• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Speed Camera also checks your seatbelt, insurance & can call the police

Nothing in here to support this:

Incorrect supposition on your part. Unless you have a source that the government shortened the yellow lights, which would be likely criminal. A simple comparison between intersection yellow light times would be all that was needed to find this out.

Also the spray should be illegal.

I know the how long the lights in my town were before the camera's they are shortened. Why is it you do not address the fact that longer yellow lights reduced accidents while Cameras increase them.

6 Cities That Were Caught Shortening Yellow Light Times For Profit

Thanks for the info....

Its about money. Also being safe isnt always following the speed limit. Although I am for wearing seatbelts I dont feel that I should demand others to do so. The government needs to stay the hell out of peoples business. Minimum involvement unless I request help. That doesnt include illegal mexicans BTW. They have zero rights in a Country they shouldnt be in, in the 1st place. But thats another discussion.

Its about money.

Maybe....

That doesnt include illegal mexicans BTW. They have zero rights in a Country they shouldnt be in, in the 1st place. But thats another discussion.

You're right, that is another discussion. So the police and hospitals shouldn't help illegals?

Its about money.
And? Is that wrong? If we have a system in place to catch and punish people for breaking the law AND help earn some revenue at the same time, is that such a terrible thing?

Also being safe isnt always following the speed limit.
You CAN contest tickets.

Although I am for wearing seatbelts I dont feel that I should demand others to do so.
So you'd rather turn a fender-bender into vehicular manslaughter?

Mandatory seatbelt laws have saved probably tens of thousands of lives and it is NOT a hardship to wear a seatbelt so sit down, shut up, and buckle in.

At bare minimum, fewer deaths on the road mean lower insurance premiums AND a savings to EMS.

Last edited:
From a psychological perspective, speed cameras suck, by the time you get the ticket, you are psychologically disassociated from the event, and thus learn nothing from it, and don't change your behaviour.

From a psychological perspective, speed cameras suck, by the time you get the ticket, you are psychologically disassociated from the event, and thus learn nothing from it, and don't change your behaviour.
Yes but the memory of the ticket serves to dissuade future infractions.

Yes but the memory of the ticket serves to dissuade future infractions.

Wrong. An Officer talking to you and explaining why you are wrong is an event you do not forget. A ticket in the mail is just another bill.

I'm becoming more and more bothered by the **** towards computeration for everything.
I see it as being lazy.

Everything from teachers who depend on online text-sources for all homework and quiz proctoring and grading to computers becoming an intricate part of medical diagnostics.

there's no substitute for *people*

I'm becoming more and more bothered by the **** towards computeration for everything.
I see it as being lazy.

Everything from teachers who depend on online text-sources for all homework and quiz proctoring and grading to computers becoming an intricate part of medical diagnostics.

there's no substitute for *people*

The good thing about this is the penalty for putting a bullet through it is much less than if it were a person. :mrgreen:

Stupid technology!!! Another BS revenue stream! Im starting to think Europe has more freedom than WE do!!!!

ASSET speed camera also checks your seatbelt, insurance, can call the police all by its lonesome

By Tim Stevens
writer_rss.gif
posted Nov 8th 2010 9:13AM

asset-camera-2010-11-08-250.jpg
Speed cameras have dubious legality in many places here in the States, but over in Europe they're an ugly fact of life. Now they're getting smarter, and the first is going into deployment in Finland. It's called ASSET, the Advanced Safety and Driver Support for Essential Road Transport, which confusingly abbreviates to ASDSERT and is the product of £7 million in government funding and years of development. Each of the £50,000 (about $80,000) cameras can naturally tell just how fast you're going and, if you're speeding, take a picture of you and your license plate number. That's just the beginning. It can also look up the status of your insurance, tell if you're wearing a seatbelt, and ding you for tailgaiting, all while sitting alone on the side of the road, relying on a wireless data connection and an internal generator to be totally self-sufficient. Whether or not this is scary depends largely on your propensity for speed, but know that the things will be getting built into police cars soon and will shortly be heading over here to our big, wide American highways
ASSET speed camera also checks your seatbelt, insurance, can call the police all by its lonesome -- Engadget

Personally I think these cameras should be banned. They are just a step towards cameras in public spaces and then the government monitoring everything you do, especially since drones have been approved for public use. Plus this goes against the concept of facing your accuser in court. If they want to catch people speeding, running red lights, not having insurance or not wearing seat belts then station a police man in the troubled area. People seem to forget that it is the government that is supposed to serve the people not the other way around.

I am not sure how accurate this site is.
PhotoEnforced.com

I also wonder how effective these are.I heard sprays and plate covers don't do ****.
Amazon.com: GPS Angel V4E Red Light and Speed Camera Detector - Includes Lifetime Camera Database Subscription: Electronics: Reviews, Prices & more

This is a great innovation! I can’t wait until cities lower the speed limit to 50MPH on the highways that pass nearby and set their cameras to issue tickets when people drive 50.01MPH. That will definitely make people safer!

On a related note, anyone else think that impalement will come back in style when everyone gets ticketed except the grandmas driving 45mph down the highway?

Back
Top Bottom