• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Spokane murder not racially motivated [W:73]

Odd that your carefully selected, "important facts" of the case omit that TM knocked down, pinned and continued to beat GZ prior to the gunshot. Good thing that the prosecution and defense included that fact, via their witness testimony, or the jury might have missed that small detail.

You mean after Zimmerman followed Martin, and continuously followed him after Martin started running?

Yet the assertion (note that I am not accusing you of having that attitude) that race plays a role in crime victim selection only when the victim is a minority and the perp is white is equally goofy. There are very few interracial murders so that "trend" in crime is not evident in either direction, although a higher percentage of cases of blacks killing whites exist than the reverse.
While racially motivated crimes do not have non-white victims exclusively and while a higher percentage of blacks kill whites than the reverse, racially motivated crimes are perpetrated by whites against non-whites more than the reverse. Therefore, the angst so many white (usually conservative) people seem to feel over white on black racially motivated crimes getting more coverage is misguided.

All the race baiting in the Zim case to be precise but don't play dumb, you of course know that.
Okay, so in your previous post you say that you are "throwing my ****" back at me. Above, you state that "my ****" refers to "race baiting." This means that you just admitted to race baiting.

Last edited:
All the race baiting in the Zim case to be precise but don't play dumb, you of course know that.

40 years ago, a white killing a black would not have made major news, this was especially true in the states that were part of the confederate states.

Medger Evers, a leader of the Mississippi NAACP, was murdered in his driveway by a man with a sniper rifle. It took 40 years for medger Evers murderer, Byron de lebeckwith, to be convicted and sent to prision.

Considering all the complaining about the lack of outrage over black on white violence I find somthing ironic.

You mean after Zimmerman followed Martin, and continuously followed him after Martin started running?

Yes. Following/observing is not illegal while assault and battery is illegal.

The point you want to ignore is that if two white kids beat an 88 year old black man to death race would be front and center instead of quickly dismissed.

So arresting them and bringing them up on murder charges is "quickly dismissed?" You have an interesting dictionary.

40 years ago, a white killing a black would not have made major news, this was especially true in the states that were part of the confederate states.

Medger Evers, a leader of the Mississippi NAACP, was murdered in his driveway by a man with a sniper rifle. It took 40 years for medger Evers murderer, Byron de lebeckwith, to be convicted and sent to prision.

Considering all the complaining about the lack of outrage over black on white violence I find somthing ironic.

Well that was before the well known Republican, Martin Luther King changed everything...

Yes. Following/observing is not illegal while assault and battery is illegal.

Martin (who was a boy) was followed, at night, continuously, by a stranger. After trying to run away, he was continuously followed. He felt scared and threatened and he reacted.

However, we don't know who was the first to lay the finger. So, when any other teenager is walking at night and is followed or feels threatened, they should just remind themselves that they're screwed no matter what.

While racially motivated crimes do not have non-white victims exclusively and while a higher percentage of blacks kill whites than the reverse, racially motivated crimes are perpetrated by whites against non-whites more than the reverse. Therefore, the angst so many white (usually conservative) people seem to feel over white on black racially motivated crimes getting more coverage is misguided.

But the judgment of what constitutes a "hate" or "racially motivated" crime is not universally accepted, nor is it apt to be sought (either as a sentnce enhancer or additional charge) since it further complicates the case and reduces the chances of a conviction. Some states simply allow the judge to determine the applicability of that charge/enhancement while others require that only a jury may do so. Proving the precise motive is very difficult, as opposed to proving that the accused simply commited the basic crime. If a robbery victim is chosen based 55% on the likelyhood of getting a fairly large amount of money/property, 30% on their ability to resist force and 15% on their race/sexual orientation/ethnicity is that a "hate" crime?

The point you want to ignore is that if two white kids beat an 88 year old black man to death race would be front and center instead of quickly dismissed.
Im not ignoring it...Im playing the silly game. WHat...you cant see that?

Martin (who was a boy) was followed, at night, continuously, by a stranger. After trying to run away, he was continuously followed. He felt scared and threatened and he reacted.

However, we don't know who was the first to lay the finger. So, when any other teenager is walking at night and is followed or feels threatened, they should just remind themselves that they're screwed no matter what.

Upon what witness testimony do you base this "fact"?

You mean like the guy who said if he had a son it might look like Trayvor?
He's the worst of the group. He is a political panderer. He 'cares'...so far a whole two or three times throughout his presidency.

The poor white folks aren't bored. They're watching Duck Dynasty, hence guided on gun safety and reasonable gun use. :2razz:

It's a humorous note you're making but there's some truth behind it - as you say, poor whites have some responsible models of gun use to follow whereas poor blacks seem to only have rappers and gangbangers as their gun use role models.

You had to go back 40 years for your comparative sampling? Thats...****ing hilarious!

:lamo

But the judgment of what constitutes a "hate" or "racially motivated" crime is not universally accepted, nor is it apt to be sought (either as a sentnce enhancer or additional charge) since it further complicates the case and reduces the chances of a conviction. Some states simply allow the judge to determine the applicability of that charge/enhancement while others require that only a jury may do so. Proving the precise motive is very difficult, as opposed to proving that the accused simply commited the basic crime. If a robbery victim is chosen based 55% on the likelyhood of getting a fairly large amount of money/property, 30% on their ability to resist force and 15% on their race/sexual orientation/ethnicity is that a "hate" crime?
It is difficult to determine the motive which is why racially motivated hate crimes are difficult to prove in court and thus, difficult to get on the record. That difficulty reinforces the fact that whites are more responsible for racially motivated attacks than non-whites and, again, demonstrates that the angst many white people feel over the coverage of racially motivated attacks is unjustified. After all, that hate crimes require such an ample amount of evidence makes it clear that racially motivated attacks aren't determined trivially.

I really don't see why there should be a difference whether a brutal murder, or assault, or any other violent crime is motivated by hate, racism, lust, greed, or simply boredom. Beating someone to death has the same result for the victim, and should for the perp as well. A lifetime of hard labor would be a good choice.

It is difficult to determine the motive which is why racially motivated hate crimes are difficult to prove in court and thus, difficult to get on the record. That difficulty reinforces the fact that whites are more responsible for racially motivated attacks than non-whites and, again, demonstrates that the angst many white people feel over the coverage of racially motivated attacks is unjustified. After all, that hate crimes require such an ample amount of evidence makes it clear that racially motivated attacks aren't determined trivially.

That is based on some very screwed up logic. Using absolute numbers of offenses you are quite correct. But to expect that 13% of the U.S. population would commit as many or more crimes than 63% of the U.S. population is quite a stretch.

U.S. population black/white racial makeup by percenatge is:

African Americans are the largest racial minority, amounting to nearly 13% of the population.[4][6] The White, non-Hispanic or Latino population make up 63% of the nation's total.[5]

Racially motivated hate crimes most frequently targeted blacks. Six in ten racially biased incidents targeted blacks, and 3 in 10 targeted whites.

OK so if 60% of the racially motivated crimes are done by whites (slightly lower than their representation in the total U.S. population), and 30% are done by blacks (a bit over twice their representaion in the U.S. total population), that means what?

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/ascii/hcrn99.txt

Race and ethnicity in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well they caught one of these turds and we can all rest easy, this was NOT racially motivated. How do we know this you may ask, well because the article says so over and over that is how. By the way I suggest that you do not in any way try to excuse this kind of reporting, just agree with me OK.

On what exactly do you base your suspicion that it was racially motivated?

Agreed, but your proposed solution would require a re-examination of the welfare state policies that promote the dependency and irresponsibility so dear to the left. I predict that the left will reject that approach.

It is these kind of ridiculous accusations that create the gaping partisan divide we see today. Do you really think that people on the left strive to create dependency and irresponsibility? Can I then say that people on the right are war mongers and hate filled, selfish and narrow minded who would just as soon see children and old women die in the street as help them? NO. Judge the effectiveness of policy not the character of its members

It is these kind of ridiculous accusations that create the gaping partisan divide we see today. Do you really think that people on the left strive to create dependency and irresponsibility? Can I then say that people on the right are war mongers and hate filled, selfish and narrow minded who would just as soon see children and old women die in the street as help them? NO. Judge the effectiveness of policy not the character of its members

It may not have been their intent to create dependency, but that is the way it has worked out ever since LBJ started his War On Poverty with special preferences for minorities that completely destroyed the family structure. The problem now is how to address these root causes, because those efforts will definitely have a "disparate impact" on that part of the population that have to be socialized back to civilized behavior and that will elicit more cries of "racism" from the crowd that caused the problem in the first place.

It may not have been their intent to create dependency, but that is the way it has worked out ever since LBJ started his War On Poverty with special preferences for minorities that completely destroyed the family structure. The problem now is how to address these root causes, because those efforts will definitely have a "disparate impact" on that part of the population that have to be socialized back to civilized behavior and that will elicit more cries of "racism" from the crowd that caused the problem in the first place.

Well that's a different matter then isn't it. I don't completely disagree with you. I would not consider it a root cause I would consider it, in some cases, a counter-productive by product. I don't think anyone benefits if we abolish the programs we have in place I think we all benefit if we tighten them up. It's like anything that is started with the best of intentions, there are some that will find a way to take advantage of it. That doesn't mean that it is a bad idea it means you have to adjust how it is executed as its flaws are uncovered.

The jury that saw all the evidence disagrees with you.

He knows that but he keeps posting the same crap time and time again.

It isn't worth the time to keep answering the same think over and over again.

Back
Top Bottom