• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Spanish skyscraper going up — but without an elevator?

They can put some glass elevators on the sides of the thing and use it as a selling point.

Yeah, but just imagine the sense of achievement once you reach the penthouse.

I thought of that, too, but it's still funny.

Yes it is funny. You would think that whoever approves these things in the government would have raised this issue.

*rushes up 47 floors*

Finally I'm home. Lemme unlock the front do...dammit, where are my keys? Oh crap, I left them in the car.

*groans*

Watch, they'll make a reality show out of this.

"carry your briefcase tomorrow."

Proof positive that all of the world's "stupid" does not reside in the USA, despite what some people appear to believe. :)

Holy Hannah.

going up a flight or two is one thing.... but climbing stairs up a whole SKYSCRAPER?

Um, no.

Holy Hannah.

going up a flight or two is one thing.... but climbing stairs up a whole SKYSCRAPER?

Um, no.

Imagine trying to move into the penthouse in that place. Walking up forty some-odd flights is bad enough. Doing it while carrying a mattress would be a nightmare.

I have to wonder if the people who have already purchased units are fully aware of the elevator issue?

Holy Hannah.

Um, no.

I cannot imagine carrying my groceries (normally a months worth of food) up that far.

Two stories is bad enough. :p

If you make that much money, you have groceries delivered...and tip the delivery guy very well.

Yeah, if I made that much money, I'd buy a ranch somewhere deserted and not live in a skyscraper. :p

Yeah, if I made that much money, I'd buy a ranch somewhere deserted and not live in a skyscraper. :p

I like the ranch...not sure about the "deserted". Seriously, you can come out here anytime, babe...see if you enjoy driving 10 minutes to go somewhere with internet capabilities and being lucky if you can go outside and get a phone signal. :D

And HughesNet can suck my left nut.

I like the ranch...not sure about the "deserted". Seriously, you can come out here anytime, babe...see if you enjoy driving 10 minutes to go somewhere with internet capabilities and being lucky if you can go outside and get a phone signal. :D

And HughesNet can suck my left nut.

Oh, I don't mean so far out that there's no life...just far enough out that the nearest neighbor isn't within arms reach. :D.

I like privacy.

Oh, I don't mean so far out that there's no life...just far enough out that the nearest neighbor isn't within arms reach. :D.

I like privacy.

Oh, well that's fine. If the closest neighbor is a few hundred yards away, I'm good.

If I were a prospective purchaser that the engineers that forgot the elevator are the same ones that decided that the structure of the lower 20 floors are strong enough to carry 27 additional floors.

I once heard a true story (or so I was told by an engineer) that a particular city had a pipe manufacturing facility on the Mississippi. The annual flood crest was expected to be 12' above flood stage in that area. The plant manager decided that his own engineering staff could handle the problem. They reasoned that the plant could sustain 2' of water without significant damage. As a result, they designed a wall 10' high to avoid damage.

Holy Hannah.

Um, no.

I know! I hate elevators, mainly the whole being enclosed in such a small space with people part, so I usually take the stairs but this is really pushing it.

Back
Top Bottom