• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Spitzer and Weiner back in politics and thriving

Like other's haven't denied it? I think an unfortunate majority of people would deny that out right at first.

So you're saying you think most people are weak and lack character. Okay?

He still lied about it to the voting public; for that same public to elect someone who directly lied to their faces is a bit silly. How do you trust anything he says after that bull**** about his account being hacked?

So you're saying you think most people are weak and lack character. Okay?

He still lied about it to the voting public; for that same public to elect someone who directly lied to their faces is a bit silly. How do you trust anything he says after that bull**** about his account being hacked?

Now I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I don't really trust any national politician farther than I can throw them. I would think a politician lies to us every single day.

Also I don't trust Anthony Wiener, I do believe is he is dishonest, and I do not support him for mayor. The point I tried to make though that his infraction is not nearly of the degree that many on the left and right have made, though as many have pointed out here many on the right successfully got back into politics, and I have seen fairly little alarm over that.

Personally...after 5 years on the lamb...I have absolutely no issue with Spitzer regaining the original position he lost.

His issue to me was like Bill Clinton...great job market...great housing market...Wall Street on fire ...let Bill and Hillary deal with the Lewinsky issue.
In a similar way ...Wall street and the banks still today runs over everybody and he was a thorn in their side for very good reasons.

The guy went away for 5 years ...is very repentant .....I wish he was running for more than Comptroller!!

I agree....he was the governor before.

New York’s Creep-Off Election

On average, it seems to me, Republicans punish sexual transgressors more harshly, and certainly the left-wing media is relentlessly one-sided in the matter. Sanford, Foley, and Craig got no media quarter on the one hand, whereas on the other, Newsweek actually tried to bury the Clinton affair story, filmmakers turned out the documentary Client 9 to try to soft-soap Spitzer’s whoring, and NBC’s Today show brought on “experts” during the Weiner scandal to advise us to stop being so “puritanical” and get over it.

Should we get over it, I wonder? Is New York’s current Creep-Off election a token of the city’s sophistication, a harbinger of the end of the republic, or something in between?

New York's Creep-Off Election by Andrew Klavan - City Journal

So let me see if I have this correctly

New York's next mayor will be Anthony Weiner, while his comptroller is going to be Elliot Spitzer.

Wow. Moral bankruptcy is no longer a liability if you are a Democrat, and they appear to have no shame about that fact. And they wonder why the rest of us are scared to death every day they have the reigns of power.

p.s. if these guys were republicans......no chance they are ever heard from again.

The question is: enough people voted in these jokers and which is a reflection of the electorate--who themselves have no sense of morality. Ultimately, the electorate has only itself to blame for making bad choices. End of story.

Back
Top Bottom