• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Spirits and Souls [W:103]

Re: Spirits and Souls

I literally cannot count the number of people I know that have experienced a brief feeling of physical closeness of someone after the death of that person, often, but not necessarily immediately, whether they knew of the death or not. Almost a final stopping by to say good buy.

Yes, it is quite common but so many are not open to this and will ignore it or say it is coincidence----there really is no such thing as coincidence...

Animals have souls just as we do.. They were created by God/Source just as we were.... God created the universe and everything in it from his own ethereal substance--thus we are part of the Source as He is part of us....

God blew the breath of life into man and created us to rule over the animals. He created mankind in his image, not animals. It is a sin to murder a human being but not animals.

I am not saying you are absolutely wrong. It does say there will be animals in heaven. I don't however see frogs and mosquitoes having a soul in the Bible.

No, since souls are a construct of religious myth and not real. But they have ancestors: most of us, i.e., Europeans and Asians. Africans did not breed with Neanderthals, as can be identified in gene samples yet taken. But Europeans and Asian have tons of Neanderthal genes, which was a surprise, since while cross-species breeding was to be expected, it was thought the offspring would be sterile. Seems not, and could explain the Political Right: a smidge Neanderthal heavy, genetically. (just my theory on it ;) )

You are so wrong and it really doesn't have to have anything to do with religion...

God blew the breath of life into man and created us to rule over the animals. He created mankind in his image, not animals. It is a sin to murder a human being but not animals.

I am not saying you are absolutely wrong. It does say there will be animals in heaven. I don't however see frogs and mosquitoes having a soul in the Bible.

I believe all animated creatures have the spirit of life within them but to what degree they reach conscious awareness is a key turning point.

I think that a soul is something that is very nice to want and comforting to believe in; but that's about the end of it.

Actually you have a soul/spirit whether you want one or not...

I believe humans are special, as they are the only creatures on earth that have souls. Animals have spirit, but no souls.

I know that some people actually believe this, but your spirit "is" your soul... Some people believe this because they have seen Spirit with a body...this is only an ethereal body which can be manifested at will mostly for recognition purposes....

I know that some people actually believe this, but your spirit "is" your soul... Some people believe this because they have seen Spirit with a body...this is only an ethereal body which can be manifested at will mostly for recognition purposes....

The spirit is a life giving force that acquires a personality or another soul from the experiences of a physical body. It takes a mix of spirit and body to make an individual soul. But the spirit is not limited to one person or at all because it is God's life essence and He has his own unique soul.

Actually you have a soul/spirit whether you want one or not...

Love to see you prove that, and it's been tried but never found to exist. It's a nice concept though.

Sorry, I am not a believer in the book called the bible....Everything that exists on earth already existed on the Otherwise...God is Spirit and I don't believe that he has or needs "breath"...so he didn't breathe into anybody...God doesn't have an image--He is Spirit/Energy/Love and Light... and so are you....

The spirit is a life giving force that acquires a personality or another soul from the experiences of a physical body. It takes a mix of spirit and body to make an individual soul. But the spirit is not limited to one person or at all because it is God's life essence and He has his own unique soul.

What? We are Spiritual Beings temporarily in a physical body and this is not our true Home.....Each soul/spirit is a unique and individual entity, but part of the source. Spirit animates the physical body..God is the universe--creating and expanding....

Love to see you prove that, and it's been tried but never found to exist. It's a nice concept though.

I would assume that you have never seen, heard or felt Spirit....

What? We are Spiritual Beings temporarily in a physical body and this is not our true Home.....Each soul/spirit is a unique and individual entity, but part of the source. Spirit animates the physical body..God is the universe--creating and expanding....

I agree we are part of the source but we are not the complete source. Though a drop of water has all the same qualities as the seas it is not the whole ocean. And we attain our unique personalities or souls thru our own experiences in this life. There is only we and us and I, me and them do not exist.

I would assume that you have never seen, heard or felt Spirit....
I converse with Spirits often, usually 12-year-old and older single malts. In contrast to your souls, those are real.

I agree we are part of the source but we are not the complete source. Though a drop of water has all the same qualities as the seas it is not the whole ocean. And we attain our unique personalities or souls thru our own experiences in this life. There is only we and us and I, me and them do not exist.

Our ultimate goal is to reunify with Creator/Source.. Where do you get this "we attain our unique personalities or souls thru our experiences in this life"...... We are "already" unique souls when we merge with the fetus is the womb....

Our ultimate goal is to reunify with Creator/Source.. Where do you get this "we attain our unique personalities or souls thru our experiences in this life"...... We are "already" unique souls when we merge with the fetus is the womb....

We are blank souls or spirit essence when we emerge within the womb, only to attain our unique personalities thru a combination of our DNA and experiences. The Creator didn't make the world as a fools errand but rather as an agent of natural progression. All that has happened to me has shaped me into who I am.

Our ultimate goal is to become unique before we reunite with the universal source.

We are blank souls or spirit essence when we emerge within the womb, only to attain our unique personalities thru a combination of our DNA and experiences. The Creator didn't make the world as a fools errand but rather as an agent of natural progression. All that has happened to me has shaped me into who I am.
If you understood DNA you'd know we aren't blank, far from it. That glass is mostly full, which is the truly frightening part.

Sorry, I am not a believer in the book called the bible....Everything that exists on earth already existed on the Otherwise...God is Spirit and I don't believe that he has or needs "breath"...so he didn't breathe into anybody...God doesn't have an image--He is Spirit/Energy/Love and Light... and so are you....

The problem is you can no more prove that than I can prove my position. So stating it as fact when it is not does not add weight to your argument.

If you understood DNA you'd know we aren't blank, far from it. That glass is mostly full, which is the truly frightening part.

No, I agree we are partially hardwired with DNA and instincts but a certain amount remains unprogrammed, which is the part that makes us unique. I believe we have a certain amount of choice or freewill that gives us our signature.

No, I agree we are partially hardwired with DNA and instincts but a certain amount remains unprogrammed, which is the part that makes us unique. I believe we have a certain amount of choice or freewill that gives us our signature.
Look at twin studies and you'll see just how small that is, painfully so.

Look at twin studies and you'll see just how small that is, painfully so.

You're comparing two individuals from the same womb with every other person, which is not an honest evaluation.

You're comparing two individuals from the same womb with every other person, which is not an honest evaluation.
It's not the resort, it's what they ordered for lunch and how they paid the bill.

Sorry, it just ain't that easy..:mrgreen:
Oh but it is. Where's does what comes from a source return to if not to the source?

Back
Top Bottom