• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Speaker Boehner: Judge Congress by how many laws it repeals, not passes

So fewer laws protecting our food supply are a good idea, and come at no cost?

You have to love conservative delusions.

Well, they take the libertarian approach. If businesses sell tainted meet or other food, and people die, then they will go out of business. So the government doesn't have to be involved at all, you see.

:shock: I just came across this article from NBCNews.com and could not believe what I had just read.

Isn't is Congress' job to create laws? I think I read that somewhere. Ummmm...the Constitution perhaps? :roll:

Clearly, he's referring to yet another attempt to repeal ObamaCare, but when you've tried it and failed nearly 40 times (38 on last count), it tells me you're doing an even worse job at repealing laws by your standard, Mr. Boehner, than Congress' present record of only passing 15 laws to day during this congressional session.

Like Gov. Jindal once said of the Republican Party, "Stop being stupid!".

Its Congress' job to not only create laws, but also review and adapt past laws to current circumstances. I think we are long over due for such a review.

So fewer laws protecting our food supply are a good idea, and come at no cost?

You have to love conservative delusions.

Fewer laws restricting our food supply by silly things such as mandated raisin reserves and billions in subsidies for big agriculture to throw away crops would be a great start.

A stalemate, which gets nothing done, is an improvement over what we got when the Democrats controlled both houses.

Better to do nothing at all than to do that which will only cause more harm.

And if the will of the people wants Gay Marriage and Abortion legal I suppose you'll sit back and hail to the "Will of the people" rather than being a stubborn religious extremist and call those things "evil".

They can repeal the Patriot Act and all the other giant powers they have awarded themselves. Maybe they can repeal their special health care coverage and just be like us regular folks. They can certainly repeal this pointless ethanol project. I bet we can come up with a bunch more without endangering anyone except those special interests and political rewards.

I'm holding my breath so be sure to let me know when this happens....

If I put a law book in a meat locker, will that protect our food? How many laws make a difference, how thick of a law book would make our food hazard-free? Hmmmm. I'll bet you won't answer without saying "meme", "tea party", "rightwing noise machine", or "delusion".

Aww, spoiler alert - what will HOJ do now?

Could one of you Boner-believers here list the laws that Congress has repealed?

They've tried, but hard to do with an obstructionist Democrat Senate and White House. But they should get credit for not caving in and being persistent.

Well, they take the libertarian approach. If businesses sell tainted meet or other food, and people die, then they will go out of business. So the government doesn't have to be involved at all, you see.

There aren't enough meat (notice the correct spelling) inspectors as it is. More laws won't make a difference. You realize that you have to rely on business to self-regulate mostly anyway right? You do realize that there's a huge shortage of inspectors? And how many crooked inspectors are there? You liberals really believe that the government inspector is ALWAYS the honest one, how stupid is that?

Fewer laws restricting our food supply by silly things such as mandated raisin reserves and billions in subsidies for big agriculture to throw away crops would be a great start.

You're giving him a headache, please stop. :mrgreen:

There aren't enough meat (notice the correct spelling) inspectors as it is. More laws won't make a difference. You realize that you have to rely on business to self-regulate mostly anyway right? You do realize that there's a huge shortage of inspectors? And how many crooked inspectors are there? You liberals really believe that the government inspector is ALWAYS the honest one, how stupid is that?
I don't believe farmers, ranchers, meat packers and butchers are ALWAYS the honest ones, either.

Yeah, you're right. Let's just rely on the market to keep us safe. So a few people die - so what, right? since they probably wouldn't be people you know, I can see where it wouldn't matter to you. I love you right wing folks. You are so - uh - predictable in your hatred of government that not even keeping people safe gets in the way of your loathing and paranoia.

Oh, and thanks for the spelling lesson. Don't ever make a typo in any future posting or somebody might call you on it.

They've tried, but hard to do with an obstructionist Democrat Senate and White House. But they should get credit for not caving in and being persistent.

So if we take Boner at his word and judge him on the number of laws they repeal, he and his obstructionist, right wing House get a zero, right? Nice work, Boner.

Since they appear to be in it solely for the purpose of making as much money as possible, I'd say that's a safe bet.

Well, is it the House's fault that the Democrat Senate refuses to take up the majority of bills the House sends it's way? Perhaps the problem is the giant turd stuck in the plumbing of government otherwise known as Majority Leader Reid.

Of course it is the House's fault. Getting bills through Congress is a joint effort that always requires compromise. The T's are clueless about that and have no business being in the Govt. They were elected by fear, gerrymandering and dirty money.

Conservative Republicans favor smaller government - fewer laws means less government intrusion into your daily lives - sounds good to me.

Oh they don't want govt in their Business. They DO want government in everybodys business, though.

I don't believe farmers, ranchers, meat packers and butchers are ALWAYS the honest ones, either.

That's already well known, the leftwing assumption is always that those people are money grubbers who want to poison children and kill puppies. And of course women, children and minorities are always the most affected.

Yeah, you're right. Let's just rely on the market to keep us safe. So a few people die - so what, right? since they probably wouldn't be people you know, I can see where it wouldn't matter to you. I love you right wing folks. You are so - uh - predictable in your hatred of government that not even keeping people safe gets in the way of your loathing and paranoia.

Oh, and thanks for the spelling lesson. Don't ever make a typo in any future posting or somebody might call you on it.

You didn't read my post carefully. I said you have to count on business to do most of the inspecting anyway. Do you really believe that we can afford to pay for enough inspection to do 100% inspection?? You want to pay $20/lb for your hamburger? I don't.

On the spelling I was just giving you a hard tyme.

So if we take Boner at his word and judge him on the number of laws they repeal, he and his obstructionist, right wing House get a zero, right? Nice work, Boner.

Not at all - he can only control what he has control over - he can't be held responsible for the ineffective leadership and obstruction of others. I'm sure you'd never claim that all the things Obama tries to do and fails mean that he's a zero, do you?

Of course it is the House's fault. Getting bills through Congress is a joint effort that always requires compromise. The T's are clueless about that and have no business being in the Govt. They were elected by fear, gerrymandering and dirty money.

So you're upset that the Republicans have beaten the Democrats at their own game?

So, you're opposed to Obamacare, right?

Are you saying that voters relected Obama because they all hate Obamacare? His reelection was the ultimate poll on the matter. Case closed.

Are you saying that voters relected Obama because they all hate Obamacare? His reelection was the ultimate poll on the matter. Case closed.

So, to help you avoid being a hypocrite, we'll say you also agree that the American people reelected the Boehner Republicans to control the House so that's the ultimate poll on that matter. Case closed.

So, to help you avoid being a hypocrite, we'll say you also agree that the American people reelected the Boehner Republicans to control the House so that's the ultimate poll on that matter. Case closed.

Actually Democratic votes outnumbered Republicans in House races so no that was a gerrymandered "poll"at best. If the voters got their way the House would be Democratic too. Republicans are a permanent minority party now. They must rely on voter suppression, gerrymandering and corruption to get elected.

Back
Top Bottom