• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Spain's Border Wall Experience

Carjosse

Sit Nomine Digna
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
So I was watching this Vox video about the border between Morocco and Spain's exclave cities in North Africa.

This a diagram of the wall:
SPAIN_VALLA_DIAGRAM.png

People still somehow even manage to get through all of that. What I think this demonstrates is that unless Trump wants to spend what would probably be trillions upon trillions of dollars building a fence like they have and paying even more to Mexico to enforce the other side Trump's wall is not going to get much done. You have to make it so they don't want to come in the first place.

So I was watching this Vox video about the border between Morocco and Spain's exclave cities in North Africa.

SPAIN_VALLA_DIAGRAM.png

People still somehow even manage to get through all of that. What I think this demonstrates is that unless Trump wants to spend what would probably be trillions upon trillions of dollars building a fence like they have and paying even more to Mexico to enforce the other side Trump's wall is not going to get much done. You have to make it so they don't want to come in the first place.

You have to give Trump some credit. He works really hard at making this country repulsive.

All fencing and walls in the USA should be outlawed completely. They serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever and are an eye sore. This is particularly true for prisons that are extremely ugly due to all the fencing that serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever and were only put up for racist reasons.

All fences and walls in the USA should be required to be taken down within 2 years.

The video in the OP is obviously a lie. It says "a few still get thru" when as the OPer claims really it is ALL get thru. The video telling about most not making it is all just a big Nazi racist lie. Fences and walls are just billboards to racism and otherwise have no value whatsoever, just like door and window locks are worthless and only symbols of racism.

SPAIN_VALLA_DIAGRAM.png

If we don't have a giant moat and dragons, then I don't want it!

S

And of course, even he did all that they could still take boats. They could still overstay visas. etc etc etc.

But then, the wall was never intended as a solution to anything.

The video in the OP is obviously a lie. It says "a few still get thru" when as the OPer claims really it is ALL get thru. The video telling about most not making it is all just a big Nazi racist lie. Fences and walls are just billboards to racism and otherwise have no value whatsoever, just like door and window locks are worthless and only symbols of racism.

You need to work on your reading comprehension.

Some points here.

1) The fences cover very little ground so to say. By this, I mean it is relatively easy to man and secure border because it ain't a big border. Unlike the 3000 mile US border...

2) The cases where people make it over happen when 100s storm the fence with ladders and equipment and the Moroccan police either don't want to or are not quick enough to react.

3) Anyone who does get over are arrested and kicked back.

4) Most Spanish I know are ashamed of the border wall but understand that it is needed.

So far 600 people at least have died trying to get to Spain over the Med this year.

Sendt fra min SM-N9005 med Tapatalk

The video in the OP is obviously a lie. It says "a few still get thru" when as the OPer claims really it is ALL get thru.

You'll have to quote me where the OP says ALL get through.

For the Moroccans on this peninsula looking to escape into Europe, it's either defeat this wall or face the water barrier.

The only security barriers that are difficult are where the government allows lethal force to be used.

You'll have to quote me where the OP says ALL get through.

For the Moroccans on this peninsula looking to escape into Europe, it's either defeat this wall or face the water barrier.

The only security barriers that are difficult are where the government allows lethal force to be used.

It is not the Moroccans trying to get in, it is sub-Saharan Africans.

Back
Top Bottom