• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Spiders and getting rid of them

rivrrat

Goddess of Bacon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Okay, first off let me say that spiders don't really bother me per se. I have no issue with them, I don't get squeamish, I don't scream and run. Usually, I just ignore them. I don't even bother killing them. They can actually help keep down other bugs in the home.

However!

My place has become overrun with spiders. Now, do note that I don't always see the actual spiders themselves, what I DO see are spiderwebs. EVERY. ****ING. WHERE. I vacuum them up and the next day, they're there again. All over, in all the corners high and low (and I have 10ft high ceilings), in between the legs on my coffee and end tables, under the edges of my cabinets in my kitchen, under my couch, in the corners of the stairs. IN MY ****ING POTS AND PANS. I even woke up one morning to walk through a ****ing spiderweb in my doorway. The other night, I was sitting on the couch and a spider dropped down from the ceiling on a line of silk to dangle right in front of my face. (okay, THAT kind of startled me LOL)

Add to this the fact that I have a dog and cat that both shed a good deal. So, their hair gets caught in all of these spiderwebs too.

So I'm thinking of getting one of those things that you plug into an outlet that emits some sonar thing that is supposed to drive away pests. (like Pest Offense) I was wondering if anyone here had used anything like that, though? And if they worked?

Spiders hate hedge apples.

I have the best spider web control device you can get, it's called a bigger spider that eats little spiders and doesn't spin webs, i have a Huntsman spider at either end of the house, and they will catch and eat any other spiders, moths and bugs that come into my house, and they're great for scaring people :mrgreen:

I have the best spider web control device you can get, it's called a bigger spider that eats little spiders and doesn't spin webs, i have a Huntsman spider at either end of the house, and they will catch and eat any other spiders, moths and bugs that come into my house, and they're great for scaring people :mrgreen:

Okay, being a sucker for punishment, I had to look it up. I almost went into a hyperventilating fit just from the pictures. Good gawd... do they eat dogs too?

SpidersBigandSmall.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, first off let me say that spiders don't really bother me per se. I have no issue with them, I don't get squeamish, I don't scream and run. Usually, I just ignore them. I don't even bother killing them. They can actually help keep down other bugs in the home.

However!

My place has become overrun with spiders. Now, do note that I don't always see the actual spiders themselves, what I DO see are spiderwebs. EVERY. ****ING. WHERE. I vacuum them up and the next day, they're there again. All over, in all the corners high and low (and I have 10ft high ceilings), in between the legs on my coffee and end tables, under the edges of my cabinets in my kitchen, under my couch, in the corners of the stairs. IN MY ****ING POTS AND PANS. I even woke up one morning to walk through a ****ing spiderweb in my doorway. The other night, I was sitting on the couch and a spider dropped down from the ceiling on a line of silk to dangle right in front of my face. (okay, THAT kind of startled me LOL)

Add to this the fact that I have a dog and cat that both shed a good deal. So, their hair gets caught in all of these spiderwebs too.

So I'm thinking of getting one of those things that you plug into an outlet that emits some sonar thing that is supposed to drive away pests. (like Pest Offense) I was wondering if anyone here had used anything like that, though? And if they worked?

I have a solution.

Move to Antarctica. :2razz:

Okay, being a sucker for punishment, I had to look it up. I almost went into a hyperventilating fit just from the pictures. Good gawd... do they eat dogs too?

SpidersBigandSmall.jpg

:lol: if you think they're bad, you should see some of the ones they have in Northern Australia, i'm down south where it's too cold for the big ones, but some of the tropical Orb Spiders are quite fantastic.

easpider122.jpg

:mrgreen:

Not sure if it will work on spiders but Imidacloprid is a good insecticide

If you want to go the natural method use a nicotine based insecticide (imidacloprid is a variation on the nicotine molecule).

You will at least get rid of the food for the spiders if you dont kill the spiders themselves

You need to catch one of the bigger spiders, preferably a 'boss' or commanding spider -- the type-a spider, giving all the orders...

Catch that spider and make an example out of him.

After that, the rest will leave you alone.

SpidersBigandSmall.jpg

Okay, this picture is freaking me out. :shock:
I freaking hate spiders.

Not sure if it will work on spiders but Imidacloprid is a good insecticide

If you want to go the natural method use a nicotine based insecticide (imidacloprid is a variation on the nicotine molecule).

You will at least get rid of the food for the spiders if you dont kill the spiders themselves

Imidacloprid is one of the best, but it's quite toxic. I wouldn't use it in my house.

RR, my old roommate had a spider phobia, and (no joke) she bought this little machine that supposedly put out an annoying sound that only insects hear. I laughed at the thing, but dangit, it worked.

Imidacloprid is one of the best, but it's quite toxic. I wouldn't use it in my house.

RR, my old roommate had a spider phobia, and (no joke) she bought this little machine that supposedly put out an annoying sound that only insects hear. I laughed at the thing, but dangit, it worked.

That sounds like the thing I was talking about in the OP. I was wondering if it worked or not.

SpidersBigandSmall.jpg

You know, I said that spiders didn't freak me out and whatnot, but if THAT was in my place, I think I'd pee my pants a little every time I saw it.

That sounds like the thing I was talking about in the OP. I was wondering if it worked or not.

Forget the sonic devices, I'm telling you, pick out the biggest, baddest ones and make an example out of them...

Oh, and don't play that music -- I recommend The Ride Of The Valkyries blasting all over the house while torching the Commanders and their Lieutenants.... The rest will be packing their bags before you're half-way done.

Trust me.

Back
Top Bottom