposed to be some sort of revenge after the Martin case. Indeed, it seems that after the Martin case, there's been a huge increase around the Web of white (primarily conservative) people salivating at crime perpetuated by blacks and on DP, I'm quite certain that the number of threads dedicated to such crimes has increased tenfold. There's about one everyday.

Not salivating, just throwing your s*** right back at you, how's it taste?

1) He was black
2) He was un-armed

The jury that saw all the evidence disagrees with you.

Yet the assertion (note that I am not accusing you of having that attitude) that race plays a role in crime victim selection only when the victim is a minority and the perp is white is equally goofy. There are very few interracial murders so that "trend" in crime is not evident in either direction, although a higher percentage of cases of blacks killing whites exist than the reverse.

Back
Top Bottom