• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Special Forces Stops Theives From Robbing French McDonald's

11Bravo

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

Yep. Two geniuses rob a McDonalds and try to make out with a few thousand in cash. Little do they know, the French Navy SEAL equivalents (in a sense) were enjoying a nice big mac and armed to the teeth (apparently in France, military personnel can be armed. I guess their country trusts them).

These feel good stories of armed, off duty personnel, serving their country by stopping dangerous and armed criminals, is perfect to lighten up our mood from this whole Trump and Clinton thing. Please enjoy this read.

Re: Criminals rob store loaded with Special Forces

Yep. Two geniuses rob a McDonalds and try to make out with a few thousand in cash. Little do they know, the French Navy SEAL equivalents (in a sense) were enjoying a nice big mac and armed to the teeth (apparently in France, military personnel can be armed. I guess their country trusts them).

These feel good stories of armed, off duty personnel, serving their country by stopping dangerous and armed criminals, is perfect to lighten up our mood from this whole Trump and Clinton thing. Please enjoy this read.

GIGN doesn't **** around

French thieves aren't any smarter than American thieves, are they?

Saying that the GIGN is law enforcement......

That, right there, is funny.

Gotta love that. It brought to mind that line by Clint Eastwood's character in Gran Torino : "Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have f***** with?"

They are law enforcement. Even though the Gendarmarie is technically part of the military, their main role is peacekeeping and policing duties during peacetime, as well as counter terrorist activities.

P

They are law enforcement. Even though the Gendarmarie is technically part of the military, their main role is peacekeeping and policing duties during peacetime, as well as counter terrorist activities.

P

Yea people keep saying that. It's confusing me though because I saw their demonstration at Ft. Benning after Best Ranger.

Are the LEO or military? This was a military showing

French thieves aren't any smarter than American thieves, are they?

Suppose not. To their defense, they didn't realize hell on earth was in that McDonalds to begin with

Yea people keep saying that. It's confusing me though because I saw their demonstration at Ft. Benning after Best Ranger.

They're kinda a hybrid formation from my understanding. Technically under military command and given special forces/spec ops style training but also with an additional policing/ peacekeeping responsibility.

Sorta like if, say, Chicago PD's SWAT team consisted of guys who had gone through Ranger school but instead of operating with the rest of the 75th Ranger Regiment they were utilized separately as more of a police force.

That reminds me of a movie where two guys try to rob a bar.

It was a cop bar.

It did not end well for the thieves.

The UEFA soccer championship kicked off tonight, France is full of supporters from a dozen countries, with their security forces on high alert for possible terror attacks, (and as we are seeing tonight, in Marseilles, England/Russia fan violence) what on earth were they thinking?
I noticed one report where one guy was arrested, but the other waved his shotgun and got a round in his stomach for his pains. BOTH had to be taken to hospital!

Last edited:

Oops.

Did they surrender their Big Mac's? LOL!

Both, in France federal law enforcement is organized under the Military Police and considered on the rolls of the Armed Forces. legally adminsitered by the Ministry of Defence.

That reminds me of a movie where two guys try to rob a bar.

It was a cop bar.

It did not end well for the thieves.

Kind of like the Glock Pistols commercial.

They are soldiers under the law, but also granted policing powers.

Continental Europe has a long tradition of standing ground armies, when soldiers are not at war they were utilized as peacekeepers in the towns, it grows off of this tradition. They are military personnel, but are detailed for law enforcement duties.

The UEFA soccer championship kicked off tonight, France is full of supporters from a dozen countries, with their security forces on high alert for possible terror attacks, (and as we are seeing tonight, in Marseilles, England/Russia fan violence) what on earth were they thinking?
I noticed one report where one guy was arrested, but the other waved his shotgun and got a round in his stomach for his pains. BOTH had to be taken to hospital!

Yes, one was shot and the other "fell down the stairs." Don't these guys know anything about French history? They get epically hangry. Best to leave them to their sausage mcmuffins.

Back
Top Bottom